The Most Expensive Car: Rolls Royce Boat Tail

Carbon82

8 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

Err the utensils eat and disposed off? Wow didn't realized I am talking to an ultra rich here. :D  :D  :D

Don't bluff people lah, you are one of the 3 buyers right? Don't forget to invite me to molest your car when it landed here, OK? [grin]

A COE pickup will do, and plus all the utensils from Ikea, will cost <$28K. The most important thing is the partner, not the car, correct or not? [idea]

1950sPickupTruckPicnic__Eastport_Photogr

16-608-multifolds-photography-my-3_DSC_2

BTW, the rumored buyer for the Boat Tail are Jay-Z and Beyonce.

Jay-Z And Beyonce Rumored To Be The Mystery Commissioners Behind Rolls-Royce’s $28M Boat Tail

Last week, Rolls-Royce unveiled the Boat Tail, a $28 million coachbuilt convertible with an extravagant hosting suite in the trunk limited to three units. They never mentioned the names of any of the three commissioners, but news outlets such as The Telegraph have reason to believe the couple behind the inaugural example is none other than that of Jay-Z and Beyonce.

At first it may sound like baseless speculation, but there is actually some pretty convincing evidence in favor of this theory. First, Rolls-Royce mentioned that a compartment in the Boat Tail’s trunk has been specifically designed to house a bottle of Armand de Brignac chilled precisely to six degrees Celsius, as it was the client’s favorite champagne. Coincidentally, Jay-Z had apparently sold a 50 percent stake in the beverage company earlier this year.

Second, the car is supposed to evoke the scenic roads of the Cote D’Azur, which happens to be a place the celebrity couple frequently visits and supposedly enjoys outdoor picnics, which would explain the hosting suite in the trunk.

Rolls-Royce head of coachbuild design Alex Innes further alluded to that, saying, “I enjoyed many meetings with the owner and his wife at their home – they were wonderfully welcoming. They like to serve food in the mezze style, so we talked about the sense of hosting and grandeur which had to be part of this car. We road tested with everything on board at 155mph, just to ensure there are no rattles.[jawdrop]

Finally, the Boat Tail is finished in a plethora of different blues all throughout the car, however one specific shade in the interior is apparently called Blue Ivy, which is also the name of Jay-Z and Beyonce’s nine-year-old daughter. The Telegraph’s industry sources also reported that Jay-Z signed the underside of the Rolls-Royce motif on the grille, Beyonce signed underneath the rear badge, and both left their signatures on the engine manifold.

Rolls-Royce-Boat-Tail-5.jpeg

Have to take my hat off for those paparazzo (and the CSI team behind)... 

tenor.gif

Dun pray pray

COE pigkarp not cheap also, at least more expensive than COE RX350 depre 😂

I can only afford COE every 😭 after I sell my car (bad economy)

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Can't quite visualize how the rear wine compartments, fold up umbrella and trays are being used though. 

Does this RR comes with some foldable chairs? 

Edited by Lethalstrike
Ok, apparently it does comes with matching folding stools.

Hypersonic
On 5/28/2021 at 8:18 PM, Carbon82 said:

Let not talk about its price first, but do you find it attractive, or practical? :a-anyone:

This is a coach built model by RR (not 3rd party) and only 3 unit were built, and all have been taken. 

Now, don't fall off the chair. Each unit cost US$28mil (~$$37mil), which can get you a decent GCB. And if you factor in all the vehicle taxes payable here, this Boat Tail is going to cost >S$100mil, just to put it on the road!!!

rolls-royce_boat_tail_8_01ed004a05e403f8

Just the rear lights

image.thumb.png.2e4131d5adc0afe7f373189463804801.png