❤️Pre-CB 2.0 What Did You Makan Today?❤️

Discoburg

11 minutes ago, Tohto said:

The queue is always damn long and they are damn slow.

Char the pork belly per bowl, but that is the reason it taste so good.

True.

The kurobuta pork belly is charred only upon each order takes the crown. I do like to order add on an Onsen egg. It makes the whole meal just so satisfying. 

I was there at 5.50pm so no queue 👍😁.

But the Wild Olives Western Food at other end on the same floor queue is super long just now, again. Not had a chance to try yet but hearsay it's great vfm tasting food. 

Stay safe. Enjoy your weekend. TGIF 

Cheers 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

31 minutes ago, PSP415 said:

True.

The kurobuta pork belly is charred only upon each order takes the crown. I do like to order add on an Onsen egg. It makes the whole meal just so satisfying. 

I was there at 5.50pm so no queue 👍😁.

But the Wild Olives Western Food at other end on the same floor queue is super long just now, again. Not had a chance to try yet but hearsay it's great vfm tasting food. 

Stay safe. Enjoy your weekend. TGIF 

Cheers 

Prawn noodle I always top up with onsen egg and meat.

The western food just went there last week, worth the queue.  Ready value for money and taste good.

I love their pork chop, side dishes love their roast potatoes and mushrooms rice. This is what exactly I order last week which I was there. Only $5.90.

20220117_200003_copy_3024x2268.jpg

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 16

Went AMK 628 this morning to buy lunch and dinner. Forgot which stall nasi lemak was recommended. There are 4 chinese style nasi lemak stall and 2 malay nasi lemak stall. So anyhow hoot 1 to get from. Very very average taste. The chicken wing can don't  bother.

20220121_102335.thumb.jpg.57727c54ef9ebf8ccc77288d97631fea.jpg

20220121_114625.thumb.jpg.efa913212fc1edd2393d53f273914787.jpg

Then went to buy chicken rice. The only chicken rice stall there. Wife likes the taste. Portion very big. Each box is half chicken. Should had bought only half chicken. Now stomach very very full. They also gave lots of cucumber and archar.

20220121_102043.thumb.jpg.2b68c943903bd43ed6485ccb241898a6.jpg

20220121_181217.thumb.jpg.e204d46739b88a9a2f3fc5335f273a1d.jpg

20220121_181222.thumb.jpg.7d136d32ef2fc764fff7ebd091198912.jpg

• Praise 15
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 4

5 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

how much per portion ? Looks like 1/4 chicken

achar and cucumber REALLY a lot !  LOL  😁

anyway, who started the achar with chicken rice trend ah ? I mean, i'm fine but to me chicken rice is ONLY about the rice and chicken + chilli + sweet black sauce (with white skin, is heaven). I always tell them not to pour any sauce or oil over. 

Edited by Othello
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

4 minutes ago, Tohto said:

The western food just when there last week, worth the queue.  Ready value for money and taste good.

I love their pork chop, side dishes live their roast potatoes and mushrooms rice. This is what exactly I order last week which I share here. Only $5.90.

😋👍Looks very yummy. 

Okie, will try when there again. 

• Praise 1

17 minutes ago, Othello said:

anyway, who started the achar with chicken rice trend ah ? I mean, i'm fine but to me chicken rice is ONLY about the rice and chicken + chilli + sweet black sauce (with white skin, is heaven). I always tell them not to pour any sauce or oil over. 

Half chicken $12. Whole chicken $24.

It's all deboned.

• Praise 4

1 hour ago, Adrianli said:

Went AMK 628 this morning to buy lunch and dinner. Forgot which stall nasi lemak was recommended. There are 4 chinese style nasi lemak stall and 2 malay nasi lemak stall. So anyhow hoot 1 to get from. Very very average taste. The chicken wing can don't  bother.

20220121_102335.thumb.jpg.57727c54ef9ebf8ccc77288d97631fea.jpg

20220121_114625.thumb.jpg.efa913212fc1edd2393d53f273914787.jpg

Then went to buy chicken rice. The only chicken rice stall there. Wife likes the taste. Portion very big. Each box is half chicken. Should had bought only half chicken. Now stomach very very full. They also gave lots of cucumber and archar.

20220121_102043.thumb.jpg.2b68c943903bd43ed6485ccb241898a6.jpg

20220121_181217.thumb.jpg.e204d46739b88a9a2f3fc5335f273a1d.jpg

Wrong stall. its the Malay stall opposite the one u bought. Their sign has a “67“.

This chicken rice is good. The one I showed the last time. The other chicken rice store sucks. Don't buy. 

• Praise 6

1 hour ago, Othello said:

I don't take the sweet dark sauce with chicken rice or bkt. I always get more indigestion after I take it. Noticed it in the last couple years.

Which is weird since I'm OK with normal dark soy sauce. 

Find it weird that people complain sugary drinks are sweet. The amount of sugar in that dark sauce is no different from melted sweets. Lol 

Edited by Lala81
  • Haha! 1

5 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Wrong stall. its the Malay stall opposite the one u bought. Their sign has a “67“.

This chicken rice is good. The one I showed the last time. The other chicken rice store sucks. Don't buy. 

Noted. Is it the one that says it uses Premium Basmati Rice?

10 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

Noted. Is it the one that says it uses Premium Basmati Rice?

Yup. Their mee rebus I think also decent. But I find most mee rebus too sweet for my liking nowadays. 

I usually prefer to eat at the nasi lemak stall, white chicken rice, nasi padang, the fried chicken rice stall. The braised duck rice stall is OK. 

Other popular stalls include the roast meat, the noodle stall opposite the roast meat, the mee siam stall (this last one I never tried). 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 4

8 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Yup. Their mee rebus I think also decent. But I find most mee rebus too sweet for my liking nowadays. 

I usually prefer to eat at the nasi lemak stall, white chicken rice, nasi padang, the fried chicken rice stall. The braised duck rice stall is OK. 

Other popular stalls include the roast meat, the noodle stall opposite the roast meat, the mee siam stall (this last one I never tried). 

Thanks. 

17 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Wonder wat happened to e chicken rice stall next to e roast duck/meat stall, last i was there (iirc last yr dec) closed alr, now selling ccf by e same lady at e chicken rice stall.

Edited by zipping
  • Praise 1

13 minutes ago, zipping said:

Wonder wat happened to e chicken rice stall next to e roast duck/meat stall, last i was there (iirc last yr dec) closed alr, now selling ccf by e same lady at e chicken rice stall.

Ah yes I noticed. That chicken rice was OK. Now change to what u said.

Lol the below average chicken rice opposite is surviving. 

• Haha! 1

On 1/20/2022 at 9:25 PM, Fcw75 said:

The one at Changi road? Wonder how’s the queue now…

I read LCG is selling for $75/kg now. 😅

Yes, near Kembangan MRT Station. Didn't ask my wife how much she paid for the bak kwa in case she suddenly remembered she have yet to claim from me. (I know I damn cheapo) :D:D

Late dinner at Elias Mall now, after coming back from work. Today damn tiring... 

415aVaS.jpg

• Praise 19
  • Haha! 5

Turbocharged
3 hours ago, Tohto said:

The western food just went there last week, worth the queue.  Ready value for money and taste good.

I love their pork chop, side dishes love their roast potatoes and mushrooms rice. This is what exactly I order last week which I was there. Only $5.90.

Wild Olives is good. I especially like their mussels. For that price, it is vfm definitely. Their other dishes are good too. Downside is have to queue. I always kanna 45 min queue. 

• Praise 4

Turbocharged
9 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Ma maison? 

Yah at Jewel L2. ordered their kurobuta and miyazaki to compare. The miyazhi is more tender with a slightly sweet taste, while the kurobuta is tougher and more porky.

Would definitely order the miyazaki again.

Also saw on their website that mandarin gallery outlet has a miyazaki beef + pork combo.... tempting...

• Praise 3

10 hours ago, Kxbc said:

Wild Olives is good. I especially like their mussels. For that price, it is vfm definitely. Their other dishes are good too. Downside is have to queue. I always kanna 45 min queue. 

Their pasta with clam and white wine is also very good.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3