❤️Pre-CB 2.0 What Did You Makan Today?❤️

Discoburg

Supercharged
4 hours ago, Lala81 said:

I like both. I don't like too lean roast pork. Anyway to get better char siew. Probably have to order fook kin home delivery. Supposedly they use better cuts. 

U want leaner roast pork. Go the market beside and buy the roast pork there. Its much cheaper and leaner. But of course is market quality only... 

Have you tried Fook kin ? If you have not , please dun .... For their price range , might as well try Char ... Char siew and roast pork very nice ..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Hypersonic
1 minute ago, Hubwee said:

Have you tried Fook kin ? If you have not , please dun .... For their price range , might as well try Char ... Char siew and roast pork very nice ..

Fook Kin is roast paradise JV. Some of my friends like it. Haha what we were discussing and I like to eat is also ex roast paradise partner. So taste should be sama sama. 

Char never had chance to try. Heard its good.

Anyway these type of stuff is household hawker food. Diminishing returns for these dishes once past hawker level.

I would say roast duck is different story. The price and quality differential in a decent restaurant vs hawker is substantial. Few hawker stalls can come close to restaurant standard. 

Supersonic
8 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Fook Kin is roast paradise JV. Some of my friends like it. Haha what we were discussing and I like to eat is also ex roast paradise partner. So taste should be sama sama. 

Char never had chance to try. Heard its good.

Anyway these type of stuff is household hawker food. Diminishing returns for these dishes once past hawker level.

I would say roast duck is different story. The price and quality differential in a decent restaurant vs hawker is substantial. Few hawker stalls can come close to restaurant standard. 

Char at jalan besar? If you like fat and oily char siew, this one is super nice cause it melt in your mouth when you eat it. 😂

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
On 6/4/2021 at 8:50 PM, Carbon82 said:

粉肠鱼膘猪肚汤

VlCEmsj.jpg

Jzm8TY3.jpg

LFhCGAx.jpg

Wahlau you always eat those very erxin stuff. 😆 Can put under spoiler next time? Lol. 

• Haha! 5

Internal Moderator

IMG_20210609_195442.thumb.jpg.ac257072153891a2541999a4da3f88bd.jpgIMG_20210609_201848.thumb.jpg.d697dd24f68a05a7a033c1c368c71e4d.jpg

Average roasted chicken rice from FiveStar. Very quiet so I support. Takeaway soup was nice though but cost me additional $1.50 for their cute container. 

• Praise 19

Internal Moderator

Also had Thai Wanton Mee from around my office the other day. Very quiet so I support as well and because I miss Thailand! Takeaway soup was nice too. 

IMG_20210608_142230.thumb.jpg.cc95c7d2e56d407c2097e2c6808146cb.jpg

• Praise 19

Turbocharged
9 hours ago, 13177 said:

Yes their achar not bad and hardly can find roast meat stall nowadays give achar. Even cucumber in most roast meat stall also never skin off.

Yes. When they first started, it was the detail they put into the small things, like the achar, the soup which actually have stuff like corn, etc inside, the chopping and plate arrangement that made me want to go back. Plus the duck. The cook seems to really take his trade seriously.

• Praise 5

7 hours ago, BabyBlade said:

IMG_20210609_195442.thumb.jpg.ac257072153891a2541999a4da3f88bd.jpg

Average roasted chicken rice from FiveStar. Very quiet so I support. Takeaway soup was nice though but cost me additional $1.50 for their cute container. 

You mean its actually a drive thru?

Turbocharged
13 hours ago, Adrianli said:

Ate both stalls at Changi Village before, many times.

Will go 628 try some day since I am on 3 months school holidays and will be cycling around.

Prefer International than the other stalls in Changi village. I like their fluffy rice and chicken. But I am usually unlucky. Go and they are not open. Only ate 3 times so far as I don't travel there so often. 

I find Crave super overrated though. 

• Praise 5

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, Discoburg said:

You mean its actually a drive thru?

If you order through the app I think you can just stop by the side and pick up from them since parking is hard to find here. 

• Praise 7

Internal Moderator
13 minutes ago, Kxbc said:

Prefer International than the other stalls in Changi village. I like their fluffy rice and chicken. But I am usually unlucky. Go and they are not open. Only ate 3 times so far as I don't travel there so often. 

I find Crave super overrated though. 

I actually quite like Crave, but mostly cos of its convenience to buy since location is in many malls. 

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
9 hours ago, BabyBlade said:

Also had Thai Wanton Mee from around my office the other day. Very quiet so I support as well and because I miss Thailand! Takeaway soup was nice too. 

IMG_20210608_142230.thumb.jpg.cc95c7d2e56d407c2097e2c6808146cb.jpg

anyone knows what is the secret ingredient/s (besides MSG) in Thai WTM gan lao sauce? It's very flavorful yet looks so innocent (no fiery red like chilli). I've only tried Soi19 Thai WTM so far in singapore. But I really like the flavor. No need to add additional condiments like chilli, chilli flakes etc.

I've tried a supposedly famous soup based WTM in Bangkok before. Roadside stall. Not bad but not wow wow wow(!!!!!) like the reviews painted it to be.

• Praise 2

Internal Moderator
1 minute ago, Kxbc said:

anyone knows what is the secret ingredient/s (besides MSG) in Thai WTM gan lao sauce? It's very flavorful yet looks so innocent (no fiery red like chilli). I've only tried Soi19 Thai WTM so far in singapore. But I really like the flavor. No need to add additional condiments like chilli, chilli flakes etc.

I've tried a supposedly famous soup based WTM in Bangkok before. Roadside stall. Not bad but not wow wow wow(!!!!!) like the reviews painted it to be.

Please don't mention Bangkok right now. That word.... evokes a lot of emotions. [bigcry] 

22 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

If you order through the app I think you can just stop by the side and pick up from them since parking is hard to find here. 

I see it states drive thru so I thought you drive thru the shop to pick up he food.

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
(edited)
10 hours ago, Hubwee said:

I agree that Fook Kin is pretty ok but not for the price. Heard good things about Char but seems like always long Q. The prices at their zhi char stall also not low.

There are many gems in hawker centre roasted meat stalls though. Just need to find that gem.

I used to like 富市传统烧腊 when it was in the hawker centre near my home. But it moved to Marsiling Woodlands St 12 hawker centre (edited: web said they had moved from Marsiling in late 2017). So damn far. Not sure how is their quality now.

I  also like a HK roast meat stall at Toa Payoh Lor 1 hawker centre (2nd floor, the row behind the pretty famous Tian Tian Lai fried hokkien prawn noodle) but don't know the stall name.

Edited by Kxbc
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7