❤️Pre-CB 2.0 What Did You Makan Today?❤️

Discoburg

Turbocharged

Wan ton mee for my wife. 628 amk hc. This stall in the middle row has been around for at least 30 years. The char siew and dumping is normal but the noodles is pretty good which is wired. Don’t know how the noodles can taste better than others…

83E8E4BC-2F68-4AFC-AE67-9F8FD04CD5E2.jpeg

• Praise 16

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Wind30 said:

Wan ton mee for my wife. 628 amk hc. This stall in the middle row has been around for at least 30 years. The char siew and dumping is normal but the noodles is pretty good which is wired. Don’t know how the noodles can taste better than others…

i disagree. the dumplings are small and solid. the char siew is lean and yet tender. the chilli is nice

overall it is one of the better wanton mee in sg

• Praise 1

Supersonic
2 hours ago, PSP415 said:

Peasant's breakfast 😋😋😋😋

20210525_102854_resize_6.thumb.jpg.b1c96d18ae8f36350a4c39a96bdc55e7.jpg

Stay safe all 

Cheers 

3 eggs also? 😂 Got bread but no show your kaya and butter le? Lol.

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Wind30 said:

Seems like lean char siew? Middle row? Near to which stall ah? Maybe next time i go try.

Supersonic
2 hours ago, TangoCharlie said:

I do enjoy street food but i draw the line at critters/creepy crawlies even when they are deep fried. must be psychological barrier.

Critters/creepy crawlies are exotic food, not everyone can appreciate de?! Lol.

• Haha! 3

Hypersonic
(edited)
1 hour ago, Wind30 said:

This is the one opposite the roast meat stall? 

I think it's OK. Maybe 6/10. To me, usually not worth the slowish moving queue. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged
23 minutes ago, Nolicense said:

i disagree. the dumplings are small and solid. the char siew is lean and yet tender. the chilli is nice

overall it is one of the better wanton mee in sg

I love the wanton mee and I feel it is probably the best one I eat regularly. But I always thought the noodles (including the seasoning, chilli) is by far the best part about it.

The other wanton mee I like is in Tiong Bahru market but mainly because of its char siew which is like amazing.  

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)
5 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Seems like lean char siew? Middle row? Near to which stall ah? Maybe next time i go try.

yup, middle row near the bus stop, opposite the Roast meat stall with the super long queue. The cook is a middle age guy, and person collecting money is an old auntie. 

My wife who grew up there says she eat it since young. I eat there since I know my wife which is like 20 years ago? so definately long history, same cook, same taste. 

Edited by Wind30
  • Praise 4

Supersonic
5 minutes ago, 13177 said:

3 eggs also? 😂 Got bread but no show your kaya and butter le? Lol.

Yup, 3 eggs. Got mood to take plain bread. Butter in fridge. Dun like kaya. Even if taking this outside will either have butter sugar or butter only toast. Most times find kaya very coyingly sweet. 

Stay safe 

Cheers 

• Praise 4

Turbocharged
8 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

This is the one opposite the roast meat stall? 

I think it's OK. Maybe 6/10. To me, usually not worth the slowish moving queue. 

yup, I kind of agree as to me, the dumpling and charsiew is "normal". The queue can be quite slow as it is wonton mee, need to cook one at a time. 

It is a bit like my whampao market curry rice... the taste is nostalgic. 

• Praise 2

Hypersonic
5 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

yup, I kind of agree as to me, the dumpling and charsiew is "normal". The queue can be quite slow as it is wonton mee, need to cook one at a time. 

It is a bit like my whampao market curry rice... the taste is nostalgic. 

Yeah that place is not that slow compared to Mayflower market 453 wanton mee. That one is really slow!

Soi19 wanton mee more to my taste. But I like a a stronger taste profile type of wanton mee which is usually quite light tasting. 

• Praise 4

Turbocharged
(edited)
26 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

I love the wanton mee and I feel it is probably the best one I eat regularly. But I always thought the noodles (including the seasoning, chilli) is by far the best part about it.

The other wanton mee I like is in Tiong Bahru market but mainly because of its char siew which is like amazing.  

if only can mix and match wanton mee

i remember last time chomp x2 got wanton mee with green noodle.. not sure if still there.

used to taste pretty good. but standard not so good later. not sure if it is still operating

Edited by Nolicense
  • Praise 2

18 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Yeah that place is not that slow compared to Mayflower market 453 wanton mee. That one is really slow!

Soi19 wanton mee more to my taste. But I like a a stronger taste profile type of wanton mee which is usually quite light tasting. 

If you referring to 453 market than should be Chong Boon Market. 

Mayflower Market is 162.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2