❤️Pre-CB 2.0 What Did You Makan Today?❤️

Discoburg

2 hours ago, 13177 said:

You army dont have mee rebus in cookhouse? I remember the mee rebus from the cookhouse, the gravy and mee is one chunk one chunk de. Also not say very warm. 😅

its the worst food. i know.. i saw how the cook makes it... but that was before sfi took over.. but still same shit

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

4 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Hmm no lah. Granted that I was just a trainee in BMT, ocs, Nee Soon for 9 months of my nsf life. Rest of it was spent mostly in cmpb. 

It's just that u can choose what u want to eat and sometimes got cut fruits instead of just the apple or orange take from fridge. U think got really 加料 one ar.

Though the food at SAFTI is higher standard (I ate that as a trainee). 

the extra ingredient... is cook sputum.

Hypersonic
1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Socks. 😅

Yah man, used socks no less. Not socks that have just been washed. 🤣

• Shocked 1

7 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Glad your supported the couple. Not easy running a stall, cooking so many dishes and taking care of 2 kids.

Actually I only saw on Mustsharenews.

Probably their business picked up after that guy posted on social media.

👍🏼

Was at Toa Payoh to offer prayer to my late dad and wanted to have vegetarian food for lunch, and remembered you share about this stall yesterday, so decided to give them a try. 

Yah, they have many dishes on the menu (beside the standard vegetarian bee hoon stuff), almost like a zhi char stall. Not easy to manage with just 2 person. 

When I reached there, there were 3 to 4 people in front of me waiting to order, and suddenly they off the light at the counter and sign board, and both came out to offer their apology as their rice, noodle and bee hoon were all sold out. It was only when we asked and they allow us to tabao the remaining dishes and probably the reason for the low price. 

6 hours ago, 13177 said:

Got see the baby?

$6 for all these? Consider quite cheap le.

Didn't see the baby there but some baby toys can be seen inside the counter. They are open till 1pm so I suppose they leave the kids with their parents / in law for the morning.

Yes, I asked twice if $6 for all these and the lady confirm with a smile. Very friendly and polite. Kudos to the couple. 

6 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Great job supporting our hawkers.

Happy to support them. Will go again if I am nearby. 

Dinner tonight. Wife order online from this eatry. $69 for the set. 

logo.jpg

aEZlHtT.jpg

The salted egg crab is small but quite good. 

HR9Mels.jpg

The fish is very fresh too. 

zPwYvSM.jpg

The rest is average at best, and this ice jelly is rubbish. Nobody want to eat and I ended up eating just half of it. 

MPnMASf.jpg

• Praise 23

Hypersonic
2 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

Was at Toa Payoh to offer prayer to my late dad and wanted to have vegetarian food for lunch, and remembered you share about this stall yesterday, so decided to give them a try. 

Yah, they have many dishes on the menu (beside the standard vegetarian bee hoon stuff), almost like a zhi char stall. Not easy to manage with just 2 person. 

When I reached there, there were 3 to 4 people in front of me waiting to order, and suddenly they off the light at the counter and sign board, and both came out to offer their apology as their rice, noodle and bee hoon were all sold out. It was only when we asked and they allow us to tabao the remaining dishes and probably the reason for the low price. 

Didn't see the baby there but some baby toys can be seen inside the counter. They are open till 1pm so I suppose they leave the kids with their parents / in law for the morning.

Yes, I asked twice if $6 for all these and the lady confirm with a smile. Very friendly and polite. Kudos to the couple. 

Dinner tonight. Wife order online from this eatry. $69 for the set. 

logo.jpg

aEZlHtT.jpg

The salted egg crab is small but quite good. 

HR9Mels.jpg

The fish is very fresh too. 

zPwYvSM.jpg

The rest is average at best, and this ice jelly is rubbish. Nobody want to eat and I ended up eating just half of it. 

MPnMASf.jpg

You are a good guy. 😁

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

Supersonic
5 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Hmm no lah. Granted that I was just a trainee in BMT, ocs, Nee Soon for 9 months of my nsf life. Rest of it was spent mostly in cmpb. 

It's just that u can choose what u want to eat and sometimes got cut fruits instead of just the apple or orange take from fridge. U think got really 加料 one ar.

Though the food at SAFTI is higher standard (I ate that as a trainee). 

Sure no 加料? Those foods also eaten by CO and other big shot officer le. Even foods no 加料 but cooks might spend a bit more time to cook the food taste better a bit? Lol. Dont think the cooks would serve hard and dry bao to them?!

Turbocharged
7 hours ago, 13177 said:

Breakfast indeed mostly lousy. I can remember their white bread hard and dry. Chee cheong fun cold and hard. And bao also hard de. 😅 But no choice but still eat happily. Lol.

Never had mee rebus from the cook house before. 

Worst breakfast was at tekong. Fried bee hoon with 3 peas and maybe 3 small pieces of egg. Bee hoon texture hard like thin wires. I had to mix my coffee into the bee hoon to soften it before I can chew it. Luckily served once only. 

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Carbon82 said:

Good to know there is such a vegetarian stall in amk, since sometimes i would go to amk hub area but always ended up dont know eat what in amk, so next time would check out this stall.

• Praise 1

Supersonic
5 minutes ago, Kxbc said:

Never had mee rebus from the cook house before. 

Worst breakfast was at tekong. Fried bee hoon with 3 peas and maybe 3 small pieces of egg. Bee hoon texture hard like thin wires. I had to mix my coffee into the bee hoon to soften it before I can chew it. Luckily served once only. 

Such standard of fried bee hoon i also eaten before. Lol. But during that time, never fussy on foods, also if no eat in cookhouse, then nothing to eat liao.

Turbocharged

No photos to share of durians as taking a breather for now. Got home cooked sweet potato with sago instead, using home grown pandan leaves.

Sweet potato with sago 1.jpg

• Praise 18

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Sure no 加料? Those foods also eaten by CO and other big shot officer le. Even foods no 加料 but cooks might spend a bit more time to cook the food taste better a bit? Lol. Dont think the cooks would serve hard and dry bao to them?!

Maybe in unit or perm staff of the camp. I dunno. I only part of unit during reservist. And the food is acceptable except bf. 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
10 hours ago, 13177 said:

Such standard of fried bee hoon i also eaten before. Lol. But during that time, never fussy on foods, also if no eat in cookhouse, then nothing to eat liao.

Fussy also useless because there is no choice. Chao recruit can only eat at the cook house. And the canteen is not open at 6am.

Tekong food is really shit food cooked by grumpy nsf. 80% of them have attitude problem. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

Hypersonic
5 minutes ago, Kxbc said:

Fussy also useless because there is no choice. Chao recruit can only eat at the cook house. And the canteen is not open at 6am.

Tekong food is really shit food cooked by grumpy nsf. 80% of them have attitude problem. 

My nsf in tekong camp 1. The food from the chinese cook house is terrible.

Only once during weekend duty I got a chance to eat at the muslim cook house, the food was so much better.

I was from Alfa company, the furthest from the cook house. Everytime had to march so far to the cook house. Those from camp 1 will understand. 

• Praise 4

Turbocharged
17 hours ago, Nolicense said:

its the worst food. i know.. i saw how the cook makes it... but that was before sfi took over.. but still same shit

Nutritionally speaking, mee rebus is at the bottom of the chart. It is mainly carbs, the saving grace being the egg which gives you 6g of protein. But then, so are many other hawker foods, regardless of ethnicity. Mainly carbs, a few strands of fibre, wee bit of protein and likely humongous amount of hydrolysed vegetable oil and salt. 

But, but... Tasty lah. 😂

Back to mee rebus. There was a good one at blk 50+ wet market upper Changi Road but makcik wanted to retire a few years ago and so it's gone now. 

I also like afandi Hawa mee rebus at haig Road hc. The stall opposite it sells mee rebus too but its sauce comes with some bits of mutton. It's good too but I prefer afandi. 

• Praise 7

1 minute ago, Kxbc said:

Nutritionally speaking, mee rebus is at the bottom of the chart. It is mainly carbs, the saving grace being the egg which gives you 6g of protein. But then, so are many other hawker foods, regardless of ethnicity. Mainly carbs, a few strands of fibre, wee bit of protein and likely humongous amount of hydrolysed vegetable oil and salt. 

But, but... Tasty lah. 😂

Back to mee rebus. There was a good one at blk 50+ wet market upper Changi Road but makcik wanted to retire a few years ago and so it's gone now. 

I also like afandi Hawa mee rebus at haig Road hc. The stall opposite it sells mee rebus too but its sauce comes with some bits of mutton. It's good too but I prefer afandi. 

i like mee rebus.. tasty. they use sweet potatoes to make the gravy. plus the good ones add dried shrimp. and peanuts.

but the sfi instant one however... i think it is made from pure potatoe floors. lumpy. no dried shrimp. and definitely didnt add any sugar and salt into the gravy.. 

• Praise 2

Hypersonic
(edited)

Yishun dabao 618 Sims carrots cake.

1 hr waiting time, so drive over to Lower Seletar Reservior walk around. 

20210711_113710_copy_3024x2268.jpg

20210711_101452_copy_3024x2268.jpg

Edited by Tohto
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 15
  • Shocked 2
  • Haha! 2