Taiwan New COVID-19 local cases!!!

StreetFight3r

Hypersonic
1 minute ago, Lala81 said:

When we in SAF, also got lot of eyepower mah 🤣

This one GOLD standard, no other place can beat it.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged
33 minutes ago, Tohto said:

This one GOLD standard, no other place can beat it.

In the early 70s, we say if not this way is not SAF, not sure by the time reach your era is still the same. 

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

Your argument is flawed.

I agree that we shouldn't be dissing the Taiwanese or bigging ourselves up. What we should be looking at is why the numbers are such. Anecdotal reports are that a substantial percentage of people are dying OUTSIDE hospitals. If they go into hospital, die despite being on ventilation or in high dependency, definitely not faulting the Taiwanese health system. They have good doctors and a good public health system in general.

Lets leave china/taiwan politics aside.

Let's just look at age of population as an issue as being a reason for the high mortality reported in TW vis a vis the number of cases. 
It's definite that elderly will have outsized number of deaths compared to rest of infected population. 

TW population as age 65 and above. 12.75%
https://www.statista.com/statistics/321439/taiwan-population-distribution-by-age-group/

Comparing to HK who's nearby, 12.33%
https://www.statista.com/statistics/604594/age-distribution-in-hong-kong/

Malaysia who's having a difficult epidemic to control. 6.9%.
https://www.indexmundi.com/malaysia/demographics_profile.html

Your comparison of Italy. 23.2% (really high!)
https://www.statista.com/statistics/569201/population-distribution-by-age-group-in-italy/#:~:text=In 2020%2C 23.1 percent of,South Tyrol%2C with 15 percent.

Ourselves? Well we are 14.9% (+- 0.x%)  based on the rough math i did counting without the percentages given.
https://www.statista.com/statistics/624913/singapore-population-by-age-group/

Hongkong is a good comparison, no foreign worker outbreak to vastly skew the demographics of infected population like SG

11,872 cases total, 210 deaths.

Taiwan. 11,968 cases, 333 deaths

Both places have a badly lagging vaccination rate. HK is low, but TW one is non existent.

Great post.

Can you share with us your views on why Taiwan is so slow in vaccination?

They don't know about vaccination?

Or they don't want to do it?

Or they just complacent or incompetent?

:D

(edited)
20 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Great post.

Already discussed to death earlier in the thread.

It was always harder for them to get the vaccine given their status. PRC one step ahead lor. Bet correctly on BioNTech. 
America hoard everything for itself.  

Both sides don't want to get along, their own family dispute... I don't really care as long as when this is all over i can still go taiwan for holiday... [laugh]

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

Turbocharged
39 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Great post.

Politics come before live by the people in control. If they don't obey their master, they are gone. 46% is still happy. Simple and straightforward. 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Tohto said:

Many times I am seeing a few workers surrounding one person in the center that is actually doing the work. The rest only using eye power.

cannot blame them, if u got fw before u will know,

they are paid a min wages, if they are given a task, they will perform that task only. 

often we saw them surrounding a hole, most cases the cable is struck down there, some guys are down there troubleshoot, those guy on top that operate the machine to release the cable etc etc, will get nothing to do expect to wait and use eye power.

u are not going to expect them to be siao on and do stuff outside their job scope. 

• Praise 3

2 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Your argument is flawed.

I agree that we shouldn't be dissing the Taiwanese or bigging ourselves up. What we should be looking at is why the numbers are such. Anecdotal reports are that a substantial percentage of people are dying OUTSIDE hospitals. If they go into hospital, die despite being on ventilation or in high dependency, definitely not faulting the Taiwanese health system. They have good doctors and a good public health system in general.

Lets leave china/taiwan politics aside.

Let's just look at age of population as an issue as being a reason for the high mortality reported in TW vis a vis the number of cases. 
It's definite that elderly will have outsized number of deaths compared to rest of infected population. 

TW population as age 65 and above. 12.75%
https://www.statista.com/statistics/321439/taiwan-population-distribution-by-age-group/

Comparing to HK who's nearby, 12.33%
https://www.statista.com/statistics/604594/age-distribution-in-hong-kong/

Malaysia who's having a difficult epidemic to control. 6.9%.
https://www.indexmundi.com/malaysia/demographics_profile.html

Your comparison of Italy. 23.2% (really high!)
https://www.statista.com/statistics/569201/population-distribution-by-age-group-in-italy/#:~:text=In 2020%2C 23.1 percent of,South Tyrol%2C with 15 percent.

Ourselves? Well we are 14.9% (+- 0.x%)  based on the rough math i did counting without the percentages given.
https://www.statista.com/statistics/624913/singapore-population-by-age-group/

Hongkong is a good comparison, no foreign worker outbreak to vastly skew the demographics of infected population like SG

11,872 cases total, 210 deaths.

Taiwan. 11,968 cases, 333 deaths

Both places have a badly lagging vaccination rate. HK is low, but TW one is non existent.

The fact we don’t have so many eld erly living communally in nursing homes helps.  Our culture is still live at home until die.  And the elderlies here exercise by collecting cardboards so more fit... 

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Tohto said:

Many times I am seeing a few workers surrounding one person in the center that is actually doing the work. The rest only using eye power.

Some of the thing you see if a safety protocol we adopted from western world if the developer is from the west or NZ/Aus. Like in the UK, we need 3 person to replace a light bulb or 4 if you are in crowded places. 2 to hold on to the ladder, 1 to replace the bulb and 1 to direct human traffic away from the ladder. 😅

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

(edited)
57 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

It was always harder for them to get the vaccine given their status. PRC one step ahead lor. Bet correctly on BioNTech. 

Both sides don't want to get along, their own family dispute... I don't really care as long as when this is all over i can still go taiwan for holiday... [laugh]

TW gov said they were 'early' in their negotiation (not place order) for BNT vaccine....around Oct 2020. While Singapore and PRC BNT distributor place bets in march/april 2020. Even if they had concluded their order in Oct 2020, they will still at the back of those who ordered earlier than them .....or those who pull race-string + paying way above the asking price eg. Israel, etc

Even tho their gov did not plan ahead, which is in plain view for all to see,  some of their opposition's argument that getting (more like ordering is easy but getting the stock is difficult) vaccine from the market can be done easily is also ridiculous. 

Of course TW's status often put them in an awkward position and often have to pay more for less, for items that are 'sensitive'. They had a slightly easier time when KMT was in power.  

Edited by Silver_blade
  • Praise 2

Hypersonic
8 minutes ago, Silver_blade said:

Some of the thing you see if a safety protocol we adopted from western world if the developer is from the west or NZ/Aus. Like in the UK, we need 3 person to replace a light bulb or 4 if you are in crowded places. 2 to hold on to the ladder, 1 to replace the bulb and 1 to direct human traffic away from the ladder. 😅

Your example provide I do agreed, addition person holding the ladder is a must for all working on height.

What I mention is really others are not doing the work, just eye power.

I really hope TW will get over this sooner rather than later. I have quite a few Taiwanese friends and my family had some dealings with their 'National Father' and gang during the late 19th century and early 20th century. 

• Praise 4

(edited)
53 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Great reply.

Its very clear Taiwan is heavily constrained by their geopolitical situation.

So it is impossible to discuss their medical situation without bringing politics into it.

But when people know the political constrains then I think the harsh and somewhat unwarranted criticism will be  tempered with a better understanding.

I always appreciate other people sharing their points of views. Then they make the point for me and they never disagree with themselves and find flaws in their own argument.

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 1

(edited)
25 minutes ago, Chongster said:

The fact we don’t have so many eld erly living communally in nursing homes helps.  Our culture is still live at home until die.  And the elderlies here exercise by collecting cardboards so more fit... 

All that fresh air and exercise and not cooped up in an aged care home where everything is done for them.

Edited by Jamesc
  • Haha! 1

(edited)

Given what i watch on taiwan television Taiwan 1001 food stalls programme, i think their blue collar elderly work very hard working lives.

Maybe it's the civil servants with pensions that have a better retirement?

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

36 minutes ago, Chongster said:

.....And the elderlies here exercise by collecting cardboards so more fit... 

At my old estate, I have neighbours who collect scrap metals and cardboard but made the maids queue to sell it while the old folks sit around to chat 😂

4 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Given what i watch on taiwan television Taiwan 1001 food stalls programme, i think their blue collar elderly work very hard working lives.

i like this show also, their local market really sell  many ready to eat cook food. and because most stall are owner operating it, they really take pride in their food. 

• Praise 1

today 286 case and 24 death.

many death were sudden and discovered after they pass away. The govt is pushing to launch their own vaccine with yet to be approved. If we see them from our standard, they are as good as average, but for them to compare to India and western countries (mostly democratic ones) they think they are like A student [laugh]

• Praise 3
  • Sad 2

Hypersonic
7 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

This food show is good. Many are still 1st generation elderly owners.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1