Daniel Ong, Jaime Teo underpay Twelve Cupcakes workers

Throttle2

1 minute ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

You are quoting the current wage bracket where we are allowing any tom dick and harry foreigner to come in and push wages down so of course it is low. 

Restrict the foreigners and wages for low skilled Singaporeans will go up.

It is always ez to say so.

High Rental, High Wages. 

Who pays for it?

That's why we are "Expensive City".

↡ Advertisement

15 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Doesnt need a lot of manpower to setup a company. It's not easy to know the hiring rules and understand it. I only knew he previous worked as a radio DJ and not a HR director. The impression is he wont know much about hiring, that's why he got other ppl to do it. What he brag about most likely is other ppl's work and not his. Anyway we also dunno what his HR told him and I doubt he seeked any 2nd opinion. I have heard of many stories, this is nothing new.

He's been an entrepreneur for more than a decade liao. I doubt he didn't know. I think he's quite hands on. He set up quite a number of ventures.

Definitely not someone who just provides capital and some basic helicopter guidance.

• Praise 9

14 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

It is always ez to say so.

High Rental, High Wages. 

Who pays for it?

That's why we are "Expensive City".

high rental is a function of demand is supply.

If wage cost go up but income remains the same, businesses will be less willing to pay high rental and it will naturally have to come down. Other costs might also come down.

1 minute ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

high rental is a function of demand is supply.

If wage cost go up but income remains the same, businesses will be less willing to pay high rental and it will naturally have to come down. Other costs might also come down.

It looks like easier to squeeze wages than rental le.

Are you sure your theory works?

Sometimes really pity those small and medium size F&B bosses lo ...

wants to employ locals but locals not keen due to working hours and wages ... 

pay more to hire local workers but cost will go up hence needs to price their food higher but locals kbkp ...

wants to employ fw legally but manpower laws on quota makes it almost impossible to meet . 7 locals then you can have 1 FW ... 

really Jin pai tan lo ...

• Praise 7

1 hour ago, Wt_know said:

you can do anything you want ... just make sure you don't get caught ... [lipsrsealed] 

Get caught then taichi lor.

2 hours ago, Watwheels said:

Director of the company has to be responsible for everything in the company. I doubt he knows, really. He doesnt work as an HR he wont know the hiring laws. I also dont know. Take a look at the MOM website. It's not a walk in the park. Whoever he hire to do the hiring got he and his ex wife into trouble. 

Like I said because they were the directors in charge back then they will have to be responsible even though it's not their fault. Omg they are likely to face jail time. Even for your company director, if you want to sabo him/her it's actually not difficult. Hahaha....

I’m quite sure he know.

• Praise 1

On 11/25/2013 at 9:54 PM, AhJason said:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10152024611502631&id=256318402630

Here's the Real truth. Pls help in getting the truth out there.

Dear TRS,

This is daniel ong. CEO and founder of twelve cupcakes . I'm in hkg now, but I do see a need to revert .

I think the real caption to this should be..." Is TRS being fair? " .

You write us a message at 9am in the morning , and say you will publish this at night if we don't revert. We see that you go against your word and publish it at 10am... Without finding out the facts.
You do so without finding out the REAL truth, and also not finding out whether your info is right or wrong. It's pretty obvious from your lack of research that you don't care about right or wrong, you just care about sensationalizing a story. But I guess as people who run such a website , you don't really care about credibility to what you wrote as long as you have readership.

All your facts and figures are wrong btw, And I will be granting other more credible sites interviews and insights to the real truth. Would love to speak to reporters who bother to find out both sides of any story. The truth will prevail. And I'm not worried. Lets just say, after the truth is known, your credibility will be at stake here, and the embarrassment of your baseless and unresearched article will be the main focus. I'm appalled at how unprofessional you guys are. But I keep forgetting you are not a news agency. You don't need ethics.You are just some guys behind computer screens running a website.

To clear the air, For the record, our foreign workers earn more than what you claim . They don't work 12 hours a day like what you said. They arn't disgruntled like what you described. They are paid OT for the extra hours they work as stipulated in written contracts with them, unlike what you so baselessly state.

Our foreign work force accounts for less than 10% of our workforce. They work for 11 hours a day. Of that there's 1.5 hours of break, and of the 9.5 hours of work they do everyday, we pay the OT past the 44 hour mark in accordance to MOM guidelines. Infact, you probably didn't know that their work in a kitchen is usually done in half a day, leaving a lot of time for downtime.

Our foreign workforce want to work more, and earn more in the time that they are here. Back in their homelands, they would earn far worse wages with longer work hours.

Here's a screamer for you, I'd like to state the fact that twelve cupcakes is one of the best places to work in Singapore! Higher starting salaries than most companies, great promotion prospects ... And....

We are one of few FnB companies that have such great perks.

- 8 hour work days
-paid lunch time (mon to Thursday)
-anything more is OT pay(X1.5)
-5.5 days unlike some companies who do 6 days.
-$150 incentive EVERY month for EVERY employee for staying healthy and being on time.
-year end bonuses
-great work environment where you are encouraged to have fun, tell jokes and laugh.
-all HR benefits in accordance to MOM guidelines.

Why don't you write about that? Oh wait, that's not sensational enough. Ahhhh...And that's the truth.

I'm writing now btw not because I think I need to answer your baseless allegations... But because people are entitled to the truth and the REAL story, unlike the content on your website.

I also won't be bothering with going to the lawyers as well because I'm nice like that. And I really believe in karma.

Anyways, have a Nice life anyways and lift what you'd like from this email to "suit " your article. We have done nothing wrong, we are steadfast, we love our staff to bits... And judging from how many staff have written to me to express their solidarity... I think twelve cupcakes has done a fantastic job.

"Happy food by happy people for happy people" ...and I intend to stay true to it. May you find joy in what you do, and thank you so much for patronizing twelve cupcakes!

Daniel ong
CEO
Twelve cupcakes pte ltd

Revert: return to (a previous state, practice, topic, etc.).

Dunno why many people want to go back to being an ape 🙂

• Haha! 1

19 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

F&B bosses always say can’t find local workers....because the working hours are long and pay is pathetic. 

How much Macdonalds pay? I see them hire local aunties all the time.

Some even got XMM.

Edited by ToyotaShuttle

14 minutes ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

Some even got XMM.

Don’t know leh.

6 hours ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

If you think about it, it is not the foreign worker who suffered a loss. FW actually gained as they got a permit and a job that they would not otherwise be eligible for.

The real victim is the Singaporean worker who lost their job to a FW.

I say jail this fcker and his stupid wife too.

Throw the book at the goatee

But the ex wife ok lah, can still eye candy for MILF fans....lol

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

Some even got XMM.

I dont think is good. But you can see that they are the market leader for hiring seniors and retirees working part time. My friend's grandma worked before. Mainly to kill time, interact with others and make some pocket money. Other than those, the rest are mainly students working part time during holidays. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4