❤️Pre-CB 2.0 What Did You Makan Today?❤️

Discoburg

14 hours ago, Lala81 said:

OK 好友记 char siew and 烧肉。 Char siew is good vs 新一代 I think is just individual preference. I think it's a tie.

烧肉 I prefer 新一代 a bit more. 

But not cheap at $42/kg for these two items. The roast duck looked good but didn't try. 

Eng ho hokkien mee. Very disappointing granted this is dabao version and I ate it two hours later. The beehoon is mushy, there's no wok hei, the 料 is very little, it's totally dry. The chill given very little. 

If I'm kind I would say u can't dabao this stall, only can eat on the spot. It smelt nice in the car but taste wise is quite jialat. The use of 油纸 to dabao is once again indicative that its going to be a lousy dabao. Taken off my Google maps. 

20210610_182111_compress66.jpg

Ya, the char siew and siu york not cheap there by coffee shop standard. 

I cannot comment on the hokkien noodle, usually i either eat there or even pack back will be consume within 1 hour while it is still at least warm.

At least now you know it is not the type you like [:p]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

(edited)
22 minutes ago, RH1667 said:

Ya, the char siew and siu york not cheap there by coffee shop standard. 

I cannot comment on the hokkien noodle, usually i either eat there or even pack back will be consume within 1 hour while it is still at least warm.

At least now you know it is not the type you like [:p]

Yes i think its same price as xin yi dai. But pork is expensive now.

After CB end, i will try and eat on the spot and give my final verdict.

Anything else good in the market? I marked down stall no.15. but not sure what stall is that (cos i mixed up and thought it was stall 55, kept looking for it but it doesnt exist). 

Pok Pok Thai wasn't open. only opens after 5pm.

Edited by Lala81
  • Haha! 1

9 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Anything else good in the market? 

For 409 Market.

If you like Fish soup 🍲

韩江鱼汤 is good.

Their soup is clear type, no milk and MSG.

But usually long queue expected. 

• Praise 8

23 minutes ago, Twister said:

For 409 Market.

If you like Fish soup 🍲

韩江鱼汤 is good.

Their soup is clear type, no milk and MSG.

But usually long queue expected. 

thanks, the fish soup stall is probably the one i marked down. Looks really old school. Will try.

Probably from sethlui website. But there's no google map location so i just put a marker.

7 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

thanks, the fish soup stall is probably the one i marked down. Looks really old school. Will try.

Probably from sethlui website. But there's no google map location so i just put a marker.

There is,

Just Google for "han jiang fish soup".

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
31 minutes ago, Twister said:

There is,

wah...this one must be prepared to queue around 30 mins

went a few times but now stopped going there liao because of the queue

😅

• Praise 1

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

haha i buy stuff once a week at most. That's why i like white dragonfruit. Keeps long.

Apples can keep long also. Fruits that cannot keep long i dont buy cause wait cannot eat fast, the fruits would be too ripe or even spoilt.

(edited)
5 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Apples can keep long also. Fruits that cannot keep long i dont buy cause wait cannot eat fast, the fruits would be too ripe or even spoilt.

yes apples are for the kids. always inside my fridge.

I like carrots as well, hard to spoil.Though NTUC ones always last longer than the ones from wet market for some reason (before it becomes dry or nuah). Pumpkin also lasts very well. Raddish not so, though still usable after few days. Nai Bai or Kai Lan also still can. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 2

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Discoburg said:

Thanks for your info. I eat my fruits the very day it’s bought.

You can finish all the fruits you bought the very day? You buy the portion just enough ah? Lets say even you buy 5 pieces of apples, if finish all within the day for 2 persons like a bit too much? Unless you have a big family, then ok la.

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

Yes i think its same price as xin yi dai. But pork is expensive now.

After CB end, i will try and eat on the spot and give my final verdict.

Anything else good in the market? I marked down stall no.15. but not sure what stall is that (cos i mixed up and thought it was stall 55, kept looking for it but it doesnt exist). 

Pok Pok Thai wasn't open. only opens after 5pm.

Fish soup that other bro recommend will be another one if you don't mind the queue .

there is one wanton mee stall, same row as the fish soup , maybe next stall or 2 stall away; but they open only for breakfast, sometimes i went there around 11am plus already closing for the day liao, so very long time no eat since i do not go there in early morning. 

• Praise 4

55 minutes ago, Twister said:

There is,

oh recently then have one. only 3 reviews.

Some of my google map things are marked down few years ago. Yeah its 01-15 as i recorded down.

• Haha! 1

24 minutes ago, 13177 said:

You can finish all the fruits you bought the very day? You buy the portion just enough ah? Lets say even you buy 5 pieces of apples, if finish all within the day for 2 persons like a bit too much? Unless you have a big family, then ok la.

I buy my fruits daily. Why need to buy 5 apples for a family of two?

• Haha! 1

Wanna go old airport Rd to buy kwek chap but heard from others that the place is closed for washing. 

End up eat nonya chang at home. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

8 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

Wanna go old airport Rd to buy kwek chap but heard from others that the place is closed for washing. 

End up eat nonya chang at home. 

Near sims drive market have two stalls. Both also good.

• Praise 1