2 hours ago, Tohto said:

Any good steakhouse to recommend? 

Budget around $100 per head? 

Can consider the ranch at clark quay? 

Happy belated birthday, bro.🎂🍻

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

On 10/22/2021 at 10:10 AM, 13177 said:

How is your recovery so far? Discharge liao? Can use mouth to eat bo?

Home liao since ytd thanks! can use liao, but for now still on liquid diet for a few more days as per Dr's request to let the healing be more complete 

• Praise 11

52 minutes ago, SiLangKia said:

Home liao since ytd thanks! can use liao, but for now still on liquid diet for a few more days as per Dr's request to let the healing be more complete 

Good to hear that you are now resting at home. Take care and full recovery. No more C cells henceforth! 

Stay safe 

Cheers 

• Praise 6

Lunch at neighbour's home. Hokkien Mee cooked Malaysian style. Got wok hei and authentic taste with lots of home made lard. 👍😋😋😋😋IMG-20211023-WA0007_copy_912x684.jpg.660f50647e8bc6bd984adee328ac9576.jpg

Dessert 😊. Waited about 30 mins to thaw and then eat. Just like durian ice cream. She kept 3 boxes frozen and this is the last box shared. 

IMG-20211023-WA0008_copy_800x600.jpg.5bc990febdae147daed10086f3787a34.jpg

Dinner at Telok Blangah Crescent HC. Duck Drumstick rice is from the coffeeshop opp it though. Tender and so yummy. 😋😋😋😋

20211023_192025_copy_2016x1512.thumb.jpg.bb216a0bafa9c5bf5728e0580894c5df.jpg

20211023_192045_copy_2016x1512.thumb.jpg.0eee07f919b76af8a7b7f55a7a162099.jpg

Dessert - Big Oats 

20211023_194329.thumb.jpg.1f2292c0b9bdc51bab8d839f97b92eab.jpg

Stay safe all. Have a good night's rest. 

Cheers 

• Praise 22

Dinner for mum. To do our part, only my son and I visit her today. So get her some sushi before we left.

l0mQAhG.jpg

Dinner for family. After buying sushi for mum,my son has sudden crave for it, so don't need to crack my head on what to have... 

7rEipSK.jpg

Cheers all. :a-toast: Have a nice weekend. 

0CSPXpV.jpg

@Tohto I recommend Gyu-Kaku.

https://www.gyu-kaku.com.sg/

top.jpg

GK+Japanese+Wagyu+Buffet+Promotion+7+Jul

• Praise 21

1 hour ago, SiLangKia said:

Beer is definitely liquid 🤣🤣🤣

Cheers 🍺 

20211023_225358_copy_2268x3024.jpg

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 12
  • Haha! 7

2 hours ago, SiLangKia said:

[thumbsup] 

Speedy recovery.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Hamburger said:

Traditional white bread. 

Can't resist!! Had to eat it after the hp camera ate it. 

16349985247296307726621915529455.jpg

Traditional white bread with kaya and butter very nice. But such bread cannot eat often for me. Lol.

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Carbon82 said:

Dinner for mum. To do our part, only my son and I visit her today. So get her some sushi before we left.

l0mQAhG.jpg

Dinner for family. After buying sushi for mum,my son has sudden crave for it, so don't need to crack my head on what to have... 

7rEipSK.jpg

Cheers all. :a-toast: Have a nice weekend. 

0CSPXpV.jpg

@Tohto I recommend Gyu-Kaku.

https://www.gyu-kaku.com.sg/

top.jpg

GK+Japanese+Wagyu+Buffet+Promotion+7+Jul

I had the Japanese wagyu buffet before. Very nice. Very oily. Shirt smells of the beef and oil after that though. 

A good beef alternative to steak. 

• Praise 4

16 hours ago, Tohto said:

Any good steakhouse to recommend? 

Budget around $100 per head? 

The Ranch - Aussie ribeye. its just around 50 bucks but i havent been there since 2020.
But given hamburger's experience with the >2 pax issue with the base aston's, not sure if this policy extends to The Ranch which is also run by aston group.

Keef De Beef - share the peter luger steak (800gm), don't order the other steaks.

You can't go wrong with these two places for these steaks.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 6

11 hours ago, Kxbc said:

I had the Japanese wagyu buffet before. Very nice. Very oily. Shirt smells of the beef and oil after that though. 

A good beef alternative to steak. 

Yes. i just had platters when i went on friday.
Basically an aussie wagyu buffet at 67+++ for 2 pax would be around same cost as what i paid.

But ... i feel that bbq or yakiniku is more like for guys to talk cock, drink beer and eat meat. And also a whole family of 4 to eat together and cook together. The social aspect is quite important.
Otherwise no point tolerating the heat/smoke and cooking for just 2 pax. 

So my summary is I won't eat yakiniku again for 2 pax. If just eat with wife, eating a steak in a nice comfortable environment is better. Enjoy some proper appetisers/dessert etc.

Gyu kaku is more like for good buddy drinking. Or at most kids to have the experience of grilling their own food.

Edited by Lala81
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2