COVID-19: Phase 2 Heightened Alert 16 May to 13 June

Blueray

Message added by BabyBlade

One step forward two steps back (the sweeter Phase 3 ☹️😞)

6 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

Facing facts ah it's a matter of time. Also I think they tend to do things very systematically with a phased approach so it's easy to preempt their next move. Nothing is really sudden. I see the closure of Changi Airport as one of the last switches before the main event kicks in lol. But anyway with so much negativity all around, you need an angel like me to light up the darkness.

"The night is darkest just before the dawn. And I promise you, the dawn is coming." - BATMAN

Still positive hahaha 😅

Me more like this fella 

430BFA9D-0DE1-48FF-897E-873C091A5426.jpeg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
3 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

Some say the Spanish flu never really ended leh. It just mutates into a less serious form and survive until now.

I think human have no chance to eradicate Covid though. The liberal western countries, poor countries and countries who don't obey rules will ensure this virus continues on. Many countries just cannot control it effectively. 

Hopefully this virus will become less serious from mutation. That's the only way forward. The global slow vaccine rate cannot keep up with the rate of mutation for sure.

might also be that the most deadly virus variant dies with the entire village.. no one gets out alive.. keep the virus trapped there..

but with modern transport.. we are doomed..

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
8 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Risk based approach my arse.

Can we also take a risk based approach come 2025? I hope by then people will remember how PAP messed up this situation. 

risk based approach mean give 1 GRC at a time?

• Haha! 7

Turbocharged
(edited)
42 minutes ago, RadX said:

DE1B492B-4FA2-4E03-9BD7-9CCD5B9C4567.jpeg

keep-calm-and-party-on-poster-quote-vect

PS: just running to the grocery shop for a while.. stay tuned here everyone.. dont switch that channel..

Edited by Nolicense

Hypersonic
(edited)
31 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

Facing facts ah it's a matter of time. Also I think they tend to do things very systematically with a phased approach so it's easy to preempt their next move. Nothing is really sudden. I see the closure of Changi Airport as one of the last switches before the main event kicks in lol. But anyway with so much negativity all around, you need an angel like me to light up the darkness.

"The night is darkest just before the dawn. And I promise you, the dawn is coming." - BATMAN

Still positive hahaha 😅

For light does the darkness most fear.

😉

If I could tell the world just one thing
It would be that we're all OK
And not to worry 'cause worry is wasteful
And useless in times like these

I won't be made useless
Won't be idle with despair
I'll gather myself around my faith
For light does the darkness most fear

Hands by Jewel.

Edited by Fcw75

46 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

To be honest, that's the only thing we can do la. We already enjoyed as close to normalcy as we can for sometime alr. As long as the whole world is still sick, I don't think any country can be safe unless we completely seal ourselves off. We took a gamble with the situation and unfortunately we lucked out.

CB 2.0 coming to a screen near you soon. 😕

Quickly go stock up your puzzle pieces. Hahaha show us your accomplishments.

Joke aside, our authority like to point finger at singaporean urging us not to be complacent but forgotten 4 fingers are pointing at themselves.

The many proposed travel bubbles, the setting up of what meeting hall at Changi convention hall, the many claims that we can't shut out borders all these painted a glossy picture everythings are under their control. The daily reporting separating imported figure relative to local transmission.  Masking the fact that once an "import" become imported he/she is no different from a local transmission. Putting our healthcare/frontline/locals all at risk.

Maybe indian virus is literate have the ability to differentiate various type of socal pass /depend pass / work permit / pink IC etc.

Okie...enough ranting...😓

• Praise 7

(edited)
28 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

Still orange since 2020. Never been moved.

O ya! Forgotten about the colour code! Hahaha

Edited by Kopites

40 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Risk based approach my arse.

Can we also take a risk based approach come 2025? I hope by then people will remember how PAP messed up this situation. 

Their "risk based approach" has resulted in a "knife edge" situation for Singaporeans in 2 weeks' time, in their own words no less. If this isn't incompetence tell me what is.

• Praise 4

(edited)

If there is a second CB, the impact will be worse this time because more retailers will just shut for good (leading to more permanent job losses). Govt will also have to inject multiple billions into the economy, which is all tax monies of course.

In times of pandemic, our country is still beholden to the CECA contract. We let so many of them in at such a time.

I'm not sure if this is worth what we are getting from the CECA contract. How much does the average Joe benefit from CECA when time is good, and when shit happens (now), how is the average Joe able to fill his stomach?

Edited by Weez911
  • Praise 5

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, 13177 said:

If really there is CB, dont know will gahment touch the reserves to help affected sector again?

In fact there is already a phased "lockdown" - starting with the airport which is effectively closed, businesses at jewel all cannot operate.

But as we can see, the problem of locking down certain sectors is that people will just be channeled elsewhere, e.g. you close the malls, all the crowd will shift to parks and beaches, etc.

The only way to keep people indoors is to close everything, like in the first CB. Then there's nowhere to go.

Perhaps those essential sectors that have managed to achieve good control through regulations, e.g. schools, can be allowed to continue, but all those free-for-all public places should be closed.

• Praise 4

Turbocharged
15 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

If there is a second CB, the impact will be worse this time because more retailers will just shut for good (leading to more permanent job losses). Govt will also have to inject multiple billions into the economy, which is all tax monies of course.

In times of pandemic, our country is still beholden to the CECA contract. We let so many of them in at such a time.

I'm not sure if this is worth what we are getting from the CECA contract. How much does the average Joe benefit from CECA when time is good, and when shit happens (now), how is the average Joe able to fill his stomach?

No need for a debate on ceca in parliament between thr oppies and shamemugam.

It will just be another lopsided 83 yesmen versus 5 or 6 helpless kittens fight. Put it to a national referendum like how Brexit did it. Let the will of the people decide. 

• Praise 9

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, Kopites said:

Quickly go stock up your puzzle pieces. Hahaha show us your accomplishments.

Joke aside, our authority like to point finger at singaporean urging us not to be complacent but forgotten 4 fingers are pointing at themselves.

The many proposed travel bubbles, the setting up of what meeting hall at Changi convention hall, the many claims that we can't shut out borders all these painted a glossy picture everythings are under their control. The daily reporting separating imported figure relative to local transmission.  Masking the fact that once an "import" become imported he/she is no different from a local transmission. Putting our healthcare/frontline/locals all at risk.

Maybe indian virus is literate have the ability to differentiate various type of socal pass /depend pass / work permit / pink IC etc.

Okie...enough ranting...😓

Don't worry. I have enough puzzles on reserve to last me a few CB. Lol.

• Haha! 2