Survival of the fittest, we shouldn't waste anymore pocket money

Windwaver

Survival of the fittest, we shouldn't waste anymore pocket money  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Worth saving businesses that refuses to evolve?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sitting on the fence

Hypersonic
(edited)
20 hours ago, Beregond said:

F&B can say hard , also can say the easiest.

why i say so?? despite makan places in every corner of singapore, 24/7 .

eating/drinking is the 1 and only thing we die die must have.

its the super essential of the essential. 

the expectation is the key, what do u expect to get out of it? why u enter??

u expect to throw in 200k or even 1m and have an outlet or 2 and can collect money every month, and planning of expanding later?? like that mostly die.

u enter cos u love food, u love cooking, u love to see ppl enjoying your food, u dun mind hands on and long hours and min profit, u stand a chance.

yes. Hence infinite competition. While cooking is a skill, it's a skill that anyone can access. And anyone can rent a stall/store. 

Well more accurately, it's something that u can definitely make a living. But to say make a scale-able business out of it, it's tough.

Edited by Lala81
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Turbocharged

This pandemic will conclude its business, not in the near future.

people will just totter on and make the best of it as in the forgotten past.

Just close off those problem areas and make merry as always. 
those areas with capital will survive, those with capital near secure areas and not surrounded by desperadoes.

Singapore can only survive if Malaysia weathers this storm both politically and socioculturally stronger. But looking at presentation, unless with overt and covert manipulation, things does not look good. Time for New Zealand.

Indonesia is basically Asian Africa and using asean as a crutch. That guy has a long long way to go. Burma minding its own business. Thailand is Self sufficient and nearer to stronger neighbours. East Asia Bian gong, strong strong.

Laos, Cambodia...still quiet backwater that most likely remain the same level of life in the next hundred years.

it all boils down to our Malaysia.

just so many people conveniently forget good policies are shared both ways despite the rhetoric of religion or royalty.

how does Malaysia want to be? And how much religion they are willing to give up...going right means up lorry, going left is lost of identity.

malaysia vsc important and sg is the vsc  head unit.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
32 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

yes. Hence infinite competition. While cooking is a skill, it's a skill that anyone can access. And anyone can rent a stall/store. 

Well more accurately, it's something that u can definitely make a living. But to say make a scale-able business out of it, it's tough.

tenor.gif

Talking about lifestyle rest, I really wonder how is the Singaporean owner Mr Young Tony ( MIsato ) operating at basement Centrepoint doing ?, he loses more than $2.2m , using Premium ingredient and quality cannot be compromised . . . ?

(edited)
1 hour ago, Meanmachine said:

Talking about lifestyle rest, I really wonder how is the Singaporean owner Mr Young Tony ( MIsato ) operating at basement Centrepoint doing ?, he loses more than $2.2m , using Premium ingredient and quality cannot be compromised . . . ?

Already vacated fr basement liao if I rem correctly. Was quite long since I went Centrepoint, but seems like you have not been there since CB 🤣

Based on its FB, it seems to be at L1 now.

Edited by badlammy
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Well, our country has a long history of producing smart people, in fact, throw a stone and you'll likely hit a scholar of some kind :grin:

However, intelligence is not resilience and business owners that refuses to adapt will just be left behind (after a ton of complains).

I'm just sick of change management, leave it to the folks in the ivory tower, hopefully they have the resiliency.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

I support the coffee shop business model.

The profit from cups of local kopi and tea itself is huge.

I show my full support by buying Kimly shares.

Besides owning the kopi/tea stalls, they also own the other profit-making stalls like Tze Char and Chye Png.

Edited by Albeniz
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

(edited)
On 5/22/2021 at 3:10 PM, Beregond said:

u enter cos u love food, u love cooking, u love to see ppl enjoying your food, u dun mind hands on and long hours and min profit, u stand a chance.

Then it's better to work for one who puts in the money to open the f and B place, and get paid while cooking, see people enjoying your food and work long hours. 

Best thing, after a while when bored, can move on to see new people eating your new food at a new place. 

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Praise 4

On 5/22/2021 at 2:38 PM, Meanmachine said:

Running and Managing  a F&B business is pretty hard nowsaday, let's skip the MOM law , hiring, training , CPF process, I speak on behalf of few of my former F&B bosses

1-  Fast food American coy- There sold the franchise business and yet raking in millions simply  they apply technology of apps, EDM and G assistance on Enterprising Singapore Entrepreneur. one of the Maker of Choice here.- When I asked the Chief this Q-" Sir, How many stores do you expect to open here in Singapore ? " - He calmly replied :" The Sky the limit. " [laugh]

2- American Family Restaurant & Lounge - this chain died couples of year ago - with only one Ang Mo GM managing the set-up with a Financial Accountant, only the Ang Mo idiot made majority decision, less than 6 branches and he single-handedly destroyed it faster than he can chew, God Blessed America [wave]

3- A Foreign Buffet and Ala-carte Rest - One of the rare restaurant who has successfully made in here with local coaches bring in tourist lunch and dinner crowds in its hey days are calling for help, the boss " Tahan and Tong " he almost wanted to SOS, I told him this sharing : " I said, bro, it is how much you can bleed month-in month-out ?,  the longer you bleed and others F&B will  close, You win liao lor . . " Now he is still around making new plan, now fighting again for ( Heightened Alert Lockdown ). it is not lack of foresight or G's assistance . . . not daring enough to take up technology to compete with equal big boys, shortage of cash flow.

4- This group of Food people are hugh, one of the biggest F&B group in Singapore, their operation mode are slightly different -they owned many brand names in most Malls food courts, Eateries, even as far as Changi Airport Jewels & Terminals . . . their operation heist is now taking over FNB establishment that are about to close, seizure & assignment deal, the past 2 months they have been busy busy acquiring many many establishment here over North, South Central and some say . . . cannot share too much 

One door Closes is another one Opening . . .[grouphug]

Last one was previously Public listed then privatised? 

Turbocharged
On 5/22/2021 at 3:10 PM, Beregond said:

reminds me of this. lol

https://worldnewsdailyreport.com/french-chef-forced-to-admit-secret-ingredient-in-creme-souffle-was-semen-after-37-customers-contract-herpes/

• Haha! 2

What is Ministry of Food.  I have never heard of it.  Of course never tried it either.  *Yawn*  save them for what?  Are they SIA? 

↡ Advertisement