❤️Pre-CB 2.0 What Did You Makan Today?❤️

Discoburg

Turbocharged

Coincidentally, this is day 2 before heating up and adding fa cai.

testing out this year’s ingredients from Hong Kong st and Victoria wholesale

E4E2BEEC-3155-438E-87D7-B8609F618B85.jpeg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 17

7 hours ago, Arogab said:

I see people in China, Mexico, Thailand, I feel they are more tolerant despite they don't have condition like Singapore. SG is already a nice place. If people can be nice, it makes it nicer

I agree with you. I have the same encounters in some of those countries.

In Singapore, we are living in a pressure cooker, high pace.  We are brought up in a everything must be first environment! The race is too real. Kindergarten children are given tuition etc... That is where kiasu is...

Some people also have the mentality they are more advanced than others. Many people tend to look down on others. They do not know what humility is!

I remember when I in a tour group to Beijing in 1994 with my family, we visited a primary school where there was a piano in the common place. A parent proudly announced that his son (about primary school age) could play the piano very well and she coaxed her son to demonstrate. He started to play the very learner tunes ( I don't know what the name though). After he was done, the Chinese side asked one of the children (about the same age) there to play. He played a long and very nice piece. The parent is out group did not where to put her face.

We felt so embarrassed being in the same group.

Oops, sorry, this is makan thread!😚

Edited by Fitvip
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

1 hour ago, Kxbc said:

only if the person likes garlic. Both I also like. The robust soup gives the dish a good base. It's like Singapore style ramen. I've seen a Japanese expat very eagerly introducing this type of BCM to his visiting wife and son.

Yes, a lot of garlic.

2 hours ago, Tohto said:

No open beer with him. 😂

Since with your daughter then is not working.

i with my manager so i is working HAHAHAHAHAHHA, serving notice ahaha, open beer with you and @Carbon82 soon hahahha

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

45 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

I agree with you. I have the same encounters in some of those countries.

In Singapore, we are living in a pressure cooker, high pace.  We are brought up in a everything must be first environment! The race is too real. Kindergarten children are given tuition etc... That is where kiasu is...

Some people also have the mentality they are more advanced than others. Many people tend to look down on others. They do not know what humility is!

I remember when I in a tour group to Beijing in 1994 with my family, we visited a primary school where there was a piano in the common place. A parent proudly announced that his son (about primary school age) could play the piano very well and she coaxed her son to demonstrate. He started to play the very learner tunes ( I don't know what the name though). After he was done, the Chinese side asked one of the children (about the same age) there to play. He played a long and very nice piece. The parent is out group did not where to put her face.

We felt so embarrassed being in the same group.

Oops, sorry, this is makan thread!😚

True that esp nowadays that some people think that they are more advanced and tend to look down on others.

Like i mentioned before one SUV was trying to overtake me while going into a merger lane, maybe that guy is driving a Land Rover range rover evoque, he can act big on the road? 😅

• Haha! 1

43 minutes ago, SiLangKia said:

i with my manager so i is working HAHAHAHAHAHHA, serving notice ahaha, open beer with you and @Carbon82 soon hahahha

So you are back to work to serve notice liao?! Recovery so far ok?

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, SiLangKia said:

Really is coincidental meeting or arranged with @Carbon82 to intro the daughter to you ? 😁

• Haha! 7

On 1/11/2022 at 8:10 PM, PSP415 said:

Familiar. From Elias Mall non-ac Food court? Golden Rooster? 

Nope, I bought mine from the Kopitiam at Pasir Ris West Plaza. I posted about that western food store before. Quite good.

13 hours ago, Tohto said:

Yap. Our road culture here is getting towards like some 3rd world country. 

Maybe like Vietnam that honk is a must...

I concur. In fact I find it is easier to drive in Malaysia than Singapore, signal and most driver will slow down to give way. The "highway code" here driver must speed up when  see others signal. :D 

6 hours ago, 13177 said:

Hearsay this BCM is nice? I went there before, the coffeeshop so small and crowded, so no try. Lol.

I would rate this 7.5 - 8 out of 10. Was first introduced this place by @therock a coupe of years back. The cooking style and ingredient used are pretty old school (in fact the whole coffeeshop look like those in the 80s, very simple) and not to complex which I like. The 鱼饺 (my daughter favorite) is good.

Probably due to COVID-19, the place is not crowded today when I was there at 1+.

4 hours ago, SiLangKia said:

Oh that is your manager, lucky I never shout "heh Silangkia" across the table when I saw you. :D:D 

You seems to have lost some weight. Take care. Let me know when you are available for lunch after you end your assignment.

1 hour ago, zipping said:

tabao little caesars pizza

Screenshot_2022-01-12-21-03-29.thumb.jpeg.1812dce471da9b8d4cb39951019a78c2.jpeg

Sorry pal but your pizza look pale in comparison with the one by @Loki (which was directly above your post). :D

1 hour ago, RH1667 said:

Really is coincidental meeting or arranged with @Carbon82 to intro the daughter to you ? 😁

Wah lau, why you so bad go pichar his lobang... :D

57 minutes ago, Tohto said:

相亲 😄

@SiLangKia mind is set on Chantalle Ng lah... :D 

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 6

@Carbon82 ,how to compare w  @Loki .......tat will b mission impossible :a-whiteflag:

see his home made pizza also looks tastier than those bought from store :yeah-im-not-drunk:

just as luck hav it, i post just below his post...:TT_TT:

Edited by zipping
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

4 hours ago, SiLangKia said:

Lai, let me know when you available. 

Can be arrange 😁

• Praise 1

6 hours ago, 13177 said:

So you are back to work to serve notice liao?! Recovery so far ok?

hahah ya, back since end nov, decided to quit to rest and recover properly. Recovery ok but work stress isn't helping it to progress further, so I decided like I'm prob gonna be working the next 30 years of my life, what's a few months to rest and properly recuperate. Usually with cancer ppl go on hospitalisation leave for at least 6 months, I was back to work 4 weeks from the day of op, so I felt I didn't rest enough.

4 hours ago, RH1667 said:

hahahahaha ehhh that one my fav work coffeeshop hor always there one, don't believe ask the stall auntie, they see me immediately will prepare more red chilli for me when they serve, that's how well they know me, and when i order i just need to pay, they know what i want liao HAHAHAHA

2 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

Nope, I bought mine from the Kopitiam at Pasir Ris West Plaza. I posted about that western food store before. Quite good.

I concur. In fact I find it is easier to drive in Malaysia than Singapore, signal and most driver will slow down to give way. The "highway code" here driver must speed up when  see others signal. :D 

I would rate this 7.5 - 8 out of 10. Was first introduced this place by @therock a coupe of years back. The cooking style and ingredient used are pretty old school (in fact the whole coffeeshop look like those in the 80s, very simple) and not to complex which I like. The 鱼饺 (my daughter favorite) is good.

Probably due to COVID-19, the place is not crowded today when I was there at 1+.

Oh that is your manager, lucky I never shout "heh Silangkia" across the table when I saw you. :D:D 

You seems to have lost some weight. Take care. Let me know when you are available for lunch after you end your assignment.

Sorry pal but your pizza look pale in comparison with the one by @Loki (which was directly above your post). :D

Wah lau, why you so bad go pichar his lobang... :D

@SiLangKia mind is set on Chantalle Ng lah... :D 

HAHAHA ya recently manager keep eating w me cos last few weeks liao I think he wannna cherish my existence HAHAHAHAHAHA, is ok just shout only, then i can pretend imma gangster outside or smth , and ya lost ab 3-4 kg since we last met, will take care thanks! Feeling better alr, will meet you and @Tohto soon, I end around 11 feb my last day hahah

• Praise 9

2 hours ago, Tohto said:

Lai, let me know when you available. 

Can be arrange 😁

can hahahaha, when I clearing leave I let you know, manager ah buay approve my leave 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Praise 1

16 hours ago, Etnt said:

but 58 cannot go when hungry. Need patience, alot of patience.

the one behind it CMI ah ? I am not a BCM fan ( Find it oily), so I just buy from shorter Q stall

• Haha! 3

Turbocharged
4 minutes ago, Othello said:

the one behind it CMI ah ? I am not a BCM fan ( Find it oily), so I just buy from shorter Q stall

honestly haven't tried that, if go 58 is only this BCM cos it's out of the way with terrible carpark. So very very focused when going there.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3