❤️Pre-CB 2.0 What Did You Makan Today?❤️

Discoburg

Supercharged
18 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

celery leaves are light colored though. Different to what kxbc describes.

I believe @Kxbc and @TangoCharlie are referring to Chinese celery .. 

I like its taste too. Super nice in fried noodles.

image.png.2d06eaa2ac5ba0cca9e193d726607437.png

image.png.7bbb745ff410fe51260b2e1c172de1c9.png

• Praise 6

Supercharged
9 minutes ago, TangoCharlie said:

Not this?

Screenshot_20210605-140518.png

In your pic (bottom 2 pics), the one on the left is Chinese celery (qin cai). The leaves and stalk all can eat. Taste/smell quite okay.

The one on the right is celery, or angmoh celery, or xi yang qin cai. That's the one fruit juice stalls here use it to make fruit juice. Cai png stalls sometimes prepare it with pork slices. Angmoh usually juice it or sometimes cut into small pieces to sweat it together with onions and carrots to make soup base.

image.png

• Praise 4

Hypersonic
24 minutes ago, TangoCharlie said:

Not this?

Screenshot_20210605-140518.png

the 2 bottom pictures are more representative of the usual color. Light brighter green. 

• Praise 2

Hypersonic
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Ckll said:

In your pic (bottom 2 pics), the one on the left is Chinese celery (qin cai). The leaves and stalk all can eat. Taste/smell quite okay.

The one on the right is celery, or angmoh celery, or xi yang qin cai. That's the one fruit juice stalls here use it to make fruit juice. Cai png stalls sometimes prepare it with pork slices. Angmoh usually juice it or sometimes cut into small pieces to sweat it together with onions and carrots to make soup base.

image.png

Thanks. Basically they are different cultivars. Same species, different cultivars.
Western/"pascal" cultivar vs the asian/chinese cultivar. In singapore we have both i guess, cos our western celery comes from australia. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celery

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Ckll said:

I believe @Kxbc and @TangoCharlie are referring to Chinese celery .. 

I like its taste too. Super nice in fried noodles.

image.png.2d06eaa2ac5ba0cca9e193d726607437.png

image.png.7bbb745ff410fe51260b2e1c172de1c9.png

Thank you. These are the correct pictures I needed. 

I can't tahan Chinese celery. But I like celery Chinese seeds which I thought is called coriander or yan shui in Chinese. 

• Praise 3

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Ckll said:

image.png

Although I don't like the picture on the right, I like the ang mo celery on the right picture. I can even eat it raw. Weird taste buds I have. 

• Haha! 1

Supercharged
7 minutes ago, Kxbc said:

Thank you. These are the correct pictures I needed. 

I can't tahan Chinese celery. But I like celery Chinese seeds which I thought is called coriander or yan shui in Chinese. 

Yeah .. coriander seeds or ketumbar .. Very fragrant spices! 👍

image.png.042b82772e92e8137a3b1025b9c80eb4.png

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

just bought these 2 Light Soy Sauce (Malaysian) to try. It seems highly rated online. 

IMG_20210605_160022689.thumb.jpg.6a457526469b5614198fcc38b80fbe89.jpg

My current fav is still from SG , this is really GOOD stuff ! BAGUS

c0e549_861116fd4a344da1bcfa064bd9b8c9df_mv2.png.0563c5baeb1a480d6dfcda77b8ca3ed7.png

• Praise 16

Turbocharged
3 hours ago, Lala81 said:

haha i find these milks bit too creamy for me. I usually stick to those with 3.5-3.6gm fat per 100ml.
3.8-4.0 can be bit hard to digest if drink too much.

high fat the best milk.. if make milo must use evaporated milk. then shake it like cocktail.. the foam you get is rich and creamy... super thick...😋

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2