Clear your plates or kena orh gong ah

StreetFight3r

Bu but… 2016 ppl so civil meh? Return trays?

must b aliens in 2021

or this 2021 pic taken when dining out banned

tada……. Mystery deepens 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3

When I was a teenager, after i had ordered food, the hawker will deliver to our table (they have good memories).  After that, we begin to queue up and self-service at the stalls.

Now we also have to self-service return of trays.  In 10 years' time, we might have to self-service wash our own utensils??!!

Btw, i was at Whampoa hawker centre yesterday, while i notice that the plates etc, were generally cleared from tables, sauces, gravies still remained on the tables.  The next users have to clean up before having their meals.... cleaners are nowhere to be seen. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 5

Supersonic
2 hours ago, Kb27 said:

oh heck, i forgot to clear the plates this morning.

Lucky no enforcement people around. But now even get caught they also give warning only.

• Praise 1

Supersonic
2 hours ago, Fat_slayer said:

When I was a teenager, after i had ordered food, the hawker will deliver to our table (they have good memories).  After that, we begin to queue up and self-service at the stalls.

Now we also have to self-service return of trays.  In 10 years' time, we might have to self-service wash our own utensils??!!

Btw, i was at Whampoa hawker centre yesterday, while i notice that the plates etc, were generally cleared from tables, sauces, gravies still remained on the tables.  The next users have to clean up before having their meals.... cleaners are nowhere to be seen. 

By right they say need to clear your table, meaning is to clear utensils, tray and also clean off any food leftover and also sauce left on the table as well lo. So as next user will have a clean table to use. But too bad people clearing table for the sake of doing it only.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
2 minutes ago, 13177 said:

By right they say need to clear your table, meaning is to clear utensils, tray and also clean off any food leftover and also sauce left on the table as well lo. So as next user will have a clean table to use. But too bad people clearing table for the sake of doing it only.

you mean like those people eat and spit the bones and shells on the table and dont clear it but clear the plates only?

15 minutes ago, 13177 said:

If you watch Diana Ser Documentary on this topic, there are ppl who return tray ONLY.

Plates and cutlery are left on the table.

😂

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 4

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Nolicense said:

you mean like those people eat and spit the bones and shells on the table and dont clear it but clear the plates only?

Yes.

Supersonic
1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

If you watch Diana Ser Documentary on this topic, there are ppl who return tray ONLY.

😂

Like that speechless liao, these people dont understand the instruction ah? Lol.

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, inlinesix said:

😂

not wrong.. its called tray return. never say cutlery and plate lor..

• Haha! 2

Supersonic
3 hours ago, 13177 said:

Lucky no enforcement people around. But now even get caught they also give warning only.

They should put up some signs. No signs, nobody returning trays, and so long I haven't sit down to have a meal, of cuz out of habit I left it there as the cleaner is always moving around to clear trays. That was at Jl Kukoh.

Over at Whampoa, my brother (he has a stall there) feedback to me, the cleaners just sit down and didn't clean tables, bcuz people were returning trays.

• Praise 1

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Kb27 said:

They should put up some signs. No signs, nobody returning trays, and so long I haven't sit down to have a meal, of cuz out of habit I left it there as the cleaner is always moving around to clear trays. That was at Jl Kukoh.

Over at Whampoa, my brother (he has a stall there) feedback to me, the cleaners just sit down and didn't clean tables, bcuz people were returning trays.

Looks like the return tray campaign dont really work well. Ended patrons return tray but no clean up the table, and cleaners thought now no need to clean tables liao since people are returning their tray?! 😅

Think make the situation become worst than better!

• Haha! 1

(edited)
On 6/25/2021 at 9:25 PM, RadX said:

Bu but… 2016 ppl so civil meh? Return trays?

must b aliens in 2021

or this 2021 pic taken when dining out banned

tada……. Mystery deepens 

Me family do.

Be it fast food joint/hawker/food centre we always make a it point to clear our tray and use the wet tissue to wipe clean the table.

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 1

I don't understand what's the obsession with analysing the psychology behind tray returns since the regulation started. I've been returning trays since there were shelves made available once upon a time. I also have friends who don't which is fine by me. I do the same whether I'm with friends or not. They may follow my act or they don't but I really don't care.

My point is there seems to be lots of weird teenager angst brewing in the minds of full grown adults about this.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)
36 minutes ago, Jellandross said:

I don't understand what's the obsession with analysing the psychology behind tray returns since the regulation started. I've been returning trays since there were shelves made available once upon a time. I also have friends who don't which is fine by me. I do the same whether I'm with friends or not. They may follow my act or they don't but I really don't care.

My point is there seems to be lots of weird teenager angst brewing in the minds of full grown adults about this.

Exactly. Not sure who is driving this change…. 
For me, the biggest adv is less food for the birds. I find it very disgusting birds will eat leftover food on the tables….

Edited by Wind30
  • Praise 2

38 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

For me, the biggest adv is less food for the birds. I find it very disgusting birds will eat leftover food on the tables….

I find it more disgusting humans throwing their used tissues into the half eaten gravies /soup amd leaving for the next diners to see...... 

• Praise 1

Supersonic
3 hours ago, Wind30 said:

Hope to see less pigeons and mynahs.

But then they could congregate at the tray return shelves.