Ct3833

14 hours ago, DylanChen said:

their people dont care.
let them die better.

all stay inside n die.

If sg in trouble u know wad other countries will be saying to us

Let us die better

All stay inside n die

Dun forget we dun have natural resources not even water at least not enough for the whole country now 

One day our big brother shut off our water supply

Dun complain becuz u asked for it

If u gt nth gd to say, dun say anything atvall

Edited by StreetFight3r
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

8 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

but PRC govt comes down with "iron fist" and beat the problem

India still wishy washy and go river mandi 1/2 naked ... [laugh] 

i see india govt is a total failure ...

a. they cant get their act together ... everyone do different things

b. they have no idea ... no strategy what to do

c. even they have idea ... they dont know how to do it

d. last but not least ... they just given up ... look into magic coconut and whatever happen ... happens ... 

The point is how the media potrays diff scenario

when ccp didn’t report they said cover up

when ccp used iron fist and enforced lockdown in wuhan, media said is against human right and freedom

Of course bureaucracy in India is too complex and typical india govt is that they always hard to come up with a decision or keep changing the decision. Slow in implementing policy. These contributes to the slow response of india govt. 

i still remember how india govt promote yoga to counter covid last year😂

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 6

3 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

When the leader doesn't walk the talk... Enough said

how come he never kena covid huh ... covid can recognise him?

ah trump kor kena covid (is it true?)

brazil PM kena covid

even UK BJ kena covid

all these leaders never believe in wearing mask and keep saying covid is just a flu ... will go away

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2

4 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

yoga ok la ... at least stay healthy

wait kena ask drink cow urine ... must be super fresh out from the "pipe" one

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 4

2 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

yoga ok la ... at least stay healthy

wait kena ask drink cow urine ... must be super fresh out from the "pipe" one

But if yoga with covid ppl no longer healthy😅

3 hours ago, Vid said:

Yes, hard to feel sorry for India for being complacent.

However, if the world was to get back to normal, every country has to either be vaccinated or at least have measures to prevent outbreaks. If they are not doing their part, the world has to chip in no matter how reluctant or knowing how much they deserve their current situation because sooner or later, they will spread to other countries.

From hindsight.. even if the celebration was curtail , the India authorities will have double whammy.. cannot celebrate yet situations not contain.

Religious back lash from the religious leader and the commoners

and now ?

well now at least the next time there is a benchmark of sort to learn from.

with words of wisdom even if I am a dumb a$$ I can say.. let’s rewind the tape and learn from our past to work towards the future

from annotated evidence previously, if we are not vigilant, we will face another melt down like what we experienced during the double mutation covid period .

I bet 90% will be more willing to listen to death bed calling if don’t have safe distancing 

Edited by Sdf4786k

3 hours ago, Watwheels said:

IMO they have became complacent thinking they are a country that can produce a sh!t load of the vaccine. The unfortunate thing is that the vaccine isnt a miracle drug. Ppl are able to get reinfection even after taking the vaccine. What is effective now are the wearing of mask properly, safe distancing and tracking/isolation.

Personally, and I've mentioned it elsewhere, we cannot meet the Zero Infections target even for those with vaccine given the good ones still only rate at 90% effective.

The UK and Israel are proving that vaccines do work. Maybe not a miracle, but after the last 12months, is not far away.

I told my office staff last week that over the next year or two I fully expect to get COVID, it might be unavoidable, but that with SG using Pfizer and Moderna there should be no personal medical or SG health service negative side effect - provided the take-up rate here is high, which it appears to be. The vaccine should stop serious illness and, hopefully, stop transmission at least to a high percentage. Of course, nobody wants COVID, but we should expect to get it, and medicate it like a bad flu.

The more people that catch COVID and survive, with or without a vaccine (with, is safer, obviously) the quicker we can get through this.

I believe, just as the CDC-US is progressing, those that are vaccinated should be given more freedoms in a community with a high vaccination rate. With a vaccine, catch COVID or not, the body and community builds antibodies over and over again. Those that need it, can be vaccinated annually.

• Praise 1

38 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

The point is how the media potrays diff scenario

when ccp didn’t report they said cover up

when ccp used iron fist and enforced lockdown in wuhan, media said is against human right and freedom

Of course bureaucracy in India is too complex and typical india govt is that they always hard to come up with a decision or keep changing the decision. Slow in implementing policy. These contributes to the slow response of india govt. 

Actually the numbers vs the billions of population is still ok. Very small percentage vs US rates and death.

I think not such a big issue looking from a math sum.  Having say that what is worrying is this .

The WHO acknowledged that its preliminary modelling based on sequences submitted to GISAID indicates "that B1617 has a higher growth rate than other circulating variants in India, suggesting potential increased transmissibility".

It stressed that other variants circulating at the same time were also showing increased transmissibility, and that the combination "may be playing a role in the current resurgence in this country".

"Indeed, studies have highlighted that the spread of the second wave has been much faster than the first," the WHO said.

It highlighted though that "other drivers" could be contributing to the surge, including lax adherence to public health measures as well as mass gatherings.

if the variant comes in undetected, what ever good we have maintained could become irrelevant.

• Praise 1

11 minutes ago, bsswan said:

Personally, and I've mentioned it elsewhere, we cannot meet the Zero Infections target even for those with vaccine given the good ones still only rate at 90% effective.

The UK and Israel are proving that vaccines do work. Maybe not a miracle, but after the last 12months, is not far away.

I told my office staff last week that over the next year or two I fully expect to get COVID, it might be unavoidable, but that with SG using Pfizer and Moderna there should be no personal medical or SG health service negative side effect - provided the take-up rate here is high, which it appears to be. The vaccine should stop serious illness and, hopefully, stop transmission at least to a high percentage. Of course, nobody wants COVID, but we should expect to get it, and medicate it like a bad flu.

The more people that catch COVID and survive, with or without a vaccine (with, is safer, obviously) the quicker we can get through this.

I believe, just as the CDC-US is progressing, those that are vaccinated should be given more freedoms in a community with a high vaccination rate. With a vaccine, catch COVID or not, the body and community builds antibodies over and over again. Those that need it, can be vaccinated annually.

But are you confident that the current vaccines is able to provide immunity to the mutated variants be it double or N+1 from India?

I think a better immigration control now is required to mitigate the risk of infection.. but some May label me an alarmist .

I am old school. Prevention better than cure 

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 2

25 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

Actually the numbers vs the billions of population is still ok. Very small percentage vs US rates and death.

I think not such a big issue looking from a math sum.  Having say that what is worrying is this .

The WHO acknowledged that its preliminary modelling based on sequences submitted to GISAID indicates "that B1617 has a higher growth rate than other circulating variants in India, suggesting potential increased transmissibility".

It stressed that other variants circulating at the same time were also showing increased transmissibility, and that the combination "may be playing a role in the current resurgence in this country".

"Indeed, studies have highlighted that the spread of the second wave has been much faster than the first," the WHO said.

It highlighted though that "other drivers" could be contributing to the surge, including lax adherence to public health measures as well as mass gatherings.

if the variant comes in undetected, what ever good we have maintained could become irrelevant.

I watch taiwan news said that this new variant cant detect by swab test and vaccine might not work too. And it spreads few times easily. Really worry for India

• Haha! 1

22 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

But are you confident that the current vaccines is able to provide immunity to the mutated variants be it double or N+1 from India?

I think a better immigration control now is required to mitigate the risk of infection.. but some May label me an alarmist .

Yah and india still want to hold election🤪

• Haha! 2

32 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

Honestly, yes, I am confident in mMRA vaccines reducing the chances of catching Indian COVID by 70-90% and reducing serious illness by the same, at this moment. With earlier COVID versions, efficacy is still around 90%. The UK also just confirmed vaccines, in general, reduce transmissibility by 50% after one shot, at this moment so if you take the 70-90% reduced chance of catching COVID and combining with a 50% chance of the person next to you transmitting it, the odds are suddenly improved greatly.

From what I've read so far, the mutated type in India is super virulent but not any more deadly. I believe the spread and death rates are high there because few have been vaccinated, hospitals are in poor state, nobody masks or distances etc. Add 10m people dipping in the Ganges three weeks ago before going home and, boom.

Edited by bsswan
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

3 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Yah and india still want to hold election🤪

Many other countries like .. hmmm 🤔 have done it without drama ..

Some not so lucky and all I can say is , if it goes well, it’s the superiority of the country with best practices that stands out .

for others not so lucky.. well the luck not with them but it’s water under the bridge.. 😂 people have poor memory and some have selected reasoning skills.

• Praise 1

2 minutes ago, bsswan said:

Honestly, yes, I am confident in mMRA vaccines reducing the chances of catching Indian COVID by 70-90% and reducing serious illness by the same, at this moment. With earlier COVID versions, efficacy is still around 90%. The UK also just confirmed vaccines, in general, reduce transmissibility by 50%, at this moment so if you take the 70-90% reduced chance of catching COVID and combining with a 50% chance of the person next to you transmitting it, the odds are suddenly improved greatly.

From what I've read so far, the mutated type in India is super virulent but not any more deadly. I believe the spread and death rates are high there because few have been vaccinated, hospitals are in poor state, nobody masks or distances etc. Add 10m people dipping in the Ganges three weeks ago before going home and, boom.

What you have described is like buying Toto.. chances of striking is very dismal.

but if it becomes a full blown transmission.. we would be in a desperate anxious lockdown mode with toilet paper skyrocketing prices again.

butvat least this time I know which equity stock to buy .. 

• Haha! 2

8 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

What you have described is like buying Toto.. chances of striking is very dismal.

but if it becomes a full blown transmission.. we would be in a desperate anxious lockdown mode with toilet paper skyrocketing prices again.

butvat least this time I know which equity stock to buy .. 

The key is to get 70-80% of Singapore vaccinated, and as quickly as possible.

Whilst this may not stop infection, it should stop illness.

3 minutes ago, bsswan said:

The key is to get 70-80% of Singapore vaccinated, and as quickly as possible.

Whilst this may not stop infection, it should stop illness.

Yes for the communities cases.  :we-all-gonna-die:

But our daily imported cases, CMI ...  :lll._.:

Ask ICA & MOM, how come ?

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1