❤️Pre-CB 2.0 What Did You Makan Today?❤️

Discoburg

Turbocharged
23 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Yes. i just had platters when i went on friday.
Basically an aussie wagyu buffet at 67+++ for 2 pax would be around same cost as what i paid.

But ... i feel that bbq or yakiniku is more like for guys to talk cock, drink beer and eat meat. And also a whole family of 4 to eat together and cook together. The social aspect is quite important.
Otherwise no point tolerating the heat/smoke and cooking for just 2 pax. 

So my summary is I won't eat yakiniku again for 2 pax. If just eat with wife, eating a steak in a nice comfortable environment is better. Enjoy some proper appetisers/dessert etc.

Gyu kaku is more like for good buddy drinking. Or at most kids to have the experience of grilling their own food.

I went with my wife. We enjoyed it tremendously. I think we ate 4 plates. But it was really filling because of all the oil. 😁

Steak house and yakiniku are 2 different environments. As long as know the difference, will enjoy it. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

14 hours ago, Lala81 said:

I Eat 

20211024_122635.jpg

the outlet at Bedok Mall serves a pretty decent Fishball noodle, not bad. 

13 hours ago, PSP415 said:

Lunch at neighbour's home. Putien styled Beehoon. 😋😋😋😋

20211024_121633_copy_2016x1512.thumb.jpg.880fd4d7070e7dc3431b900e45d09931.jpg

As usual, the LIAO more than carbs. hahaha. 

Bee Hoon seems a bit too "烂" for me 。 Anyway, I found Xing Hua Bee Hoon at my regular provision shop. Find one day try try 

IMG_20210913_142642475.thumb.jpg.b11312ba4586cbd3cc62dad33f1d6e4e.jpg

• Praise 10

1 hour ago, Othello said:

the outlet at Bedok Mall serves a pretty decent Fishball noodle, not bad. 

Run by fei siong group. So their fishball definitely decent. 

But I like the ba chor mee with mee kia the most. Not super good. But good enough.

6-6.5/10。 People like Tohto won't like cos no free flow lard heh. And also maybe cos I love 葱. And this place the soup is very plain with lots of 葱。

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 2

Went to Kebun baru cc for booster.

Ho yeah nasi lemak at the hk Street coffeeshop. OK, not good but OK. 

Sang Hock guan. 

Feeling very heaty now after nasi lemak plus snacking on the bah kwa while cutting it up for my family. 

20211025_115834_compress29.jpg

20211025_102546_compress73.jpg

• Praise 18
  • Haha! 5

23 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Sang Hock guan. 

Feeling very heaty now after nasi lemak plus snacking on the bah kwa while cutting it up for my family. 

i also packet  nasi lemak there earlier back for lunch . ordered the chicken cutlet set 

monday, always dont know what to eat [laugh]

• Haha! 2

36 minutes ago, RH1667 said:

i also packet  nasi lemak there earlier back for lunch . ordered the chicken cutlet set 

monday, always dont know what to eat [laugh]

I ordered the chicken thigh for my kids, then I realised got chicken cutlet (easier for me to divide for them to share)... Tried to change order but the aunty already put the thigh into deep fryer to reheat. So LL take it. 

Ok just cut up the chicken thigh for my kids. I have to revise my opinion. The chicken thigh got a lot of myoglobin part near the bone. It's quite off. 

But Monday not many stalls open. And the market selection is abysmal. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

16 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

I ordered the chicken thigh for my kids, then I realised got chicken cutlet (easier for me to divide for them to share)... Tried to change order but the aunty already put the thigh into deep fryer to reheat. So LL take it. 

Ok just cut up the chicken thigh for my kids. I have to revise my opinion. The chicken thigh got a lot of myoglobin part near the bone. It's quite off. 

But Monday not many stalls open. And the market selection is abysmal. 

between parts with bone and without bone, i will usually choose without bone if available [:p]

• Haha! 1

Ah balling from beach rd market. Gave $0.05 cents to auntie and she told me they do not accept $0.05 cents de. Seems like many food stall dont accept $0.05 one? So five cent not money? 😂

139FD0AF-4707-4FE4-92D3-7B59CADC3C41.jpeg

• Praise 13
  • Haha! 3

11 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Ah balling from beach rd market. Gave $0.05 cents to auntie and she told me they do not accept $0.05 cents de. Seems like many food stall dont accept $0.05 one? So five cent not money? 😂

139FD0AF-4707-4FE4-92D3-7B59CADC3C41.jpeg

it's money, just not to them. hahaha. 

• Haha! 4

3 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Sang Hock guan. 

Vaccine also can give you side effect like heaty body de. Lol.

• Haha! 1

38 minutes ago, Othello said:

it's money, just not to them. hahaha. 

I would discount that food stall if they dont accept five cents, no matter how good their foods.

6 hours ago, Arogab said:

We did self cooking in Thailand on Sat, I managed to help arrange with all the logistics and coordination even though I was on a full day conference call that I suppose to just listen in😂. I did it with power bank together with my Sony earphone😁.

Then this morning I happen to have no breakfast. My HR manager came to my rescue, give me on curry puffs😄. I never know I am rewarded with a curry puff because I am a nice boss. Haha

704259571176098124.jpg

All the food doesn't look very Thai style leh..  your employee all cook Chinese food for you.

4 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Sang Hock guan. 

You eat all the heaty food after vaccination. 

Going for my this Thursday.

• Haha! 1

4 minutes ago, Tohto said:

You eat all the heaty food after vaccination. 

Going for my this Thursday.

hahaha i just recently recovered from "heatiness", so was good boy for 1 week, then eat back all the heaty foods. now back again.

11 minutes ago, Tohto said:

All the food doesn't look very Thai style leh..  your employee all cook Chinese food for you.

Haha, I forgot to say all the people on Sat's gathering is mostly Singaporean's with one Malaysian and one Thai and 1 Chinese just flew over to support. 

I damn jia lat, when I show my schoolmates in whatsapp group chat with Thai food, they ask if I got Thai GF, now maybe you ask me if I got Thai GF. Haha

• Haha! 1

Saturday dinner from BTK.

But the standard of the chicken seems to drop. 

Change of chef?? 

Also find that the price has increased. 

Sunday lunch at Adam road FC. 

Wanted to go for the nasir lemak but sold out. 

2nd time there but still no chance to try it. 

In the end go for the prawn noodle. Feel is just OK only. 

IMG_20211023_184318.jpg

IMG_20211023_184326.jpg

IMG_20211024_123809.jpg

IMG_20211024_125617.jpg

IMG_20211024_125641.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 19