Clear your plates or kena orh gong ah

StreetFight3r

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, Kb27 said:

if you're scared, bring your own sterilized food container.

taobao and go home, very safe for you.

but don't get knock by food delivery guys. [laugh]

the changi prison how ah? the chef transmitted by cooked food? this one very concerning leh.. cannot buy food from outside?

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

On 5/14/2021 at 1:07 PM, inlinesix said:

I always have wet wipes and tissue 

I don’t have kids

I always have wet , wipe w tissue. 😜🍻 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

On 5/14/2021 at 4:18 PM, Kklim said:

The trays are wiped using the same rag used to clear food waste, bird shit, whatever from the tables. Wonder if they are ever washed and disinfected. In places like Geylang Bahru Hawker Centre (newly rebuilt, mind you) you got to walk all the way to the wet market to wash your hands coz there are no washbasins in the hawker centre!! 

Depend on the contractor ... some HC they use disinfect but most dont. 

From i know , each stall is paying abt 400 for the cleaning services. The aunties get less than 1k per mth . The rest goes to tao kay . 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

On 5/15/2021 at 12:30 AM, Ckll said:

I know what you mean .. I have this internal struggle all the time. When I hold the door open and the person behind me just walk in without a nod or any form of acknowledgement of the gesture, I'm pissed at both the person(s) and myself. 

True ... same as in the lift. 

i have learnt so now i bring a small 🔔 

When such thing happen, i took out the 🔔 and ring it then said ... do i look like a bellboy ? 

😂

• Haha! 6

On 5/15/2021 at 8:28 AM, 13177 said:

Ya lo, the tray return shelve simply cannot cope with the amount returned. Making it even more messy and dirty. They should look into this problem first and ensure it can work before they implement such mandatory ruling.

You expect those super white to THINK ? Waaa thats very challenging you know. They are expecting someone to think and they cherrypick which ever give them the best return. 

When no good solution... simply just a new law lor. No need to think so hard . 😄🍻🍻🍻

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

Look at the first post .... it was said in the newspaper they have tried since 2013 . I have not seen much effort done over the past 8 yrs.

All I see in many HC were just multi metal shells and stickers "Hala and NonHala"  . During peak hrs , the shells become a war zone 😂🍻 

Instead of passing stupid law like this , they should have pass law to enforce disinfection in all HC . 

• Praise 6

3 hours ago, Blueray said:

my personal observation is that people are returning trays less in recent months, probably due to rise in community cases and fear of catching covid from tray return stations. [:p]

was having a tea break at a cafe and a family of 4 entered and ordered takeaway and left, all using their footwear to push open the cafe door for entry and exit. at the instruction of the husband / father to not touch the door handle. [crazy]

see already I :huh:

I see many ordering panels in fastfood n bubble tea ... all happily taping away 😄 this family will use foot to order 😜

• Haha! 4

12 minutes ago, Angcheek said:

You expect those super white to THINK ? Waaa thats very challenging you know. They are expecting someone to think and they cherrypick which ever give them the best return. 

When no good solution... simply just a new law lor. No need to think so hard . 😄🍻🍻🍻

wah ... umbrage MIW ah ... [laugh]

1 minute ago, Angcheek said:

I see many ordering panels in fastfood n bubble tea ... all happily taping away 😄 this family will use foot to order 😜

think this round of covid has people spooked, cos its community and not dormitory.

14 minutes ago, Blueray said:

wah ... umbrage MIW ah ... [laugh]

think this round of covid has people spooked, cos its community and not dormitory.

I no take Umbrage... I take Umbrella 🌂 😄

Restaurants shld stop using DIY order panels... it is damn dirty.  

• Haha! 4

Turbocharged
30 minutes ago, Angcheek said:

Look at the first post .... it was said in the newspaper they have tried since 2013 . I have not seen much effort done over the past 8 yrs.

All I see in many HC were just multi metal shells and stickers "Hala and NonHala"  . During peak hrs , the shells become a war zone 😂🍻 

Instead of passing stupid law like this , they should have pass law to enforce disinfection in all HC . 

well.. army camp all can return plates. so that means all nsmen know how to do it.

i see mcdonlads have tray return also. so most kids should know how to do it.

the problem is in HC there is no planning like in cookhouse, no food bin and no basin for plates/bowls and other cutlery. so the design must be like saf cook house.

seems the contractors must be those people who have never eaten at saf cook house. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

(edited)
19 minutes ago, Angcheek said:

they usually place a hand sanitiser nearby.

also depends on whether the person who ordered earlier is chiobu or dinobu. [flowerface]

Edited by Blueray
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
9 minutes ago, Angcheek said:

yes.. i saw some digging their nether regions and then touching the panel..  🤢

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
On 5/15/2021 at 8:28 AM, 13177 said:

Ya lo, the tray return shelve simply cannot cope with the amount returned. Making it even more messy and dirty. They should look into this problem first and ensure it can work before they implement such mandatory ruling.

you will find the non-halal shelves full bcuz the cleaners can't clear them in time. then you see the halal shelves besides is half empty.

what do you do ?

• Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Angcheek said:

these people are not like the civil servants of the yesteryears hor... they now position themselves as the regulators of everything niah, they do the regulations, no do the jobs...

you dun follow the regulations? it is your problem...

you got problem to follow the regulations? it is your problem...

you follow the regulations but still got problem, it is still your problem...

so whatever problem, it is still your problem....

• Haha! 3

Just my opinion. Instead of punitive action, why not use incentive approach? That is, if customer returns plates/bowls/trays can get back $1.00/$2.00, or maybe a certain % of the expenditure from the stall he/she patronizes? In this way, you get the other stakeholders (i.e. the food stall-holders and cleaners) involved as well, right?

For eg, a customer pays $4.00 for a plate of mixed rice. If customer returns the receptacles/tray, he/she can go back to the stall to redeem some money back? And say if customer doesn't care and prefers to leave and not do the return, then the cleaner will resume to clear up and clean the table.

I feel this works better for all parties - customer is not punished; customer gets to decide if he wants to eat cheaper, or pay more; cleaner will not easily lose job; and most importantly, the food stall-holders are also involved in upkeep of the cleanliness of the premises.

:) 

23 minutes ago, vwX3 said:

Just my opinion. Instead of punitive action, why not use incentive approach? That is, if customer returns plates/bowls/trays can get back $1.00/$2.00, or maybe a certain % of the expenditure from the stall he/she patronizes? In this way, you get the other stakeholders (i.e. the food stall-holders and cleaners) involved as well, right?

For eg, a customer pays $4.00 for a plate of mixed rice. If customer returns the receptacles/tray, he/she can go back to the stall to redeem some money back? And say if customer doesn't care and prefers to leave and not do the return, then the cleaner will resume to clear up and clean the table.

I feel this works better for all parties - customer is not punished; customer gets to decide if he wants to eat cheaper, or pay more; cleaner will not easily lose job; and most importantly, the food stall-holders are also involved in upkeep of the cleanliness of the premises.

🙂

So complicated, and there will be some who won't be bothered with the 1 dollar. They will feel even more entitled to less their mess behind. Just make it mandatory and be over with it. Many Sinkies are not the automatic types. 

Like 2 abreast cycling/single file issue. 

• Praise 2

Supersonic
21 hours ago, Nolicense said:

yes.. i saw some digging their nether regions and then touching the panel..  🤢

Same like those handles in the bus and MRT lo. See people digging their nose or sneezing on their hands, and then no clean their hands and just touch those handles. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3