Clear your plates or kena orh gong ah

StreetFight3r

Supersonic
5 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Been trying to do that years ago with common utensils...only lasted 15 mins...then the reunion of all utensils in the pot...😅

Very difficult for chinese to use common utensils lo.

↡ Advertisement

No extension to advisory period for returning trays; enforcement to start Sep 1: NEA

SINGAPORE: From Sep 1, diners who do not return their trays and crockery after their meals will be issued warnings and fines, said the National Environment Agency (NEA) in a statement on Tuesday (Jun 22).

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/tray-return-clear-tables-enforcement-start-sep-1-nea-15066508

• Praise 2

Supercharged

I've seen single adult eating their meal at HC with young toddler in pram. It's not easy to navigate to the return try station with one hand pushing, and the other balancing the tray, especially when it's crowded.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
3 hours ago, Didu said:

I've seen single adult eating their meal at HC with young toddler in pram. It's not easy to navigate to the return try station with one hand pushing, and the other balancing the tray, especially when it's crowded.

true but one has to ask how that person collected his/her food in the first place. 

i guess it's even worse if the return station is pretty full and one has to clear some space in it before placing more things inside

• Praise 5

Supersonic
2 hours ago, Shibadog said:

true but one has to ask how that person collected his/her food in the first place. 

i guess it's even worse if the return station is pretty full and one has to clear some space in it before placing more things inside

Ya, if that person can collect the food, so that person also can return the tray. Lol.

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

6 hours ago, Didu said:

E-x-c-u-s-e-s

• Haha! 6

7 hours ago, Didu said:

Hawker centre may be a little challenging especially if you are eating something soupy and you did not finish most of the soup. But it can be done with some practice. I did that over a decade ago with my kids when they were babies. I had to carry the baby with one hand (easier if I had the baby in a sling, for mens) and tray with the other hand. Start with easier to manage food and can slowly move to soupy food, etc. I could even do it at fast food restaurant where you have to push the rubbish + paper lining into the bin via a flap....with one hand. :grin:

Have a look at what some Jap mum or ang mo mum/dad do....especially in their home country.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

Twincharged
24 minutes ago, Silver_blade said:

@Shibadog Agree. Collecting food with baby is more challenging that returning tray with mostly empty plate/bowl and cup. 

Exactly. All the excuses of cannot are just that. 

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
58 minutes ago, Silver_blade said:

Hawker centre may be a little challenging especially if you are eating something soupy and you did not finish most of the soup. But it can be done with some practice. I did that over a decade ago with my kids when they were babies. I had to carry the baby with one hand (easier if I had the baby in a sling, for mens) and tray with the other hand. Start with easier to manage food and can slowly move to soupy food, etc. I could even do it at fast food restaurant where you have to push the rubbish + paper lining into the bin via a flap....with one hand. :grin:

Have a look at what some Jap mum or ang mo mum/dad do....especially in their home country.

You are power man, can carry a baby with one hand and with food on the other hand! :o For me, high chance i would either drop the baby or the food even before i make it to the table. I find i have problem balancing things with my hands. Even using both hands to carry food, esp soupy food on the tray, i also have fear of toppling the food. Furthermore the trays used in our hawker centre/foodcourt the base is quite slippery de, food would tend to move on its own on the tray de! [sweatdrop]

• Haha! 2

3 hours ago, 13177 said:

You are power man, can carry a baby with one hand and with food on the other hand! :o For me, high chance i would either drop the baby or the food even before i make it to the table. I find i have problem balancing things with my hands. Even using both hands to carry food, esp soupy food on the tray, i also have fear of toppling the food. Furthermore the trays used in our hawker centre/foodcourt the base is quite slippery de, food would tend to move on its own on the tray de! [sweatdrop]

Type and condition of the tray is important on if you will have the tray and if you can have your drinks with food. If the tray is wrapped, I would just take the food without tray or condiments eg. Chilli, soya sauce, etc and I would have my drink after my meal and after I had returned the plate/bowl. 

Cannot have everything in life…have to make some adjustments 😃😃😃

• Praise 5

Neutral Newbie

@Beregond you don't look stupid Sir, you are admired by many who see your good example. Do keep it up. I'm you and your family very find eating out at hawker centres, coffeeshops and other self service Food courts  pleasant soon. Thank you for support this effort by NEA who finally find the best solution over decades of futile campaigns and education. 

@mersayleeOur chinese custom of sefgvimg foods has to change and modify a bit, every meals that I had prepare for my family comes with a serving spoon individually  and we have each soup bowl and spoon for every family member.

I'm trained F&B executive for more than a decade + yet we have to inculcate a sense of eating habits changes, chinese foods especially in wedding dinner are long draw period, so the time frame of having meal time is much longer plus cross contamination is higher by sharing foods with chopsticks etc.

Lastly, eat HOT food when it's`hot & not cold or warm, and once finish meal,  do remove own eating utensils, all shared food wastes  and other paraphernalia will also be cleared individually. Be safe !

• Praise 4

Supersonic
1 hour ago, RadX said:

You ask me return, I return lo

69585EA7-BE47-41AB-B945-82543D78BC1C.jpeg

Another measure implementation executed without thinking on the supporting part?! Lol.