Clear your plates or kena orh gong ah

StreetFight3r

nz_tray_140583.jpg.00fed98841e450a7d4408b66d6f5070a.jpg

SINGAPORE - It will be mandatory for diners to return their trays and clear their table litter from June 1, the National Environment Agency (NEA) said on Friday (May 14).

Table litter includes used tissues and wet wipes, straws, canned drinks, plastic bottles and food remnants left behind after dining.

To help diners adjust, there will be a three-month advisory period from June 1 to Aug 31, during which diners will be advised to follow the rules and no enforcement action will be taken.

From Sept 1, enforcement will be taken against those who do not clean up after themselves at hawker centres.

First-time offenders will be given a written warning. Subsequent offenders may face composition or court fines, which can go up to $2,000 for the first conviction.

The Singapore Food Agency will also work with NEA to roll out enforcement progressively at coffee shops and foodcourts in the fourth quarter of this year.

NEA said the move, which takes place amid the public health crisis that Singapore is facing, comes after years of extensive educational efforts to change behaviour and mindsets of diners at public places.

NEA's deputy chief executive of public health and director-general of public health Chew Ming Fai said: "We've been talking about these clean tables since 2013, and there's been a lot of education effort that has been put out over the years."

One example is the Clean Tables Campaign launched in February to remind diners to step up the cleanliness in public dining places, such as not leaving food remnants behind after eating and clearing their dirty crockery.

Mr Chew said: "Following up from that exercise, we've seen a small uptick in terms of tray return rates from 33 per cent to 35 per cent, but unfortunately, I don't think that is significant enough."

To complement enforcement, NEA will also be setting up more tray return infrastructure across the hawker centres.

Currently, there are about 900 tray return racks installed across 111 hawker centres.

Good move lehhhhh

but wasnt expecting the mandatory

lai zhen de

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

5 minutes ago, StreetFight3r said:

nz_tray_140583.jpg.00fed98841e450a7d4408b66d6f5070a.jpg

SINGAPORE - It will be mandatory for diners to return their trays and clear their table litter from June 1, the National Environment Agency (NEA) said on Friday (May 14).

Table litter includes used tissues and wet wipes, straws, canned drinks, plastic bottles and food remnants left behind after dining.

To help diners adjust, there will be a three-month advisory period from June 1 to Aug 31, during which diners will be advised to follow the rules and no enforcement action will be taken.

From Sept 1, enforcement will be taken against those who do not clean up after themselves at hawker centres.

First-time offenders will be given a written warning. Subsequent offenders may face composition or court fines, which can go up to $2,000 for the first conviction.

The Singapore Food Agency will also work with NEA to roll out enforcement progressively at coffee shops and foodcourts in the fourth quarter of this year.

NEA said the move, which takes place amid the public health crisis that Singapore is facing, comes after years of extensive educational efforts to change behaviour and mindsets of diners at public places.

NEA's deputy chief executive of public health and director-general of public health Chew Ming Fai said: "We've been talking about these clean tables since 2013, and there's been a lot of education effort that has been put out over the years."

One example is the Clean Tables Campaign launched in February to remind diners to step up the cleanliness in public dining places, such as not leaving food remnants behind after eating and clearing their dirty crockery.

Mr Chew said: "Following up from that exercise, we've seen a small uptick in terms of tray return rates from 33 per cent to 35 per cent, but unfortunately, I don't think that is significant enough."

To complement enforcement, NEA will also be setting up more tray return infrastructure across the hawker centres.

Currently, there are about 900 tray return racks installed across 111 hawker centres.

Good move lehhhhh

but wasnt expecting the mandatory

lai zhen de

i dun mind, but pls pls pls put the sign board clearly in those area where u need to clear yourself.

so many time i try to clear, but those area got cleaner collect, and i stand there  hold my tray look damn stupid.

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged

Should have enforce this long long time ago.

But better late than never.

Surely will have drama in HC with people fighting over clearing tables very soon.

• Praise 2

I foresee things to get worse before it gets better after August...😁

One pet peeve is the cleaner would take away my tray and leave me with my hands for the leftovers..they tink I'm highly trained...🙄

R1272cf66c8c0f96d9f30a47dd15b4d22.jpg

• Haha! 4

Hypersonic

Got provide cloth and water to clean the table? 

So now need more enforcement officers to enforce?  

OK this is how to create jobs,  those locals don't want to do construction work sld do enforcement work. Right Mr Leong?  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 7

page 1

i got unreliable sources saying once return tray becomes successful.  all patrons eating at hawker centre would need to wash the toilets before leaving

1390464844_giphy(9).gif.2c25ef541195fd7b0642eccf7ada894d.gif

• Haha! 4

Supersonic
1 minute ago, mersaylee said:

Lolec as dress code is a must hor...😁

Yalor. And hv to drive B&B merc to hawker ctr to work

Haizz...dis kinda job, who want?

Need ncmp to kpkb in parliament for us

• Haha! 2

Turbocharged
15 minutes ago, Inlinefour said:

Cleaner jobless soon 

Follow by wash our own plates 

Then 100% cookhouse style

👍👍👍

I think cleaners will be upgraded to operate dish washer machines.

Hypersonic

wah... then i propose current table wipers to be upgraded to encik and make diners stand by table after eating

not bad right... higher pay and easier job scope

😅

• Haha! 2

Supersonic

But on a serious note, the tray return rack oso CMI

Many times I had to carry the tray across the hawker centre to find one

And no one manning or clearing the trays there so juz plenty of crows n pigeons feasting 

We gonna see lots of trays piled up on the floor or at the table nearest to it

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 2

Supercharged
18 minutes ago, Inlinefour said:

Create new job 

Table clearing ambassador

Already have.... SG Clean ambassador

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
19 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

Got provide cloth and water to clean the table? 

So now need more enforcement officers to enforce?  

OK this is how to create jobs,  those locals don't want to do construction work sld do enforcement work. Right Mr Leong?  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

I've kids with me so usually will bring along antiseptic wet wipes, clear the plates and even wipe down the tables after eating. For those without kids may be an issue, not many will bring such wipes along. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1