Clear your plates or kena orh gong ah

StreetFight3r

Hypersonic
7 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

I don’t see how it is different or better if the one same cleaner manages the whole area with bowls and plates left on the table. Also cannot cope. 
I’m sure one can stand a wait a bit at the tray return area just as long as you would have queued for your food, for the cleaner to make space on the rack. Worst case just sit at the table till the racks are clear. 

i am calling for a beefing up of the tray return capacity and more manpower to be deployed at these stations since less is needed to go around collecting crockery and wiping tables so that operationally everyone can have a better time in the food centres.

not whining here like you about the excuses of diners not returning trays and saying we should live with and endure the current state as it is

🙄

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

11 minutes ago, Enye said:

i am calling for a beefing up of the tray return capacity and more manpower to be deployed at these stations since less is needed to go around collecting crockery and wiping tables so that operationally everyone can have a better time in the food centres.

not whining here like you about the excuses of diners not returning trays and saying we should live with and endure the current state as it is

🙄

Most Hawker Centre lack proper signage to show location of Tray Return Rack

Supercharged
2 hours ago, Gizmore said:

For tray/bowl/plates return to work, first standardise it. All stores using the same. Very much like foodcourt. This allows proper stacking to conserve space. Imaging a family of five ordered from different stores with different bowls/plates, when it's time to clear, that literally takes up 5 tray space side by side because it is not possible to stack properly. It's much easier to try to stack as many and return just one or two trays. 

What happens is that during peak hours, like during lunch time, diners simply eat and go. The unmanned tray return shelve will not be able to cope. In the end, I'm sure everyone will just leave it anywhere or on the floor, leading to birds scavenging on the leftovers.

This has been done at AMK Blk 628 hawker centre. The cleaning company also supplies the bowls and plates, chopsticks, forks and spoons. All at a cost to the hawkers, of course. Result is food prices went up at least 50 cents! Plus have to pay 50 cents to the hawker for use of tray; this is returned to you when you return the tray. As a result, most people don't bother to use the trays and leave tableware and cutlery on the tables!!

Seriously getting my own tray for hygiene reasons
https://www.amazon.sg/Sunnex-Polyproplyene-Food-Tray-41-5/dp/B00XLD5VCA/ref=asc_df_B00XLD5VCA/?tag=googleshoppin-22&linkCode=df0&hvadid=389055176334&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=2732609340253307931&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9062523&hvtargid=pla-423608973301&psc=1

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Adrianli said:

I foresee that more hawkers will switch to disposable utensils and cutlery for their customers. Eat finish, just tabao and throw.

Plastic waste going up.

I reckon the sales of wet tissue will go up as well.

Anyway me family always has a pack of wet tissue whenever we dine at food center.  

(edited)
2 minutes ago, Kklim said:

This has been done at AMK Blk 628 hawker centre. The cleaning company also supplies the bowls and plates, chopsticks, forks and spoons. All at a cost to the hawkers, of course. Result is food prices went up at least 50 cents! Plus have to pay 50 cents to the hawker for use of tray; this is returned to you when you return the tray. As a result, most people don't bother to use the trays and leave tableware and cutlery on the tables!!

https://www.amazon.sg/Sunnex-Polyproplyene-Food-Tray-41-5/dp/B00XLD5VCA/ref=asc_df_B00XLD5VCA/?tag=googleshoppin-22&linkCode=df0&hvadid=389055176334&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=2732609340253307931&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9062523&hvtargid=pla-423608973301&psc=1

So army look alike. Hahaha try ask those cbd OL to carry along a tray for lunch.😄

Edited by Kopites

Supersonic
8 minutes ago, Kklim said:

Bedok South, Yishun Park hawker centres also same.

Nobody wants to pay extra for tray. At BD South if you buy porridge dishes, the uncle will even help carry the dishes to your table, no trays of cuz. [laugh]

stinky no good trays are to be avoided at all costs.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
11 hours ago, 13177 said:

I agree on this. The tray always have this funny sour smell, and i even see many people place the cutlery on the tray directly when they order food. I see liao also sweat. 😅

I think they have to install washbasins within the hawker centre. Many hawker centre has no washbasin. 

Agree because I nearly puke once when I was carrying my food on the tray to a table.

It smells even worse than a 7 days 6 nights outfield exercise without any bath.

• Haha! 4

Turbocharged
11 hours ago, 13177 said:

I agree on this. The tray always have this funny sour smell, and i even see many people place the cutlery on the tray directly when they order food. I see liao also sweat. 😅

I think they have to install washbasins within the hawker centre. Many hawker centre has no washbasin. 

i think MP dont eat at HC. and the useless grassroots chiak liao bee.

why dont they seek feedback from customers. instead come out with all these skolar ideas.

last time say parking coupon money was to build carpark. provide employment for sg parking auntie. now just collect money and outsource warden job to JB kia.

last time HC was to provide sg with affordable food, stop street side hawking, improve hygiene, provide jobs for hawkers as a viable form of making a living.

now rents become too high. they cannot find next generation of hawkers (ok maybe people think it is low class job).

and now collect money from hawkers and customers for something that hawkers used to do themselves. provide cutlery and tray. sometimes i cant help but think this is some money making idea rather than really being useful for hawker and customer. 

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
6 minutes ago, Nolicense said:

why dont they seek feedback from customers. instead come out with all these skolar ideas.

last time say parking coupon money was to build carpark. provide employment for sg parking auntie. now just collect money and outsource warden job to JB kia.

last time HC was to provide sg with affordable food, stop street side hawking, improve hygiene, provide jobs for hawkers as a viable form of making a living.

now rents become too high. they cannot find next generation of hawkers (ok maybe people think it is low class job).

and now collect money from hawkers and customers for something that hawkers used to do themselves. provide cutlery and tray. sometimes i cant help but think this is some money making idea rather than really being useful for hawker and customer. 

Ivory brains think differently.

6c2911_a9dbc6c5da5e44b6877e809a3ec7f16d~

• Haha! 1

(edited)

@StreetFight3r About time. Education has been going on for years with little impact. I have been clearing tray at fast food for close to 40yrs and at hawker centres for years. My kids clear their trays from when they were strong enough at 4-5yrs old.

Edited by Silver_blade
  • Praise 4

1 minute ago, Silver_blade said:

@StreetFight3r About time. Education has been going on for years with little impact. 

sad our society

ask u clear plates u dunwan

always need to orh gong

though our return counter got much to be improved

• Praise 1

Supersonic
18 minutes ago, Nolicense said:

MP eat at hawker centre? Confirmed no lo. 😂 They are not affected by all the ruling that they come out with de. It is us who suffer.

• Praise 1

I am for self-clearing and have been doing so for decades. Even at kopi tiam and hawker centres where it is not mandatory. I definitely clear and clean my table after eating at Subway, McDonalds and other fast food restaurants. Why? Because I am a gentleman. I do so regardless whether the next person is a lady, tramp, gentleman or lout. 

Like many of you, I am aghast at the cleanliness of trays even though the utensils may be well washed. I see the kopi tiam uncle wipe my tray with the same dirty cloth he uses to wipe the table clean. Warped, funny smelling trays are the norm in many places. I just hope that with this self-clearing law, there will be another mandatory change that all trays get sanitised in the crockery washing area before sending out for re-use. I think Timbre+ does so as the trays come out warm and damp.  I cannot comment about McDonalds but I think they do clean trays since hygiene has always been a strong point at McDonalds.

Seeing the many seniors employed as table cleaners, some with walking disabilities, it is better for centralised washing. Reduce the cleaners task to just sanitise tables and have fewer of them. The other cleaners just operate the crockery and tray washers. Less walking and bending for the old folks who are still working for a living. Make their life easier. I met one at a Clementi kopi tiam. She sat opposite me to take a rest from clearing and to take her meds. I asked her age, and she said 87. People like her who still need to work deserve an easier job like operating washers while seated. Not limp around with a trolley to collect trays and clean tables. Her standard of cleanliness wiping tables is another matter.

If an agile younger FW or local can better clear the collection racks, better at cleaning tables and better at washing the floor after hours, le them do it. Leave the seniors with questionable hygiene and who are not so easily trained to operate the automatic cleaning machines at the back. Better for them and we get cleaner crockery. 

• Praise 7

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Kb27 said:

Bedok South, Yishun Park hawker centres also same.

Nobody wants to pay extra for tray. At BD South if you buy porridge dishes, the uncle will even help carry the dishes to your table, no trays of cuz. [laugh]

stinky no good trays are to be avoided at all costs.

I frequently go to the bedok south hc opposite Temasek jc. Seriously, the trays are clean, new and with no funky smell. But many who frequent that hc have bad habits. 

I've seen amdk amdl clear their own trays at hc...don't tink it's all that a chore to diy...but the black face at some of the tray return stations make me feel like just drop the tray and run...😁

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
52 minutes ago, serenade said:

I am for self-clearing and have been doing so for decades. Even at kopi tiam and hawker centres where it is not mandatory. I definitely clear and clean my table after eating at Subway, McDonalds and other fast food restaurants. Why? Because I am a gentleman. I do so regardless whether the next person is a lady, tramp, gentleman or lout. 

Like many of you, I am aghast at the cleanliness of trays even though the utensils may be well washed. I see the kopi tiam uncle wipe my tray with the same dirty cloth he uses to wipe the table clean. Warped, funny smelling trays are the norm in many places. I just hope that with this self-clearing law, there will be another mandatory change that all trays get sanitised in the crockery washing area before sending out for re-use. I think Timbre+ does so as the trays come out warm and damp.  I cannot comment about McDonalds but I think they do clean trays since hygiene has always been a strong point at McDonalds.

Seeing the many seniors employed as table cleaners, some with walking disabilities, it is better for centralised washing. Reduce the cleaners task to just sanitise tables and have fewer of them. The other cleaners just operate the crockery and tray washers. Less walking and bending for the old folks who are still working for a living. Make their life easier. I met one at a Clementi kopi tiam. She sat opposite me to take a rest from clearing and to take her meds. I asked her age, and she said 87. People like her who still need to work deserve an easier job like operating washers while seated. Not limp around with a trolley to collect trays and clean tables. Her standard of cleanliness wiping tables is another matter.

If an agile younger FW or local can better clear the collection racks, better at cleaning tables and better at washing the floor after hours, le them do it. Leave the seniors with questionable hygiene and who are not so easily trained to operate the automatic cleaning machines at the back. Better for them and we get cleaner crockery. 

lol..dont forget there was pap MP who talk about jobs upgrading. this dishwasher upgraded to cleaner. .. so for the 87 yo is downgrade from cleaner to dishwasher operator

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
5 hours ago, Enye said:

i return the trays regularly and agree that the tray return stations in the present state will not be able to cope if all diners start to return their crockery.

the capacity is simply not big enough and the trolleys are usually unmanned or at most 1 cleaner clearing the returned trays.

go to tiong bahru food centre and observe  the situation.  the single cleaner at the tray return station could hardly cope with the current volume already with all the tray return ambassadors going around exhorting diners to clear their own trays.

as usual scholars just implement the policy without ensuring operational readiness 

😬

now they can camp all the cleaners at the tray return station. Maybe only need 1 or 2 to wipe the table. 

Maybe they timed this new no dining out measure to give hawker centres more time to upgrade the tray retuen capabilities before implementation HAHAHAAH, just trying to be optimstic!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2