Clear your plates or kena orh gong ah

StreetFight3r

4 hours ago, Nolicense said:

lol..dont forget there was pap MP who talk about jobs upgrading. this dishwasher upgraded to cleaner. .. so for the 87 yo is downgrade from cleaner to dishwasher operator

No MP...i didn't approve...😁

↡ Advertisement

13 hours ago, StreetFight3r said:

sad our society

ask u clear plates u dunwan

always need to orh gong

though our return counter got much to be improved

Actually I tot it will make sense that most people born in the 70's/80's onwards should be clearing the table after use cos many grew up with some fast food culture, etc. 

I do agree that some tray return area is not cleared fast enough when it is full and ppl will have to look for another tray return point.

• Praise 3

I am one who always clear my own tray and plates whenever I go to the hawker centre or fast food joints. However must the govt have the fine policy? We are really becoming a 'fine' city.

• Praise 3

18 hours ago, Silver_blade said:

@StreetFight3r About time. Education has been going on for years with little impact. I have been clearing tray at fast food for close to 40yrs and at hawker centres for years. My kids clear their trays from when they were strong enough at 4-5yrs old.

2 hours ago, Discoburg said:

I am one who always clear my own tray and plates whenever I go to the hawker centre or fast food joints. However must the govt have the fine policy? We are really becoming a 'fine' city.

I think its cos of suspicion that it's all just for money.

gst  - help the poor

Fuel/ water/ plastic bag tax - save environment.

Minimum sum cpf - help your retirement

Return tray fine - covic mindedness

So that is why people start to get suspicious that it's all just to earn money.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Supersonic

Should just ask Temasek to issue all singaporeans one set SAF mess tin.  Equip hawker centres with wash basin.  Everyone who goes to hawker centre must bring own mess tin for hawkers to put food.  Finish eating, wash at the wash basin.  No need trays, mess tins got handles.  Cleaners just focus on cleaning tables. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

Supersonic
3 hours ago, Discoburg said:

No fine things doesnt work and people would not follow and do de. This is what people in sg is being “educated” for?! 🙄 No such thing of self discipline and automatic.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

36 minutes ago, 13177 said:

No fine things doesnt work and people would not follow and do de. This is what people in sg is being “educated” for?! 🙄 No such thing of self discipline and automatic.

Thats why we Singaporeans doesn't deserve the good things. Also sad that we have to do such things with fear.

• Praise 4

Twincharged
1 hour ago, 13177 said:

You also need to understand that we are now a huge melting pot. People who grew up here are but less than 50%. 
it’s the same with driving. Not condoning the locals who drive and behave badly, but licenses are dished out to people in other countries where it can be bought is a worrying sign. 

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Discoburg said:

Thats why we Singaporeans doesn't deserve the good things. Also sad that we have to do such things with fear.

Yes people in sg doesn’t deserve any good things, because they dont know how to appreciate it. 

• Praise 2

(edited)

my personal observation is that people are returning trays less in recent months, probably due to rise in community cases and fear of catching covid from tray return stations. [:p]

was having a tea break at a cafe and a family of 4 entered and ordered takeaway and left, all using their footwear to push open the cafe door for entry and exit. at the instruction of the husband / father to not touch the door handle. [crazy]

see already I :huh:

Edited by Blueray
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
21 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

You also need to understand that we are now a huge melting pot. People who grew up here are but less than 50%. 
it’s the same with driving. Not condoning the locals who drive and behave badly, but licenses are dished out to people in other countries where it can be bought is a worrying sign. 

No wonder driving on the road now as compared to 10-20 years ago is very dangerous. Due to many drivers drive recklessly and dont care and be bother to look out for others road user.

• Praise 1

Supersonic
2 minutes ago, Blueray said:

my personal observation is that people are returning trays less in recent months, probably due to rise in community cases and fear of catching covid from tray return stations. [:p]

was having a tea break at a cafe and a family of 4 entered and ordered takeaway and left, all using their footwear to push open the cafe door for entry and exit. at the instruction of the husband / father. [crazy]

see already I :huh:

If they really scare until like this, then they should not step out of their house at all liao. Lol.

Just now, 13177 said:

If they really scare until like this, then they should not step out of their house at all liao. Lol.

yes, it was quite comical. 

father got quite agitated every time the 2 kinds went near the tissue disposal bin too. :XD:

• Haha! 2

Supersonic

if you're scared, bring your own sterilized food container.

taobao and go home, very safe for you.

but don't get knock by food delivery guys. [laugh]

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
3 hours ago, Loki said:

Should just ask Temasek to issue all singaporeans one set SAF mess tin.  Equip hawker centres with wash basin.  Everyone who goes to hawker centre must bring own mess tin for hawkers to put food.  Finish eating, wash at the wash basin.  No need trays, mess tins got handles.  Cleaners just focus on cleaning tables. 

i tot sg want to show case sg heritage HC food.. like that tourist need to buy one set saf mess tin as souvenir liao. lol

2 hours ago, Discoburg said:

Sad but I totally agree. We can't just blame foreigners. Locals' behaviours and civic consciousness have deteriorated so much that it is worse than China. Give them a nice clean place they will mess it up with cigarette butts and food/drink containers. Give them 4/5 lanes on the expressways they will hog lane one. 

And most are more untrainable than dogs. They will only know the stick approach.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

45 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

That's what I have to do for the next 2-3 weeks.... 😅

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Kb27 said:

Maybe even dabao also not safe cause need to get close to people when queuing. Lol.

↡ Advertisement