❤️Pre-CB 2.0 What Did You Makan Today?❤️

Discoburg

Turbocharged

30 40 years from now, your children will tell their friends "do you remember shake shack at jewel? burger so so only right? such an atas place. I had to queue up for an hour to get in."

😁

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 9

Hypersonic
1 hour ago, Ckll said:

Is this the place that sells the lu rou fan better than even some in TW itself ? 

image.png.ccfcaa8a4d3c4056e5f8052478fa04c2.png

Yes. I love their lu rou fang. They put a lot more meat than tw one.

To be good, meat need to be fatty, which @13177 see already will faint 😂😂

I also like their mee sua.  The oyster is not fishy and inside also have nice big intestine. 

• Haha! 8

Supersonic
4 hours ago, Ckll said:

I've never had satay bee hoon in my life (yet!) 😁

Even i ate satay bee hoon before. 😂

• Haha! 9

7 hours ago, Nolicense said:

wa ponderosa.. i still remember my 1 and only time eat there.. always wanted to go back... but it closed down.... so sad..

it was really that good... better than swensons, better than JP, of cos price wise i dont remember because i just a kid

I dined at Ponderosa (Plaza Singapura and Marina Square branch) on a few occasions and it was indeed value for money, free flow salad, ice cream, and the steak was also quite good.

I was told that some of the staff (including chefs) were trainee or fresh graduate from Shatec, and thus the pretty consistent food quality. Don't know how true was that but I never had any unpleasant experienced. 

6 hours ago, Enye said:

boss… ponderosa also but usually jack’s place restaurants looked more atas from outside lah

even kfc, when it initially set up shop in sg also very atas… got table cloth, metal fork, spoon and knife and proper plates

😅

Yah the layout was not as atas as JP but it always have bee line Q on weekends. 

And yes, I also remember KFC used to serve their fried chicken in proper plate, metal knife, fork and spoon. Those were the days when even eating fried chicken was an atas experience...

Wah, we are like a bunch of old uncle remembering the past in the Kopitiam :D:D

6 hours ago, RH1667 said:

You look much younger than me, but feels like same era [bigcry]

I am not as senior as you for sure, but I started working part time in the mid 80s to earn some pocket money, to lighten the burden of my parents, so have seen alot more than people of my age.

6 hours ago, Lala81 said:

I've been to ponderosa but can't remember much. I remember my dad liked The Ship.

Sizzler was when we were in school.

Ponderosa, Jack's Place, Kenny Roger and a few others for me since in the late 80s to early 2000s. I have not been to Sizzler until 2, 3 years before they close their last outlet at Toa Payoh. 

The Ship is another one I have never try after so many years. One reason was that I used to delivery food items (mostly seasoning) to their outlet at Bukit Timah Shopping Centre and somewhat developed the inferior feeling that they would recognise me if I were to dine there one day. Should try one of these days. 

4 hours ago, Ckll said:

Naughty naughty bears .. their arms all reaching for "that" area one .. 😂

Wah lau, please lah, a simple cute looking bowl and yet attracted so much "attention" :D:D

My daugther said she want to change to another mould for next round. :D

3 hours ago, Kxbc said:

30 40 years from now, your children will tell their friends "do you remember shake shack at jewel? burger so so only right? such an atas place. I had to queue up for an hour to get in."

😁

Yah lor, like I always tell my kids that last time eating at Mac, KFC, A&W, etc. was something special, definitely not a daily affairs. [:)]

• Praise 9
  • Haha! 3

Supersonic
53 minutes ago, SiLangKia said:

EAT ALR GOT LAO SAIIIII??????

Donkey years ago my stomach stronger a bit, so no LS lo. But now cannot eat such food liao. Lol.

• Haha! 4

Turbocharged
30 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

I dined at Ponderosa (Plaza Singapura and Marina Square branch) on a few occasions and it was indeed value for money, free flow salad, ice cream, and the steak was also quite good.

I was told that some of the staff (including chefs) were trainee or fresh graduate from Shatec, and thus the pretty consistent food quality. Don't know how true was that but I never had any unpleasant experienced. 

ya free flow ice cream.. beat swensons... but silly me.. we were at the end of the meal about to leave and i only had 1 scoop of ice cream.. and then they tell me it was free flow.. i was like knn now then tell me.. i chiong to the freezer but got dragged out to go home.. 

worst day of my life.. i swore to go back to get my ice cream.. alas... they closed down...

• Haha! 5

Hypersonic
8 hours ago, Nolicense said:

wa ponderosa.. i still remember my 1 and only time eat there.. always wanted to go back... but it closed down.... so sad..

it was really that good... better than swensons, better than JP, of cos price wise i dont remember because i just a kid

Ponderosa at Marina Square eat the most frequent. 

Especially during NS day, weekend book out already go there eat.

Ordereda not too expensive course, with the free flow of salad and some deep fry stuff. 

At that age and book out from camp, can really eat a lot.

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

59 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

No need lah...so long her target audience are not unkers who see things differently one...眼不好使,眼大漏神 😁

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
45 minutes ago, Tohto said:

Ordereda not too expensive course, with the free flow of salad and some deep fry stuff. 

haha.. i know you older than me now!

• Haha! 2

10 hours ago, Tohto said:

I prefer the Ngoh Hiang stall facing the front (Hup Kee), that one is also father pass down to son and it was at the old hawker centre by the river which is now the Asian Civilisation Museum site where the statue of Raffles is now situated. I remember eating it in the mid 1980s when i worked in Raffles Place. The egg cake is nicer than the China Street one in my opinion.

• Praise 9

Supercharged
15 hours ago, Tohto said:

Yes. I love their lu rou fang. They put a lot more meat than tw one.

To be good, meat need to be fatty, which @13177 see already will faint 😂😂

I also like their mee sua.  The oyster is not fishy and inside also have nice big intestine. 

Thanks! Will give it a try! I went to the next door DurianBB and picked up some durian pastries on Sunday (incidental purchase). 

The durian choux buns are okay. But the durian paris brest not nice. All using MSW. Just fyi if anyone interested. Sorry, forgot to take photos. 

• Praise 3

Supercharged
12 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

Wah lau, please lah, a simple cute looking bowl and yet attracted so much "attention" :D:D

It's like that one .. dirty-minded ppl see anything also dirty one .. ha ha .. 

I'm no exception 🤣

• Haha! 4

Supercharged
12 hours ago, Tohto said:

Ah .. we went to the same outlet!

Went there a lot when pak tor that time ..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1