Taiwan New COVID-19 local cases!!!

StreetFight3r

2 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Where can these workers go? Singapore is still the safest destination by far. How they are treated in middle east, Malaysia etc is far far worse. 

Hopefully with them being vaccinated. They can also enjoy new normal freedoms. 

The PRCs find working back home in tier 1-3 cities to be fairly attractive and they have the freedom to move around + nearer to family. 

Some of those who from South Asia may be tired of having their movement restricted and decide to return home. Some South Asian find it very difficult to get used to a regimental routine…they like a more care free, spontaneous work life. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

5 minutes ago, Silver_blade said:

The PRCs find working back home in tier 1-3 cities to be fairly attractive and they have the freedom to move around + nearer to family. 

Some of those who from South Asia may be tired of having their movement restricted and decide to return home. Some South Asian find it very difficult to get used to a regimental routine…they like a more care free, spontaneous work life. 

I'm just commenting on the essential mostly unskilled FW from South Asia. For every one that doesn't want to work here. There's more that's willing. Given the overall weak world economy and all. These people are required. 

The s pass, EP holders of course have their choice to work in other less restrictive conditions. 

Anyway if the vaccination drive continues, things can only get better at the year end. Though border controls on both sides will be an issue to going back home and here. 

• Praise 2

On 5/15/2021 at 1:31 PM, Kopites said:

They are everywhere.😤

"They" are everywhere?

If "they" (meaning the Chinese) hadn't been everywhere to begin with, this wouldn't even have started messing up the world in the first place. 

• Praise 2

(edited)
5 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Number of deaths speak for themself also...

We can talk about numbers all day long. Just which number lor. 

I am saying Singapore has an excellent record on Covid and Taiwan also has a very good record and should not be so heavily criticised.

This is not a one upmanship competition and I am not saying Taiwan has a bigger dick than Singapore.

And in this post I am still not saying Taiwan has a bigger dick.

What I would like to say is people need to see the bigger picture.

As of May 17 Taiwan had 2,017 cases with 12 deaths.

But as we have seen recently its cases has gone up a lot.

Again this is not a post competing between Singapore and Taiwan but when talking about numbers you need a baseline comparison and I use Singapore as we are familiar with it and it is one of the best performing countries in the world.

Since you brought death up let's talk about it but not as one is better than the other but the reason for the figures.

Singapore has about 30+ deaths and Taiwan has about 300+. 

What is the reason behind the number?

I remember Italy had a very high death rate and the reason is Italy has a lot of older people.

I understand this is also the case with Taiwan. The other reason is people especially the older people with pre-existing chronic diseases.

About 89% of patients who had died of the virus in Taiwan were aged over 60 with an average age of 72.

A bit difficult for the Taiwan government to do anything about having an older population and a bit difficult to do anything about having people with pre-existing chronic diseases.

Again my original post and this post in no way is a criticism of Singapore or Taiwan but just to give a backgound as to how well both countries are doing and to understand the reason for the numbers.

I say again both countries are doing extremely well and I cannot understand the harsh criticism against the Taiwan authorities.

Of course I understand the post that say China should take over Taiwan and they will solve the problem blah blah blah as that poster would say that wouldn't they.

The same China that denied the problem in the first place until it was so big they couldn't deny it any longer and let their nationals with the virus go around the world and spread it to the rest of the world. That China.

:D

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 2

20 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

"They" are everywhere?

If "they" (meaning the Chinese) hadn't been everywhere to begin with, this wouldn't even have started messing up the world in the first place. 

I did my post above and then saw your excellent post.

I really couldn't agree more.

My post was in response to the joker that said China should take over Taiwan and they would do a better job of handling Covid blah blah blah ad nauseam.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

The beauty of being a lesbian is I don't have a dick to swing and never have the problem of too much testosterone.

• Haha! 2

Hypersonic
(edited)
57 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

I am saying Singapore has an excellent record on Covid and Taiwan also has a very good record and should not be so heavily criticised.

This is not a one upmanship competition and I am not saying Taiwan has a bigger dick than Singapore.

Again this is not a post competing between Singapore and Taiwan but when talking about numbers you need a baseline comparison and I use Singapore as we are familiar with it and it is one of the best performing countries in the world.

Since you brought death up let's talk about it but not as one is better than the other but the reason for the figures.

I remember Italy had a very high death rate and the reason is Italy has a lot of older people.

I understand this is also the case with Taiwan. The other reason is people especially the older people with pre-existing chronic diseases.

About 89% of patients who had died of the virus in Taiwan were aged over 60 with an average age of 72.

A bit difficult for the Taiwan government to do anything about having an older population and a bit difficult to do anything about having people with pre-existing chronic diseases.

Again my original post and this post in no way is a criticism of Singapore or Taiwan but just to give a backgound as to how well both countries are doing and to understand the reason for the numbers.

I say again both countries are doing extremely well and I cannot understand the harsh criticism against the Taiwan authorities.

Of course I understand the post that say China should take over Taiwan and they will solve the problem blah blah blah as that poster would say that wouldn't they.

The same China that denied the problem in the first place until it was so big they couldn't deny it any longer and let their nationals with the virus go around the world and spread it to the rest of the world. That China.

The scary part for TW death case is many are not pass on in the hospital.

Many death at home and  only test positive after their death. That's mean they are not even being detected and given a chance to survive through proper medical treatment. 

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 2

11 minutes ago, Tohto said:

The scary part for TW death case is many are not pass on in the hospital.

Many death at home and  only test positive after their death. That's mean they are not even being detected and given a chance to survive through proper medical treatment. 

Taiwan claimed to have one of the best medical care and system in Asia, with no preparation, no equipment, no medicine and no vaccine ONE YEAR after most of the country in the world has experience their worst. They dun mind old people dying just like the western countries.

• Praise 1
  • Angry 1

12 hours ago, Lala81 said:

I'm just commenting on the essential mostly unskilled FW from South Asia. For every one that doesn't want to work here. There's more that's willing. Given the overall weak world economy and all. These people are required. 

The s pass, EP holders of course have their choice to work in other less restrictive conditions. 

Anyway if the vaccination drive continues, things can only get better at the year end. Though border controls on both sides will be an issue to going back home and here. 

I was referring to construction workers...which I have some dealings with. 

I do hope more people will be vaccinated, continue to have better personal hygiene and social distancing (I don't like people stand too close to me 😀)....hopefully we can live with the virus better and able to travel again. 

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
28 minutes ago, Silver_blade said:

I was referring to construction workers...which I have some dealings with. 

I do hope more people will be vaccinated, continue to have better personal hygiene and social distancing (I don't like people stand too close to me 😀)....hopefully we can live with the virus better and able to travel again. 

Honestly, BCA and the construction industry should review the current arrangement. More does not mean quality. Cheap labour does not equate to cheaper construction. 

• Praise 2

(edited)
12 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Your argument is flawed.

I agree that we shouldn't be dissing the Taiwanese or bigging ourselves up. What we should be looking at is why the numbers are such. Anecdotal reports are that a substantial percentage of people are dying OUTSIDE hospitals. If they go into hospital, die despite being on ventilation or in high dependency, definitely not faulting the Taiwanese health system. They have good doctors and a good public health system in general.

Lets leave china/taiwan politics aside.

Let's just look at age of population as an issue as being a reason for the high mortality reported in TW vis a vis the number of cases. 
It's definite that elderly will have outsized number of deaths compared to rest of infected population. 

TW population as age 65 and above. 12.75%
https://www.statista.com/statistics/321439/taiwan-population-distribution-by-age-group/

Comparing to HK who's nearby, 12.33%
https://www.statista.com/statistics/604594/age-distribution-in-hong-kong/

Malaysia who's having a difficult epidemic to control. 6.9%.
https://www.indexmundi.com/malaysia/demographics_profile.html

Your comparison of Italy. 23.2% (really high!)
https://www.statista.com/statistics/569201/population-distribution-by-age-group-in-italy/#:~:text=In 2020%2C 23.1 percent of,South Tyrol%2C with 15 percent.

Ourselves? Well we are 14.9% (+- 0.x%)  based on the rough math i did counting without the percentages given.
https://www.statista.com/statistics/624913/singapore-population-by-age-group/

Hongkong is a good comparison, no foreign worker outbreak to vastly skew the demographics of infected population like SG

11,872 cases total, 210 deaths.

Taiwan. 11,968 cases, 333 deaths

Both places have a badly lagging vaccination rate. HK is low, but TW one is non existent.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 5

Hypersonic
5 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

Honestly, BCA and the construction industry should review the current arrangement. More does not mean quality. Cheap labour does not equate to cheaper construction. 

Many times I am seeing a few workers surrounding one person in the center that is actually doing the work. The rest only using eye power.

• Praise 2

Hypersonic
8 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Your argument is flawed.

I agree that we shouldn't be dissing the Taiwanese or bigging ourselves up. What we should be looking at is why the numbers are such. Anecdotal reports are that a substantial percentage of people are dying OUTSIDE hospitals. If they go into hospital, die despite being on ventilation or in high dependency, definitely not faulting the Taiwanese health system. They have good doctors and a good public health system in general.

Lets leave china/taiwan politics aside.

Let's just look at age of population as an issue as being a reason for the high mortality reported in TW vis a vis the number of cases. 
It's definite that elderly will have outsized number of deaths compared to rest of infected population. 

TW population as age 65 and above. 12.75%
https://www.statista.com/statistics/321439/taiwan-population-distribution-by-age-group/

Comparing to HK who's nearby, 12.33%
https://www.statista.com/statistics/604594/age-distribution-in-hong-kong/

Malaysia who's having a difficult epidemic to control. 6.9%.
https://www.indexmundi.com/malaysia/demographics_profile.html

Your comparison of Italy. 23.2% (really high!)
https://www.statista.com/statistics/569201/population-distribution-by-age-group-in-italy/#:~:text=In 2020%2C 23.1 percent of,South Tyrol%2C with 15 percent.

Ourselves? Well we are 14.9% (+- 0.x%)  based on the rough math i did counting without the percentages given.
https://www.statista.com/statistics/624913/singapore-population-by-age-group/

Hongkong is a good comparison, no foreign worker outbreak to vastly skew the demographics of infected population like SG

11,872 cases total, 210 deaths.

Taiwan. 11,968 cases, 333 deaths

Both places have a badly lagging vaccination rate. HK is low, but TW one is non existent.

Sometimes we really have to learn to fully ignore his post or added him to the ignored list.

At times just too many un-related or nonsense posts from him.

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
3 minutes ago, Tohto said:

Many times I am seeing a few workers surrounding one person in the center that is actually doing the work. The rest only using eye power.

This was once upon a time PUB and PWD standard but overtaken by FW. Back then, once a private contractor took over, the number of bystanders reduced. Today, the number remains the same because that is the standard. haha

• Haha! 2

Just now, Tohto said:

Sometimes we really have to learn to fully ignore his post or added him to the ignored list.

At times just too many un-related or nonsense posts from him.

Obviously we have some people here who lean towards pro-china, or pro-taiwan and rest of the democratic western world.
Or pro-singapore or whatever tribalism is your cuppa of tea.

Communist china methods won't work on the rest of the world, cos they infringe on human rights expectations of the population. Mass enforced swabbing and fast and immediate lockdowns is their strength. And that is their advantage of a communist society (of course it comes with the cons as well).

Similarly a democratic taiwan has lots of discourse from their politicians on what's right/wrong and every shade in between. It's messy but hopefully the numbers will start trending down soon. Given our minor outbreak took about 3 weeks for the numbers to trend down. 

• Praise 3

Hypersonic
3 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Obviously we have some people here who lean towards pro-china, or pro-taiwan and rest of the democratic western world.
Or pro-singapore or whatever tribalism is your cuppa of tea.

Communist china methods won't work on the rest of the world, cos they infringe on human rights expectations of the population. Mass enforced swabbing and fast and immediate lockdowns is their strength. And that is their advantage of a communist society (of course it comes with the cons as well).

Similarly a democratic taiwan has lots of discourse from their politicians on what's right/wrong and every shade in between. It's messy but hopefully the numbers will start trending down soon. Given our minor outbreak took about 3 weeks for the numbers to trend down. 

The fact for TW situation now is they only have very limited swab test being done. So how accurate even if the numbers going down. 

2 minutes ago, Tohto said:

The fact for TW situation now is they only have very limited swab test being done. So how accurate even if the numbers going down. 

They will pay the price for it later lor. It's almost for sure that Covid-19 will become endemic in TW just like many other places (only notable exceptions are NZ/Aussie/HK).

Even with a small city state, tight govt control, TT, contact tracing, centralised reporting system for all results/ARI visits etc, we still have unlinked cases (though very low now).

19 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

This was once upon a time PUB and PWD standard but overtaken by FW. Back then, once a private contractor took over, the number of bystanders reduced. Today, the number remains the same because that is the standard. haha

When we in SAF, also got lot of eyepower mah 🤣

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2