❤️Pre-CB 2.0 What Did You Makan Today?❤️

Discoburg

Supercharged
On 6/1/2021 at 2:01 PM, TangoCharlie said:

Fish soup and the kueh stalls long q even when I reach about 1120 today.

This stall quite under rated. Heng ah, less waiting.

I've tried this stall hokkien mee a few times. Yeah, it's quite good. Very flavorful. 

Haven't tried the fish soup before. Will try next time!

Did you know that for the ang ku kueh, if you dine in, there's no need to queue ? You can walk up to the auntie and order. But now no dine-in, so all have to queue by default.

• Praise 6

Supercharged
On 6/1/2021 at 3:12 PM, 13177 said:

Fried hokkien mee dabao not very nice liao, unless distance from stall to home is less than 10 mins. Lol. I wait for no dine-in measure over then i go eat. 

If you subscribe to Food King's standard, then hokkien mee taste better when tabao. According to FK, when you pack it, it gives it time to develop flavor .. ha ha .. 

Think for dry type it's not too bad. For wet type, think will be too soggy.

FK's top pick is the one at Golden Mile HC basement level (think it's called Hainan Fried Hokkien Mee). That's dry type, so can pack without worries.

• Praise 7

Supercharged
22 hours ago, Tianmo said:

Vegetarian food.  

KNN,  the lady always like to fill untill full full.  Like that I also don't know how to start....  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

IMG20210601140739.thumb.jpg.cf96b8525a24d2488363c722062e60ff.jpg

Like dat you oso donch understand ?

She openly admire you lah 😍

• Haha! 7

Supersonic
38 minutes ago, Ckll said:

I've tried this stall hokkien mee a few times. Yeah, it's quite good. Very flavorful. 

Did you know that for the ang ku kueh, if you dine in, there's no need to queue ? You can walk up to the auntie and order. But now no dine-in, so all have to queue by default.

Didnt know for dine-in, no need queue for this ang ku kueh stall? The other time when i dine-in there also join the queue as usual lo, and the auntie also never tell me no need to queue?! Lol.

• Haha! 1

(edited)
11 hours ago, Tohto said:

This dishes not easy. A lot of work.

Which part of the beef you used?

Used the tenderloin. Soft and juicy. 

Yup bro TC got it right there. 

And frankly, I discarded all the crust and ate the beef. This Willington combi  not to my liking. 

Edited by Hamburger
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 5

Hypersonic
23 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

Used the tenderloin. Soft and juicy. 

Yup bro TC got it right there. 

And frankly, I discarded all the crust and ate the beef. This Willington combi  not to my liking. 

your wife never knock your head? [:p]

• Haha! 8

Supercharged
29 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Didnt know for dine-in, no need queue for this ang ku kueh stall? The other time when i dine-in there also join the queue as usual lo, and the auntie also never tell me no need to queue?! Lol.

Ya lor .. me too. I queued all the time cos it's very instinctive. See queue .. join queue .. ha ha ..

They put a notice on a wall near the cashier (where a lady usually sits and wraps the kueh) that for dine-in there's no need to queue. I saw the notice only after queuing many times. I also verbally asked the auntie abt it and she confirmed it.

• Praise 8

1 hour ago, Ckll said:

Thanks for the tip! Always put off by the q for akk.

• Praise 1

Supersonic
2 hours ago, Ckll said:

Ya lor .. me too. I queued all the time cos it's very instinctive. See queue .. join queue .. ha ha ..

They put a notice on a wall near the cashier (where a lady usually sits and wraps the kueh) that for dine-in there's no need to queue. I saw the notice only after queuing many times. I also verbally asked the auntie abt it and she confirmed it.

So got notice ah, next time i try. Lol.

• Praise 1

Supercharged
1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Lunch.

2BDB8041-9CC7-46C6-B25C-EBF8AF631E6D.jpeg

Wah .. you "da kai sha jie" today ah .. Very different from your usual food .. 👍😄

• Haha! 2

Supersonic
5 minutes ago, Tohto said:

Home cook lunch. 

Seafood pot I cook,  the rest helper cook. 

20210603_132604_copy_3024x2268.jpg

20210603_132617_copy_3024x2268.jpg

20210603_132620_copy_3024x2268.jpg

20210603_132613_copy_3024x2268.jpg

First time showcase your helper cooked dishes? Or all the while your home cooked foods your helper cooked de?

Hypersonic
27 minutes ago, 13177 said:

First time showcase your helper cooked dishes? Or all the while your home cooked foods your helper cooked de?

She cook quite often. After I teach her some new dishes. She learned already she will cook.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 1