travel photos to mark 2021

Wind30

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, teomingern said:

Oh yeah... that's very good then... how cheap is cheap?

Forgot… but it is affordable.like everything else in Eastern Europe. But I suspect the prices go up quickly as the country modernise 

↡ Advertisement

4 hours ago, Spidey10 said:

I have done north, is a nice place....from Edinburgh Aberdeen, Inverness and further out to Portree and Sky....beautiful!

My 2019 summer trip from Eastern Europe drive to Italy...beautiful road

IMG_8854[1].PNG

Wah... challenging windy roads... love it... especially on a nice hatchback... give me a Ford Focus or Mondeo or a VW Golf...

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Wind30 said:

Forgot… but it is affordable.like everything else in Eastern Europe. But I suspect the prices go up quickly as the country modernise 

I assume so lar... everyone also want better wages mah...

4 hours ago, Spidey10 said:

Germany…been to Cologne, Dusseldorf only...wanted to go Berlin to visit the berlin wall, but didn't managed to....haiiii….so many bucket list to check!!

I've been only to Berlin (whistle-stop tour) to see the Berlin Wall, then Dresden, and separately to Bremen. I love Bremen... it's small historic and totally so European... the stuff you see in postcards and travel shows... remember the fairy tale - The Musicians of Bremen... I tell you, they milk it for all it's worth but with really tasteful souvenirs... I would have bought them all if my wallet allowed it... don't know why Singapore souvenirs really very low quality and standard and run-of-the-mill... they really got creativity...

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, Tohto said:

May will be a good month as the spring flowers are blooming everywhere. 

Sorry... I only get to go in June... you know what my job is lor... sigh...

• Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Spidey10 said:

i don't know but i find London too congested...big city and a lots of pple there....been there a few times for work and vacation ...after a while....nothing much to do, Hyde Park, museum, the Palace..done all that in London...[laugh]

Hyde Park, near to Princess Diana Memorial Center..

IMG_1696[1].JPG

Oh I love the energy of the place... the nostalgia, the history, the period buildings... the old crummy subways with names that evoke memories of my childhood storybooks... and I like to stay at the Bayswater area... just walking down that tree-lined avenue makes my heart beat faster... I went there years ago with my parents, first time overseas on a plane at 25 years old... then I brought my wife almost 2 decades later... still got the same vibes... in between took a work trip there to Cambridge but had chance to tour London a bit... same sensation... it's the one place that calls me back again and again... the whole UK lar... hahaha.... pity it's so far away... not like Oz...

• Praise 2

6 minutes ago, teomingern said:

Oh I love the energy of the place... the nostalgia, the history, the period buildings... the old crummy subways with names that evoke memories of my childhood storybooks... and I like to stay at the Bayswater area... just walking down that tree-lined avenue makes my heart beat faster... I went there years ago with my parents, first time overseas on a plane at 25 years old... then I brought my wife almost 2 decades later... still got the same vibes... in between took a work trip there to Cambridge but had chance to tour London a bit... same sensation... it's the one place that calls me back again and again... the whole UK lar... hahaha.... pity it's so far away... not like Oz...

I really enjoyed london and the broader UK too, oxford, scotland etc, really one of my best holidays

• Praise 2

31 minutes ago, SiLangKia said:

I really enjoyed london and the broader UK too, oxford, scotland etc, really one of my best holidays

Oh yes... Oxford is so so historic... more so than Cambridge... love both...

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Wonder where should I go when COVID ends… 

maybe Japan… 

my kids want to go Orlando Disneyland though…

Nice photos from everyone....

For me, definitely missing the year-end school holiday family getaways - festivities of Christmas markets to just having a simple bowl of boat noodles with extra pork skin 🙁

EFDEC2DA-DB82-4AB1-B8A3-8405D70138C5_1_105_c.jpeg

B2F0D0C4-784A-4617-9CE5-82E308665789_1_105_c.jpeg

8D6329C4-FF5A-4D59-8988-E85666621180_1_105_c.jpeg

9E2E5095-EE3A-4E63-B0B3-413BC708BF15_1_105_c.jpeg

• Praise 6

18 hours ago, Wolfverine said:

Nice photos from everyone....

For me, definitely missing the year-end school holiday family getaways - festivities of Christmas markets to just having a simple bowl of boat noodles with extra pork skin 🙁

EFDEC2DA-DB82-4AB1-B8A3-8405D70138C5_1_105_c.jpeg

B2F0D0C4-784A-4617-9CE5-82E308665789_1_105_c.jpeg

8D6329C4-FF5A-4D59-8988-E85666621180_1_105_c.jpeg

9E2E5095-EE3A-4E63-B0B3-413BC708BF15_1_105_c.jpeg

Nice... Where is this?

(edited)
On 5/22/2021 at 10:06 AM, Wind30 said:

Wonder where should I go when COVID ends… 

maybe Japan… 

my kids want to go Orlando Disneyland though…

Wahhh... Orlando Disneyland... So far and so expensive... Heh heh... For me amusement park only suitable if you dare to take the rides and don't mind crowds and queues, both a super big no no for me...

Edited by teomingern

On 5/21/2021 at 7:29 PM, Spidey10 said:

i don't know but i find London too congested...big city and a lots of pple there....been there a few times for work and vacation ...after a while....nothing much to do, Hyde Park, museum, the Palace..done all that in London...[laugh]

Hyde Park, near to Princess Diana Memorial Center..

IMG_1696[1].JPG

The playground at Princess Diana Memorial is pretty good for young kids. My children love it when they were younger. They still like to go there for old time sake  whenever we are in London. 😅😅 

London is a pretty interesting city if you are city type of person like me. There are always new events and cannot really catch up with it. But air quality is really bad and security at some area can be bad. 

• Praise 2