Malaysia Full Lockdown from June 1 to June 14 2021 ):

Ody_2004

31 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Yes to the former. It's a virology lab so they would be doing all kind of tests.

Totally possible that it is a naturally selected virus (whether through accelerated means via a lab). 

But what is the distinguishing factor of a wild type coronavirus vs that of a genetically modified coronavirus? Can you distinguish? I dunno. So I don't make presumptive comments. 

There was already reports of increased viral pneumonia cases starting in late November. By 23 January it had already overwhelm the Wuhan medical system. 

Heck the virus was already in Europe in November... 

I posted Twitter post previously.

For SARS, it took 5 months to find the host animal.

Till now, host animal has not been found.

43715D91-1E21-497F-92B6-2A482F2EACBE.thumb.jpeg.4b2a4de4203ceda50174b87e00746b6d.jpeg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

19 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Some people claim its bio engineered. 

Not just some people.... Luc Montagnier, 2008 Nobel Prize recipient and world renowned virologist...also believed it too.

Montagnier argued that the Coronavirus disease 2019 was man-made in a laboratory and that it might have been the result of an attempt to create a vaccine for HIV/AIDS. His allegation came after the United States had launched a probe into whether the virus came from a laboratory. According to Montagnier, the "presence of elements of HIV and germ of malaria in the genome of coronavirus is highly suspect and the characteristics of the virus could not have arisen naturally."......, Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, admitted on May 11, 2021 that he is no longer convinced that the COVID-19 pandemic originated naturally.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luc_Montagnier

• Praise 3
  • Shocked 1

2 hours ago, Wt_know said:

hearsay, msia highway and main road all sibei jam

all preparing to balik kampong ... simi lockdown?

Not true. Most parts of the country are currently under MCO. No inter-state and no inter-district travel allowed. The MCO restriction is ongoing, even before the full lockdown begin from 01 June.

You can check the traffic here :

https://www.jalanow.com/malaysia-highways-live-traffic-cameras.htm

• Praise 3

Hypersonic
(edited)
1 hour ago, Odyssey2011 said:

Not just some people.... Luc Montagnier, 2008 Nobel Prize recipient and world renowned virologist...also believed it too.

Montagnier argued that the Coronavirus disease 2019 was man-made in a laboratory and that it might have been the result of an attempt to create a vaccine for HIV/AIDS. His allegation came after the United States had launched a probe into whether the virus came from a laboratory. According to Montagnier, the "presence of elements of HIV and germ of malaria in the genome of coronavirus is highly suspect and the characteristics of the virus could not have arisen naturally."......, Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, admitted on May 11, 2021 that he is no longer convinced that the COVID-19 pandemic originated naturally.

Well. This piqued my curiosity and I did some reading.

Basically None of these articles are peer reviewed. The hiv citation out of India seems to be dismissed even by this virologist who wrote open letter asking more investigation into possible lab leak.

The malaria peptide link seems to have sparked dissenting argument by someone online who said that it's also found in other bacteria etc etc. 

This is probably the most well balanced article on why there's no better info at this point. 

The below virologist finds it unusual that this emerging virus binds so well to ACE2 human protein and wonders if it can be due to lab contamination or experimentation. 

https://www.technologyreview.com/2021/03/18/1021030/coronavirus-leak-wuhan-lab-scientists-conspiracy/

Firstly, I don't think anyone can work back given the inability to trace it back to patient zero (which realistically speaking is never going to happen in the epicenter of a global epidemic). 

@inlinesix

Sars cov 2 is 96% similar to a clade of bat coronaviruses found in horseshoe bats. This virus sample is found in yunnan near the mynamar border. Think its as good as it gets.

Interestingly, somewhere mentioned that SOME workers in that cave had died but not fully revealed by PRC side. 

It seems like most genomic samples of bat coronavirus comes from China. Bats love Asia! There are more than 100 species in China alone. 

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-020-17687-3

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 4

Hypersonic

Sometimes u wonder who will kill us first. 

Some AI lab which develops Skynet. 

Vs

Umbrella corporation which develop a cure for cancer. 

Vs

Some virology lab trying to tinker with viruses. V

Vs

Or alien invasion. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 8

3 hours ago, ER-3682 said:

Esp those Lorry Drivers that bring Food & other Made in M'sia Products.

This group is vaccinated by us I think. 

• Praise 1

(edited)
1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

Basically None of these articles are peer reviewed. The hiv citation out of India seems to be dismissed even by this virologist who wrote open letter asking more investigation into possible lab leak.

Hope it's not from some labs. It’s so important to take the coronavirus pandemic seriously.

But people need to learn from mistakes so that do not run the risk of repeating them. People must develop the wisdom and sense to make good decisions and choices. Good judgment will only develop if you truly learn from your mistakes. Unfortunately, for many people, it takes a few repeats of the same mistake to learn the lesson.

You can only learn from the error of your ways if you recognize the fact that you f**ked up

If it's from some labs..then seriously what have been done to prevent another pandemic?

Edited by Odyssey2011
  • Praise 3

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, Flying_genie said:

Not true. Most parts of the country are currently under MCO. No inter-state and no inter-district travel allowed. The MCO restriction is ongoing, even before the full lockdown begin from 01 June.

You can check the traffic here :

https://www.jalanow.com/malaysia-highways-live-traffic-cameras.htm

PDRM do not (or are unable to) block all the roads. Mainly on highways and major roads. Locals will know the way around the road blocks. Further, the road blocks are not fool-proof.

DG fears health system may collapse amid heavy traffic out of Klang Valley. https://www.malaysiakini.com/news/576662

• Praise 1

Supersonic
10 hours ago, Odyssey2011 said:

Luc Montagnier is a crank. He believes in crazy woo-woo stuff. He is no longer credible. The same applies to quite a few Nobel laureates. 

That having been said, just because a crazy person says it, doesn't mean it can't be true. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

Hypersonic
(edited)
9 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Vs

Vs

Vs

Or alien invasion. 

Or maybe the food we are eating..... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

I told my son just the other day (as we were talking about should he and his siblings be vaccinated) about how 90% of us would either die from cancers or in an accident... 

Surprisingly he agree, and that is one of his main reason to want to do biomedical.....  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Edited by Tianmo
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged
9 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Vs

Vs

Vs

Or alien invasion. 

Or greenhouse climate change. 

covid 19 fast tracked china's rise to parity with USA by 5 years

without using a single soldier or spend a single bullet it devastated the economy of USA

Turbocharged
10 hours ago, Lala81 said:

The malaria peptide link seems to have sparked dissenting argument by someone online who said that it's also found in other bacteria etc etc. 

This is probably the most well balanced article on why there's no better info at this point. 

The below virologist finds it unusual that this emerging virus binds so well to ACE2 human protein and wonders if it can be due to lab contamination or experimentation. 

https://www.technologyreview.com/2021/03/18/1021030/coronavirus-leak-wuhan-lab-scientists-conspiracy/

Firstly, I don't think anyone can work back given the inability to trace it back to patient zero (which realistically speaking is never going to happen in the epicenter of a global epidemic). 

@inlinesix

Sars cov 2 is 96% similar to a clade of bat coronaviruses found in horseshoe bats. This virus sample is found in yunnan near the mynamar border. Think its as good as it gets.

Interestingly, somewhere mentioned that SOME workers in that cave had died but not fully revealed by PRC side. 

It seems like most genomic samples of bat coronavirus comes from China. Bats love Asia! There are more than 100 species in China alone. 

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-020-17687-3

Ya, that French guy seems to be not reputable.
I really don’t think China is being transparent with what happened in wuhan when it started. Prior to lockdown on 23rd jan, there were zero or close to zero reported deaths… the deaths spiked after lock down. To me, if there really is zero deaths prior lockdown, why the hell would you lock down a city, 3 weeks after you reported the outbreak? 

coupled with a lab that deals with coronavirus research, given a choice between wuhan is seriously unlucky vs the virus is of lab origins, I choose lab origin. 

(edited)
1 hour ago, Turboflat4 said:

Luc Montagnier is a crank. He believes in crazy woo-woo stuff. He is no longer credible. The same applies to quite a few Nobel laureates. 

That having been said, just because a crazy person says it, doesn't mean it can't be true. 

Who’s duty to conduct that full, fair and thorough investigation?... Maybe let the truth decide. 

Edited by Odyssey2011

Turbocharged

Melaka Wonton mee at Bukit cina, the wife passed away from covid and husband gave up the business.

we should be careful, yes, it is a real possibility it could be artificial Frankenstein virus but it could also be planted. Horlicks...borrow knife kinda deal.

evolution of well resourced groups could improve from simple direct bombings to viral indirect bombings. The Japan olympics more Teruk than Munich?

Mandalay bay shooting is a call for kooky rich talented guys.

• Praise 1

Before peddling a lab leaking conspiracy theory because of  lack of information about the intermediary animal, please consider this:

SARS happened in 2003. The intermediary animal (civet)  was only found in 2011. The source (cave-dwelling horseshoe bats) was only confirmed in 2017.

Science is a falsification process. Everything is possible until proven otherwise. This is why most of the scientists (reputable ones) said that we cannot rule out the possibility of lab leak, but they also said that the possibility was "extremely unlikely" compared to the transmission path through the animal. Unfortunately, the latter part is often omitted by the media because it does not fit their narrative.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3