World Economic Forum Meeting and Shangri-La Dialogue 2021 in S'pore Cancelled, What's Next?

kobayashiGT

Guess the rest of the world, especially all the high SES participants, are too scared to come. I mean, why risk it?

↡ Advertisement

Internal Moderator

Don't come better. They come liao also cannot go gai gai and eat outside. Like go north korea like that. hahaha.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

1 hour ago, Didu said:

Bye bye WEF till next year.  [wave]

We breathe a collective sigh of relief [sweatdrop]

Sekali they choose to hold it in Wuhan... 😁

• Haha! 3

Hypersonic

I like that it's cancelled.  

I would like to see more international news report on situation in SG getting out of control and start digging the cause. 

I would like to see more international businesses pull out of SG because of current worsen conditions. 

Yes, let it come.  The only way to hit a person seriously bad,  is to hit him hardest where he care most. 

• Praise 5
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 4

6 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

I would like to see more international news report on situation in SG getting out of control and start digging the cause. 

I would like to see more international businesses pull out of SG because of current worsen conditions. 

Yes, let it come.  The only way to hit a person seriously bad,  is to hit him hardest where he care most. 

Don't lah...why let our fellow singaporeans 60 or 40 pay the price for the few incompetants...our oppo quietly gathering ammo liao...

this time if the virus don't kill, many will be cured... 3rd eye finally can open to see...a blue sky may not be bad after all...😁

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
8 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Don't lah...why let our fellow singaporeans 60 or 40 pay the price for the few incompetants...our oppo quietly gathering ammo liao...

this time if the virus don't kill, many will be cured... 3rd eye finally can open to see...a blue sky may not be bad after all...😁

Well,  I am still not supporting the opp as of now.  However,  my view is if it need to be fix,  then it need to be fix, 60% or 40% make no different. 

I look at issues in isolation and I dont assume a death sentence base on isolated incident. 

Made a mistake?  Correct it and move on,  if damage is done then damage is done.  

I will remember the damage, but it does not mean I will write you off totally. 

We are all part of the country,  like it or not,  we will all have to shoulder some weights as we move along.  And as far as covid 19 is concern, we are all part of the world.... 

• Praise 4

8 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

Well,  I am still not supporting the opp as of now.  However,  my view is if it need to be fix,  then it need to be fix, 60% or 40% make no different. 

I look at issues in isolation and I dont assume a death sentence base on isolated incident. 

Made a mistake?  Correct it and move on,  if damage is done then damage is done.  

I will remember the damage, but it does not mean I will write you off totally. 

We are all part of the country,  like it or not,  we will all have to shoulder some weights as we move along.  And as far as covid 19 is concern, we are all part of the world.... 

😁

33-YouTubers-Came-Together-And-Recorded-This-Heartwarming-Lockdown-Version-Of-We-Are-The-World.jpg

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
14 hours ago, Tianmo said:

You Singaporean? hahaha. :grin:

• Haha! 1

On 5/18/2021 at 1:54 PM, Sdf4786k said:

at this point in time , waiting for someone to keechui to say could have done better .. be it fundamentally flawed then but was the right decision and now adjusting to the changing conditions and still making the right decision again is anyone guess

It wasn't the right decision.  At the very least, they should have kept quiet.  Cos you see, even early last year, many people HAD masks but they were afraid to wear in public because of govt directives that "healthy no need to wear masks".  I even heard some in civil service were penalised is they were one....

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

On 5/18/2021 at 6:42 PM, Tianmo said:

I disagree on this one slightly.  This handling of the pandemic is not an isolated incident.  It's just first incident to have such far reaching effects for so long.

(edited)

The Shangri-La Dialogue in Singapore has been cancelled 2 weeks before the meeting, due to COVID-19 restrictions and uncertainties.

Edited by Staff69
  • Praise 4
  • Shocked 2
  • Haha! 6