Young Local Tech Founder Success Story

Supercharged
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 9

(edited)

Impressive at such age. Definitely should be featured in CNA instead of that scammer from south asia😂

Edited by Thaiyotakamli
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

Actually I don't quite understand this e-commerce business thingy. There's no physical product, just a service. And the service is nothing novel. Any e-commerce platform is much the same as the other. They would need the same kind of manpower skills, designing web interface, search algorithm, etc. To online shoppers like me, it's all the same, I only look at the products on sale and the pricing.

So what is there to differentiate one e-commerce business or support services from another? How to get rich from this? Ok, I know the way to get rich is to quickly sell off the business to bigger player [laugh] but what makes it so sell-able?? Anyone also can have such a business set up - all the same model and purpose.

Edited by Sosaria

1 hour ago, Sosaria said:

Actually I don't quite understand this e-commerce business thingy. There's no physical product, just a service. And the service is nothing novel. Any e-commerce platform is much the same as the other. They would need the same kind of manpower skills, designing web interface, search algorithm, etc. To online shoppers like me, it's all the same, I only look at the products on sale and the pricing.

So what is there to differentiate one e-commerce business or support services from another? How to get rich from this? Ok, I know the way to get rich is to quickly sell off the business to bigger player [laugh] but what makes it so sell-able?? Anyone also can have such a business set up - all the same model and purpose.

It's the volume game...Type of merchants on board as well. Great potential merchants with vast volume also mean more data in hand...everyone wants data...even the young kids in every household 😁

Cma saw something in nol which someone inside couldn't see...thus we take umbrage...😁

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Sosaria said:

Amazon, Alibaba are the global powerhouse.... they own no inventory, earn cut from POS.

in Singapore, Lazada, Shopee, Carousell??

Twincharged
(edited)

The world is changing so very quickly with previously acceptable social norms being challenged or do away with.

The next or younger generation is extremely vulnerable. There is so much bombardment of information from the traditional media to social media. What is right and what is wrong sometimes depended on the time of day it had been reported.

Firstly, we too often see success as monetary success for an individual. Suddenly, someone who can't get into Harvard but turned billionaire many times over eg Alibaba, are sort after for all kinds of advice from personal issues to a country's woes. Can sudden wealth infused so much knowledge and wisdom into a person?

Secondly, as we moved to the digital realm and recently zoom classes and etc, there is a worrying lack of social interactions among our youths. Human are social animals as such we are at risk of creating an anti-social individuals or society who looks at suffering as a visual story without any emotional connection.

Thirdly, in sports unless you are number 1, anything else is irrelevant. Then where is the spirit of games that they preach.

Lastly, social values and norms would change as we become more and more materialistic. We need to appreciate eg there is a greater sacrifice for a lower income individual to sacrifice $100 to help their neighbor in putting food on their table than a billionaire with private planes and yachts donating $100000 to a charity organization which is tax deductible and publicity. Both are doing some good but it is in our nature to awe the latter.

This returns us to the root question: how do we measure success?

PS This is not to make small of those successes reported but we need to re-valuate how we value and celebrate those other successes that does not make to our headlines.

Edited by Ash2017
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1