Is Allianz car insurance any good?

Shiq

My car insurance is due for renewal. AIG is charging me quite expensive, so looking around at other insurers. Allianz is charging a decent rate which includes courtesy car (something I need). Anyone had any experience using Allianz? Are they any good? Thanks 

↡ Advertisement

The pricing is very funny. I sourced direct from them and got a very expensive quote, while FSM quoted theirs is the lowest of all insurers. LOL

Naturally, go via FSM.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Kangadrool said:

The pricing is very funny. I sourced direct from them and got a very expensive quote, while FSM quoted theirs is the lowest of all insurers. LOL

Naturally, go via FSM.

Nvr go direct lol

• Haha! 1

Twincharged

Non own Fault[3rd Party Claim],all Insurance Companies the same..very Good..Own Fault,esp Expensive Cars...most not Good.

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator

If you want good, it is usually serviced by an insurance agent, they take your money, they will sure service you one. But the thing is that it will add up to the cost.

(edited)
1 hour ago, kobayashiGT said:

If you want good, it is usually serviced by an insurance agent, they take your money, they will sure service you one. But the thing is that it will add up to the cost.

My experience is, agents normally will be able to get better (lower) premium than going direct to the insurers. Not always the case, but mostly so.

There is some difference is the coverage though between from agents, direct from insurers and tie-ups with banks, but mostly the excess, courtesy car, medical and transport claim allowance.... Small matters.... all these extra premiums saved can easily add up substantial sum saved over years unless you claim every year lah. LOL

Most of the time, I'll just get the cheapest in order to get my car legally on the road. LOL

Edited by Kangadrool

(edited)

Have just renewed with them after a year, but for claims matter *touch wood*, I haven't experience it. Trick is to email them competing quotes with similar coverage, try using India International Insurance or Budget Direct (they will most likely compare it against Budget Direct). I used both and although they couldn't match Budget closely, they threw in a S$100 Shell gift card to sweeten the offer. For me Allianz is still quite decently sized: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_largest_insurance_companies

Edited by Levinx

31 minutes ago, Levinx said:

Have just renewed with them after a year, but for claims matter *touch wood*, I haven't experience it. Trick is to email them competing quotes with similar coverage, try using India International Insurance or Budget Direct (they will most likely compare it against Budget Direct). I used both and although they couldn't match Budget closely, they threw in a S$100 Shell gift card to sweeten the offer. For me Allianz is still quite decently sized: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_largest_insurance_companies

Allianz is the biggest insurer in the world.

In Sg, it is a small player in retail space.

5 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Allianz is the biggest insurer in the world.

In Sg, it is a small player in retail space.

That's why the relatively competitive premium I guess. 

Im using Allianz, 2nd year now , so far all good because no claims everything.

Yes use them bcos cheapest. AXA is good but more expensive.