Clear your plates or kena orh gong ah

StreetFight3r

Supersonic
1 minute ago, Ckll said:

I know what you mean .. I have this internal struggle all the time. When I hold the door open and the person behind me just walk in without a nod or any form of acknowledgement of the gesture, I'm pissed at both the person(s) and myself. 

Many people are like this. But har, if you want to clean the table for next user or hold the door open for the person behind willingly, just don’t expect others would show appreciation lo. No need to get pissed la. 😂

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Supercharged
1 minute ago, 13177 said:

Many people are like this. But har, if you want to clean the table for next user or hold the door open for the person behind willingly, just don’t expect others would show appreciation lo. No need to get pissed la. 😂

But, isn't it basic courtesy to say thanks ? 

If my kid does that, I'd scold them.

Supersonic
2 minutes ago, Ckll said:

Ya, the trays are a hotbed for bacteria and germs. As someone likely pointed out, they're being wiped by the same rag that wipe the table, the leftovers, the birdshit, etc ..  

If possible, I won't even use the tray. 

Confirmed the tray is wipe with the same rag that wipe everything and the tray just return back to the stall for next user to use. Dont think the tray will be wash and clean at all, and it just reuse again and again just by wiping with a dirty rag.

The more i think of it, the more i am losing my appetite when eating outside liao. 😨

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

Supercharged
1 minute ago, 13177 said:

Confirmed the tray is wipe with the same rag that wipe everything and the tray just return back to the stall for next user to use. Dont think the tray will be wash and clean at all, and it just reuse again and again just by wiping with a dirty rag.

The more i think of it, the more i am losing my appetite when eating outside liao. 😨

That's why I try not to use a tray. If bo pian must use one, I'd immediately put it away when I've reached my table ..  either on an empty seat or the next empty table 😁

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
1 minute ago, Ckll said:

But, isn't it basic courtesy to say thanks ? 

If my kid does that, I'd scold them.

Too bad most people regardless of age dont have basic courtesy liao. And think most parents do not educated their kids firmly on basic courtesy also.

A good example when i go to my friends house with kids nowadays, almost all kids nowadays dont greet the visitors at all. Just look at you blankly. And their parents also never make sure and teach their kids that it is a basic courtesy to greet people?! 😂

• Praise 2
  • Angry 1

Supersonic
3 minutes ago, Ckll said:

That's why I try not to use a tray. If bo pian must use one, I'd immediately put it away when I've reached my table ..  either on an empty seat or the next empty table 😁

Same same. Immediately put it away when reached my table, cannot tahan the sour and smelly taste on the tray. 🤢

• Praise 2

Supercharged
2 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Too bad most people regardless of age dont have basic courtesy liao. And think most parents do not educated their kids firmly on basic courtesy also.

A good example when i go to my friends house with kids nowadays, almost all kids nowadays dont greet the visitors at all. Just look at you blankly. And their parents also never make sure and teach their kids that it is a basic courtesy to greet people?! 😂

If the parents don't do it, the kids won't learn cos they don't have an example to follow. 

shang liang bu zhen xia liang wai

• Praise 3

Supercharged

For tray/bowl/plates return to work, first standardise it. All stores using the same. Very much like foodcourt. This allows proper stacking to conserve space. Imaging a family of five ordered from different stores with different bowls/plates, when it's time to clear, that literally takes up 5 tray space side by side because it is not possible to stack properly. It's much easier to try to stack as many and return just one or two trays. 

What happens is that during peak hours, like during lunch time, diners simply eat and go. The unmanned tray return shelve will not be able to cope. In the end, I'm sure everyone will just leave it anywhere or on the floor, leading to birds scavenging on the leftovers.

• Praise 1

Supersonic
22 minutes ago, Gizmore said:

For tray/bowl/plates return to work, first standardise it. All stores using the same. Very much like foodcourt. This allows proper stacking to conserve space. Imaging a family of five ordered from different stores with different bowls/plates, when it's time to clear, that literally takes up 5 tray space side by side because it is not possible to stack properly. It's much easier to try to stack as many and return just one or two trays. 

What happens is that during peak hours, like during lunch time, diners simply eat and go. The unmanned tray return shelve will not be able to cope. In the end, I'm sure everyone will just leave it anywhere or on the floor, leading to birds scavenging on the leftovers.

Ya lo, the tray return shelve simply cannot cope with the amount returned. Making it even more messy and dirty. They should look into this problem first and ensure it can work before they implement such mandatory ruling.

Twincharged
(edited)

Aiyah all excuses not to clear. You have hands and leg to carry the bowls and plates from the hawker stall, jolly well can return them. 
bottom line instead of saying it won’t work, have you even been doing it all the time before? 

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 3

I foresee that more hawkers will switch to disposable utensils and cutlery for their customers. Eat finish, just tabao and throw.

Plastic waste going up.

Turbocharged
8 hours ago, 13177 said:

The HC I frequent, one with 50 cents tray return and one without a 50 cent tray return, have replaced the old trays with new ones. And they are washed because when I return it to the machine, it gets dumped together with the dirty plates and bowls into a big container for washing. 

No funky smell definitely from the tray. 

• Praise 3

Supersonic

best is to boycott hawker centres, in case you forgot to return your tray,

your meal becomes $2000 one.

42 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

Aiyah all excuses not to clear. You have hands and leg to carry the bowls and plates from the hawker stall, jolly well can return them. 
bottom line instead of saying it won’t work, have you even been doing it all the time before? 

Right on. I only wish the gahmen also targets f... King smokers who throw the cigarette butts and package everywhere - by making them eat the ciggy butts and boxes. 

• Praise 2

Supersonic

the solution to the BIG TRAY PROBLEM is very simple.

remove ALL the chairs and tables from hawker centres.

and chalk up another notch up the UNESCO cultural heritage, or maybe get removed. [laugh]

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic

i return the trays regularly and agree that the tray return stations in the present state will not be able to cope if all diners start to return their crockery.

the capacity is simply not big enough and the trolleys are usually unmanned or at most 1 cleaner clearing the returned trays.

go to tiong bahru food centre and observe  the situation.  the single cleaner at the tray return station could hardly cope with the current volume already with all the tray return ambassadors going around exhorting diners to clear their own trays.

as usual scholars just implement the policy without ensuring operational readiness 

😬

• Praise 1

Twincharged
12 minutes ago, Enye said:

i return the trays regularly and agree that the tray return stations in the present state will not be able to cope if all diners start to return their crockery.

the capacity is simply not big enough and the trolleys are usually unmanned or at most 1 cleaner clearing the returned trays.

go to tiong bahru food centre and observe  the situation.  the single cleaner at the tray return station could hardly cope with the current volume already with all the tray return ambassadors going around exhorting diners to clear their own trays.

as usual scholars just implement the policy without ensuring operational readiness 

😬

I don’t see how it is different or better if the one same cleaner manages the whole area with bowls and plates left on the table. Also cannot cope. 
I’m sure one can stand a wait a bit at the tray return area just as long as you would have queued for your food, for the cleaner to make space on the rack. Worst case just sit at the table till the racks are clear. 

↡ Advertisement