COVID-19: Phase 2 Heightened Alert 16 May to 13 June

Blueray

Message added by BabyBlade

One step forward two steps back (the sweeter Phase 3 ☹️😞)

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, RadX said:

Seems she has bipolar 

convenient!

a recent development? or while cruising the high seas and watching sunsets?

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic
(edited)
44 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

Ya lor. Maybe previously she had gotten 300 dollars fine and to her it's nothing. But then now it's different, she will be charged to court and might end up stay in jail. So gg for her..

Another umbrage . I really hope she is not another rubbigh  that is highly paid by using the tax payers' money

Edited by Ct3833
  • Haha! 2

Hypersonic
1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Cannot believe a SAF scholar can behave like this? Even i no study much i also know this is wrong. 🙄

I don't think she is in the force anymore. 

More like Tao Nao short circuit already left.

• Haha! 2

Twincharged
(edited)
1 hour ago, Blueray said:

wah, wait MOH take umbrage .... :XD:

I think they have .... just that they are not releasing it until they can spin a "community not vigilant" story for this CB. [sly]

see how hard they are trying to misrepresent facts to avoid mentioning a certain country which has been a covid hotspot for months. [speechless]

👍🏾.. I am sure we need data to put in place measures for the quarantine . Just that perhaps more could be done using data analysis of the imported cases n the pattern from which country and the profile of the individual that has cases rising. 

else a blanketed approach to a lockdown is like a military way of introducing workflow..  one black sheep n everyone kanna punished..

We also need to be careful of how we implement these measures. The last thing we really want is to have another Morrison moment within the larger community and our trading partners.

but base on data , at least we can speak about the elephant in the room conversation and still have a risk based assessment on the data and try to encourage the well being of the community to drive home a planned contingency.

we should balance both from a need basis as well as a alternative add Ins to the quarantine of 2 weeks to 3 week to 4 weeks if the infection rates increases.

else the next 4 D number may become 9499 …  

Edited by Sdf4786k

Read this forwarded to me by someone.

*Sad but true*

When Covid-19 was discovered, we told you to stop all unnecessary PRCs from coming in. You didn't listen. You think you know better. You mock and chide us for 'over-reacting'. Your leader can even crack a smile when he said: "If you're not sick, no need to wear mask." Your guy say we are being 'xia suay'.

Then, the virus spread like wildfire. You and your cronies start to worry and take 'reactive' actions. The virus outbreak here exposed how bad your chosen people have actually handled their respective ministries. You start a task force. Your people shed crocodile tears in parliament. Just to gain sympathy for doing a terrible job.

Your task force set up protocols. WE FOLLOWED.

We did what you asked till the spread was contained. Till there were times the community cases were ZERO.

Then, your chosen people think it is safe to open the borders. We didn't mind. Coz we know, life and business have to go on for us to survive in this little island. And we know you are not gonna give us any more money to overcome this pandemic. Asking you to stop the bills from coming would just be a fantasy. We would have to wait till there is ice-skating in Hell before our government will freeze our tax and bills even for a few months.

But when the news of a new, stronger variant from India was reported as early as in February, you guys sat back and prefer to watch. No pro-active action regarding this new development. A majority of us told you: STOP THE IMPORTS FROM THERE! And not permanently. TEMPORARILY. Till we know for sure how bad it is.

You didn't listen.

You said 'they' are important and necessary. Then, CNA reported one of the imported cases from there was a relative to a PR here. A relative on a social visit pass. Not a worker. Not a talent. A relative for God's sake. And we wonder: "How many of these imported cases from there are just relatives to your golden FTs, PRs and new citizens?" How come they get to come in? How essential are these relatives?

Now, the situation is getting worse. You start pointing fingers at us. The locals. The Singapore-born people who had been following your protocols and succeeded in bringing the community cases down. And we are forbidden from questioning your incompetence. Any criticism and reactions from us will be labelled as 'racist' in nature and 'anti-government'.

We are subjected to the restrictions again. Why? Because YOU didn't listen to US. You think you know better. You claim your reactive measures are better than the proactive actions we suggested.

Fine.

No point in arguing with your people now. Who are we to challenge you guys, right? All I can ask now is this: Whatever the hell happened to - "This is not a game of cards. This is your life and mine!"

• Praise 19

1 hour ago, Sdf4786k said:

I feel a detail breakdown of how many b1617 variant for returning Citzen numbers n PR should be broken down further 

How many new citizens who knowing the risk choose to go back Hindia too. This group should pay in full any medical expenses arising from their own travel. Not you and me subsidising them. 

• Praise 7

4 hours ago, Weez911 said:

That's red herring by pap, and clearly an afterthought. Singapore has directly imported thousands of people from India in the months during which they have the highest number of cases (still that case now). I also notice they let people go in and out, in and out of the most infected country with a 14-day quarantine period only, although Singaporeans have already told them these measures are not enough and will leak into the community since last year. Also, the Covid testing has a lot of false negatives which Singaporeans have also highlighted. 

It's so frustrating pap refuse to listen to our warnings and continue to do mass import directly from the hardest hit country, maintain quarantine at 14 days and do only 1 testing here. There is no excuse. This is a massive failure on their part.

This will not look too bad if quarantine was 21 days from the time news of the game-changing B1617 variant got out (Dec 2020), more testing at interval, and seriously controlling the entry from India. Say if we still have leaks from other countries despite these measures, then that's our risk appetite in a proper risk-based approach which we know pap does not know.

Here's another piece of evidence that 14 days quarantine is NOT enough. There are more cases but I am pulling out this info from yesterday report by MOH.

Case 63248

Case 63248 is an 80 year-old female Singaporean who had been warded in Tan Tock Seng Hospital Ward 9D from 5 April, and was transferred to the National Centre for Infectious Diseases (NCID) on 28 April. She was tested for COVID-19 daily from 2 May and all her test results were negative for COVID-19 infection. On 13 May, she developed a fever, and her test came back positive for COVID-19 infection. Her serology test result is negative.

15 days to be tested positive, so the 14 days quarantine is a major flaw. I vividly remember that during SARS period in 2003, although the typical incubation period was 2 - 7 days, the quarantine period was 10 - 14 days and we manage to stop the chain of spread within a relative short period of less than 3 months or thereabout.

• Praise 15

2 hours ago, 13177 said:

Cannot believe a SAF scholar can behave like this? Even i no study much i also know this is wrong. 🙄

Not surprising to me at all leh, it seems most of them studied the wrong book, that is how cotton come from sheep 😁

• Haha! 2

Supersonic
57 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Maybe she’s single that’s why.

How you know she is single? Lol.

Supersonic
59 minutes ago, Tohto said:

I don't think she is in the force anymore. 

More like Tao Nao short circuit already left.

Aiya, not in the force liao also cannot use it as an excuse to behave like this mah. Unless her tao nao really short circuit liao?! 😅

(edited)
3 hours ago, Yewheng said:

Her character had nothing to do with her capabilities.

If a minister behaves like her... Can singaporean accept?

https://www.mindef.gov.sg/oms/scholarship/faqs.html The Selection Board looks for candidates with clear leadership potential, good character, a strong desire to realise their true potential, a passion to serve the country and a keen interest to pursue a challenging and fulfilling career with MINDEF/SAF. Can someone find out...what is good character?

Edited by Odyssey2011
  • Haha! 1

If you look at all the news, the narrative is that it’s global, southAsia, cannot be prevented

ffs the main gist here is THEY HAD THE WINDOW to prevent this BUT they did not

who the hell they trying to kid?

Jesus…

• Praise 20
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Nolicense said:

actually due to manpower shortage all along, the only concern for saf is if the person is pes A/B, has "sufficient" intergrity, and is at least Poly or A level.

nothing else matters. oh.. unless its the white horse category

Could Mindef or the defence minister please explain this to singaporean? If this is real. 

↡ Advertisement