360-degree Surround View Monitoring System

DOBIEMKZ

Turbocharged

Hi friends, 

Some models higher-grade variants have the above-captioned new toy.

But I was told by SE that this only show a graphical illustration of environment only about a couple of metres from car edges to check whether parking is straight or not, open door will bang on wall or other vehicles or not, whether cornering will scrap the carpark ramp wall etc. 

But the cameras of the system cannot act as cctv or surveillance cameras, cannot be used as car dashcam function, and also the 360-degree monitor display cannot display multiple vehicles on blind spots other than the immediate one within a car length in vicinity.

So despite the limitations, is it any good for spend extra 10k to 15k for a higher-grade variant for such feature?

Because the cars already have reverse sensors and reverse camera and blind spot radars.  Spending higher costs over a redundant system with crippled features seems like an overkill.

And I check that after-market systems costs only a few hundreds or a grand; and with better graphical displays.

What your opinions?

↡ Advertisement

I was quoted before S$2000 for a 360 degree 7 or 8 camera when I spotted an S500 having it at Tampines. The car belongs to a workshop boss. End up I went for a 4CH ( left and right ) with 24 battieries a a few portable spy cameras. Cost about $1500

I find that the longer the vehicle the more difficult to park it straight.

So my advise is dont buy such a long vehicle and save yourself some money.

• Haha! 2

On 5/14/2021 at 4:06 PM, Watwheels said:

I find that the longer the vehicle the more difficult to park it straight.

So my advise is dont buy such a long vehicle and save yourself some money.

Size matters

On 5/15/2021 at 5:22 PM, Toeknee_33 said:

Wow yet another thread! 

If there is a prize for the most prolific thread starter in MCF, you will win it hands down!

Sounds like an old nemesis we had here b4

maybe now grown up😂😂

↡ Advertisement