Daniel Ong, Jaime Teo underpay Twelve Cupcakes workers

Throttle2

30 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

My only comment is that we cannot use this one case to determine that all business owner are not ethical or what and to create even more regulations or what and make businesses tougher and more expensive to operate. 

There will always have this type of rotten apples in the community. But then it does not mean that it is widespread. 

24 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

My only comment is that we cannot use this one case to determine that all business owner are not ethical or what and to create even more regulations or what and make businesses tougher and more expensive to operate. 

There will always have this type of rotten apples in the community. But then it does not mean that it is widespread. 

I don’t know what you talking about, man.......muayhahaha

• Haha! 1

5 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

I don’t know what you talking about, man.......muayhahaha

Meaning, hope people don't see it as. See got this type of employer, so we need more regulations to ensure that employer to pay workers correct salary. 

3 hours ago, Yewheng said:

Meaning, hope people don't see it as. See got this type of employer, so we need more regulations to ensure that employer to pay workers correct salary. 

Muayhahahah, buddy sometimes you too straight thinking...

never mind , cheers

• Haha! 2

9 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Taichi to the 3rd party provider, as if he doesn’t know anything. 

Director of the company has to be responsible for everything in the company. I doubt he knows, really. He doesnt work as an HR he wont know the hiring laws. I also dont know. Take a look at the MOM website. It's not a walk in the park. Whoever he hire to do the hiring got he and his ex wife into trouble. 

Like I said because they were the directors in charge back then they will have to be responsible even though it's not their fault. Omg they are likely to face jail time. Even for your company director, if you want to sabo him/her it's actually not difficult. Hahaha....

• Praise 1

36 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Director of the company has to be responsible for everything in the company. I doubt he knows, really. He doesnt work as an HR he wont know the hiring laws. I also dont know. Take a look at the MOM website. It's not a walk in the park. Whoever he hire to do the hiring got he and his ex wife into trouble. 

Like I said because they were the directors in charge back then they will have to be responsible even though it's not their fault. Omg they are likely to face jail time. Even for your company director, if you want to sabo him/her it's actually not difficult. Hahaha....

the company is not big, he was the CEO but still bao sua bao hai, confirm he knew what he was doing. Too bad company sold liao can still come back to haunt him.

• Praise 4

1 minute ago, Jman888 said:

the company is not big, he was the CEO but still bao sua bao hai, confirm he knew what he was doing. Too bad company sold liao can still come back to haunt him.

you can do anything you want ... just make sure you don't get caught ... [lipsrsealed] 

• Haha! 2

38 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Small company leh. How not to know? It's not a 10000 man company which dozens of depts/divisions.

BTW, go to the first post of this thread where he was writing about all his excellent HR policies. If he doesn't know, then still can write so much bulls**t?

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

5 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

ya confirm he know about it.

but maybe that time he dun know its so serious. the first thought is can save some money why not. 

• Praise 1

If you think about it, it is not the foreign worker who suffered a loss. FW actually gained as they got a permit and a job that they would not otherwise be eligible for.

The real victim is the Singaporean worker who lost their job to a FW.

I say jail this fcker and his stupid wife too.

Edited by ToyotaShuttle
  • Praise 3

7 minutes ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

If you think about it, it is not the foreign worker who suffered a loss. FW actually gained as they got a permit and a job that they would not otherwise be eligible for.

GREED has no LIMIT

even they play by the rule they still make handsome profits but .... we all know what happen

• Praise 1

7 minutes ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

That job is no different from gig economy.  Zero career progression.

• Praise 2

1 minute ago, inlinesix said:

That job is no different from gig economy.  Zero career progression.

If it is decently paid, no career progression also nevermind.

Why must everything be about career progression or advancement? Maybe some are happy to live on 3k a month (inflation adjusted)?

Edited by ToyotaShuttle
  • Shocked 1

3 minutes ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

If it is decently paid, no career progression also nevermind.

Why must everything be about career progression or advancement? Maybe some are happy to live on 3k a month (inflation adjusted)?

While the fixed monthly salaries of those in customer service and sales roles were stated as ranging from $2,200 to $2,600, they were paid only about $1,400 to $2,050 by the company.

• Shocked 1

37 minutes ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

Small company leh. How not to know? It's not a 10000 man company which dozens of depts/divisions.

BTW, go to the first post of this thread where he was writing about all his excellent HR policies. If he doesn't know, then still can write so much bulls**t?

Doesnt need a lot of manpower to setup a company. It's not easy to know the hiring rules and understand it. I only knew he previous worked as a radio DJ and not a HR director. The impression is he wont know much about hiring, that's why he got other ppl to do it. What he brag about most likely is other ppl's work and not his. Anyway we also dunno what his HR told him and I doubt he seeked any 2nd opinion. I have heard of many stories, this is nothing new.

• Praise 1

3 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

You are quoting the current wage bracket where we are allowing any tom dick and harry foreigner to come in and push wages down so of course it is low. 

Restrict the foreigners and wages for low skilled Singaporeans will go up.

↡ Advertisement