Very bad fuel consumption 🥴

BabyBlade

Internal Moderator

7.5km/l on my last tank yikes! I can do bad fc but this is super duper bad on a tiny 1.5L car. Was on Esso 95 previously on the 7.5km/l, just pumped Caltex 95 + Techron Complete Fuel System Cleaner and monitoring but so far no improvements.

Any suggestions to achieve better fuel consumption so that I can at least make it to KL in one tank? Deciding to stop at Ayer Keroh R&R for A&W should be by choice, not by force. 😆 

Please help me get from very bad fc to okok fc hahaha. 🥴

71swpbsQ5cL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Shocked 2
  • Haha! 2

Try doing 100km on pure expressway and with cruise control.. if cannot even get 10km/l, something is wrong with the engine. May need to do overhaul or walnut blasting to clear carbon.

• Praise 2

Supersonic
4 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

7.5km/l on my last tank yikes! I can do bad fc but this is super duper bad on a tiny 1.5L car. Was on Esso 95 previously on the 7.5km/l, just pumped Caltex 95 + Techron Complete Fuel System Cleaner and monitoring but so far no improvements.

Any suggestions to achieve better fuel consumption so that I can at least make it to KL in one tank? Deciding to stop at Ayer Keroh R&R for A&W should be by choice, not by force. 😆 

Put an 🥚 under gas pedal? 😅

Most times it depends on the type of driving or hard driving. Other tips may be :

1. Dun be first off the start line every time. 

2. Keep to optimum cruise speed and keep light food I mean foot on pedal. 

3. Avoid stop start zoomz stop start zoomz within kind of driving. 

4. Plan journey ahead. Dun get stuck in jams and butter. And making many u-turns cos got lost. 

5. Check tire health and air pressure. 

6. Check health of fuel tank. Usually change at 100-120km mileage. 

These are my suggestions. Wait for better ones. 

Stay safe 

Cheers 

• Praise 3

Hypersonic

@BabyBlade 

7.5km/l on a 1.5L car is really abnormal, and I dont suppose anything done can bring it to at least 10km/l. 

what was your avg consumption before this 7.5km/l? If it is a slow drop, check your fuel tank. 

I had once gotten a leakage on my fuel tank, and my FC kept increasing slowly until it was totally unacceptable.

Find a slope, park and off engine, with a torchlight, check if there is any liquid dripping, petrol smell is quite strong also.  

Make sure off engine when you check, for your own safety....^_^[laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Offhand I cannot think of any 1.5 litre that functions remotely close to 7.5km/litre so its unlikely to be driving habits. I mean, I used to have a 1.5 litre and drove it aggressively everywhere and never got less than 11km/litre.

You should get your O2 sensors checked out, if your car doesn't already have a CEL light on. Its probably running very rich which will eventually damage your catalytic converter if you still have it installed. 

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

That's slightly worse than my old 2.5T. I find Sinopec 95 gives better mileage compared to SPC 95. Plus 30 grade engine oil helps too. 

PS you sure you don't have old flower eyes and mistook 7.5 l/100km?

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 11

Internal Moderator
3 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

That's slightly worse than my old 2.5T. I find Sinopec 95 gives better mileage compared to SPC 95. Plus 30 grade engine oil helps too. 

PS you sure you don't have old flower eyes and mistook 7.5 l/100km?

I wish but I have perfect eyesight. 7.5km/l on the vehicle's average fc and also by manual calculation. On the odo it was 257km.

Reply everyone else tmrw. Having gastric pain! 

• Sad 1

Turbocharged
41 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

What is your car?

5 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

I wish but I have perfect eyesight. 7.5km/l on the vehicle's average fc and also by manual calculation. On the odo it was 257km.

Listen to you ur engine... is your engine note crispy or muted? When you step on the gas is the car accelerating normally?  Guess one of the sensors fouled.  You should make it to a mechanic instead of KL 😂😬

• Haha! 3

16 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

For me, it's always the heart that is painful when I get high FC...😁

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

(edited)
22 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

That really bad FC for 1.5l engine. 

Mine was similar to Volvobrick 2.5T.... last 6 months before I scrapped the car, FC was around 7km per litre down to 6.5km at the last few tank.....I am a heavy footer. 

Don't tell me your car is rotary engine? 

But the rotary engine I can recall is 1.3l RX7. 

Edited by Atonchia
  • Haha! 3

Twincharged
25 minutes ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

What is your car?

I think she bought a Suzuki swift. Not sure if manual or auto. 
I think it is best to go to a workshop with scan tools and do a live logging of the data. Can then see which component is the culprit. 
it could be that the car was tuned before and now running super rich. 

• Praise 4

Hypersonic

This one for your gastric

image.thumb.png.b5908c502011dc309effa9c26b684115.png

This one for your engine fc

image.thumb.png.0ce21c718a34a6a88902db33a19cba2b.png

image.png.8b7b7878cf7c45de6ade084652ac54f3.png

185/60R15 Energy XM2 - correct air pressure

image.png.f825b9d3d6f0d69a34502f9ed2ca9f10.png

Nice new fluid for transvestite

image.thumb.png.a24ca3f2785baec9139d64c25ac69c54.png

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, BabyBlade said:

Better fc is

-not to idle in carpark long

-go expressway more, let go accelerator when downslope. Use less brake and try not tailgate. Stay lane 2 best. Constant gas pedal is good

-use waze avoid jam

• Praise 4

(edited)

use lower wt. engine oil (e.g. 0W30)
fuel system cleaner containing PEA (e.g. Techron or Redline SL-1)
spark plugs (if they have not been changed for a while, might be fouled/due for change)

the above are some of the usual suspects, feel free to add on

Edited by Mits_jc
add
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged
6 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

I think she bought a Suzuki swift. Not sure if manual or auto. 
I think it is best to go to a workshop with scan tools and do a live logging of the data. Can then see which component is the culprit. 
it could be that the car was tuned before and now running super rich. 

A Suzuki Swift fuel consumption can't be this figure generally...

If it is engine related then better let car workshops check it out.

Other factors may be under-inflated tyres, excessive idling while waiting for people etc.

TS mentioned this figure is for her last tank. Might the it's a one-off thing though.