Miss Singapore 2021 sending the right message out to the world

Atonchia

(edited)

185629555_174936834426214_5409808156637755386_n_2021_05_14_10_34_09.thumb.jpg.5420b5fb1dfcb4382bcf37f9cdb6fe4c.jpg

Miss-Universe-Singapore-2020-Bernadette-Belle-Ong.jpg.7e9823de2669dbd63367439c02c3ba90.jpg

bernadette-belle-ong-1619867306.thumb.jpg.bc61e2c85eda76d17c83eb27f7ee11ed.jpg

miss-universe-singapore-514x600.jpg.c8c70f68a364961505cd7b7a31a7d433.jpg

gd on her to use her platform to send out an impt message to the world rite nw

beautiful,eloquent.. one of the best we had in recent years

b4 anyone say she is not singaporean juz becos she wasnt born here...

she is chinese by descent, born in Philippines, moved here at the age of 10 n identifies herself as singaporean..

tats enuff for me

Who is Bernadette Belle Ong? Miss Universe Singapore Calling Out Asian Hate

Bernadette Belle Ong, a Singaporean model and actor advocated against spreading Asia hate.

She posted a picture of herself wearing a red bikini, high boots, and a long cape with the colours of Singapore’s flag with the words: “Stop Asian Hate”. “What is the platform for if I can’t use it to send a strong message of resistance against prejudice and violence?” was the caption for her photo.

Bernadette Belle Ong brought the Singaporean flag to focus, by calling out hate crimes. “It symbolises unity for all and social harmony in a multi-racial, multi-cultural and inter-religious country,” she said in her Instagram account. “I wear my country proud and strong! Majulah Singapura!!!”

Here’s what we know about Bernadette Belle Ong:

Bernadette Belle Ong is a Singaporean model, actor.

She was born to Chinese parents and was raised in the Philippines.

Her family then shifted to Singapore, when she was 10 years old. She later studied in Australia.

In 2019, she competed in the Miss Universe Singapore. She then won the Miss Charm Singapore 2019 title.

Bernadette Belle Ong then represented Singapore in the Miss Charm International 2019 pageant.

She was one of the models selected to compete for the Miss Universe 2020 pageant. However, the event was delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. It will now be held on 16 May 2021.
In an interview, Ong revealed that she had started pageantry when she was in university. She ended up winning a competition in 2014 and went back to working in events, production, etc.
Besides Ong, various other Miss Universe candidates have upped the ante for the national costume competition. Myanmar’s candidate Thuzar Wint Lwin had raised a “Pray for Myanmar” banner at the end of her walk.

She highlighted the turmoil going on in the country after the military ousted the Aung San Suu Kyi government.

Edited by StreetFight3r
  • Praise 3

Hypersonic
(edited)

i think MCF standard policy towards chioh bu is that all nationalities/ethnicities  are welcome to SG [laugh]

Those boots are crazy.

Edited by Lala81
  • Haha! 5

23 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

i think MCF standard policy towards chioh bu is that all nationalities/ethnicities  are welcome to SG [laugh]

Those boots are crazy.

u watch the youtube beedeooo

i dun mind watch her talkin all day

At least her message is very simple, direct and targeted. 

Not the World Peace cliché 

Supersonic
16 hours ago, Nolicense said:

funny... i think i hear the MC say "stop asian hate in singapore"???

True oso bah. U see on Stomp n read the comments. We freakin hate one another.....

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
2 hours ago, StreetFight3r said:

u watch the youtube beedeooo

i dun mind watch her talkin all day

As long as no 'Boomz' can liao

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
12 hours ago, Blueray said:

is bky ... :a-no:

Yes, this kind of looks perhaps is more towards SPG type that ang moh like. Not my cup of tea too. But suitable for international competition with ang moh tastebuds judges.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Although she isnt quite Singapore Singaporean, i think she is one of the best MSU contestants.  Very clean and stylish looks, head to toe.

i will cast her in my next movie.

• Haha! 2

1 minute ago, Throttle2 said:

Although she isnt quite Singapore Singaporean, i think she is one of the best MSU contestants.  Very clean and stylish looks, head to toe.

i will cast her in my next movie.

Action love movie?

• Haha! 1

(edited)
22 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Those boots are crazy.

Ya lor, MCF standards very flexible one.

That said,  from her looks, background, speech, she is definitely not Singaporean.

Looks - extremely good facial features and structure

Background - just physically in SG

Speech - sounds Filipino for sure, but not heavy. 

More international than Singaporean, to me.

Edited by Throttle2
↡ Advertisement