Malaysia Full Lockdown from June 1 to June 14 2021 ):

Ody_2004

(edited)
51 minutes ago, Somewhat1975 said:

I thought the common practice is innocent until proven guilty. Asking a guy to prove their innocence without first providing any evidence is not the way a civilized society should work. Otherwise, I can ask you to provide proof that you are not under CIA's payroll and you can ask me for proof that I am not under CCP's payroll. 

“Republicans call for Fauci’s termination over shifting position on Wuhan lab funding”....so not yet terminated. 

Think Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) will investigate  ..... threat of foreign interference

Pro-Beijing professor expelled from Singapore for being 'agent' of foreign power https://in.finance.yahoo.com/news/pro-beijing-professor-expelled-singapore-123219791.html

Edited by Odyssey2011
↡ Advertisement

Supersonic
(edited)
41 minutes ago, Nolicense said:

wait a min.. is there a % of doctors in medicine or medical field who have gotten the nobel prize and then went on to be a crank?

i mean in order to be a leading thinker and make breakthroughs, do you have to be a fringe thinker and border on the incredible.. or after they have got their nobel prize they then ask themselves what next? and start to study the incredible..

I don't know about percentages but Linus Pauling is one. Won 2 Nobels (Chemistry and Peace), not just one. Developed an obsession with megadoses of Vitamin C and how they would cure anything, even cancer. Died being considered a crank.

Louis Ignarro is another. Won a Medicine and Physiology Prize for Nitric Oxide signalling pathways. Became a shill for weird pharma companies pushing cranky beliefs. 

James Watson is another. Co-discovered the structure of the DNA double helix. Promotes all kinds of scientific racism. So widely discredited he couldn't make ends meet and had to sell his Nobel medal for cash-money (the guy who bought it returned it because he was pai seh and got a publicity win from the gesture anyway).

Hardly alone in this. In the non-medical field (actually pretty much @Wind30's field), we have William Shockley, who won a Nobel for co-inventing the transistor (the semiconductor component, not the radio). An even more virulent eugenicist and racist than Watson. 

There are plenty of other geniuses who never won Nobels or Fields Medals - but perfectly capable of either feat - who were nevertheless very nasty and/or insane people. Oswald Teichmuller (Nazi, the OG kind, not the neo kind), Theodore Kaczynski (Unabomber terrorist) etc etc. are a couple of mathematical geniuses who went down a dark path. Even Isaac Newton and Thomas Edison were a**holes. 

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 4

1 hour ago, Somewhat1975 said:

let's assume that you are correct, the virus was leaked from the lab and quickly spread in the community. The virus was so dangerous and  China govt knew about it.  They then locked down the city.

However, the elite of China's Hubei govt seemed to be so stupid that they have a  big assembly 两会 among themselves on 14-18 Jan 2020 despite the lab leak before December. The worst is that none of them practiced social distancing and wore any masks.

http://news.cnhubei.com/2020hblh/index.html

image.thumb.png.cde638e6e9ca102df5433e98949e74d6.png

The outcome for the highest-ranked officers in Hubei

Party Secretary of Hubei-sacked

Governor of Hubei- sacked

Party Secretary of Wuhan-sakced

Mayor of Wuhan (the guy who in charge of Wuhan lockdown and was praised by Xi)- pre-mature retirement

From the perspective of human behavior, how do you explain this?

You are assuming there is quick sharing of information between relevant parties.

Under Xi, you f up and you get slaughtered, so people are scared. Information on the potential danger of Covid may not be fully known to everyone until it is too late.  I also  don’t think it is bioengineered as China didn’t appear totally prepared, so likely a lab accident. 

Anyway, we will never know as the system in China will bury this forever, unless CCP falls. 

• Praise 4

4 hours ago, Odyssey2011 said:

Who’s duty to conduct that full, fair and thorough investigation?... Maybe let the truth decide. 

Maybe after 250 years, internal records will be realised to the public. 😂

Turbocharged
19 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

I don't know about percentages but Linus Pauling is one. Won 2 Nobels (Chemistry and Peace), not just one. Developed an obsession with megadoses of Vitamin C and how they would cure anything, even cancer. Died being considered a crank.

Louis Ignarro is another. Won a Medicine and Physiology Prize for Nitric Oxide signalling pathways. Became a shill for weird pharma companies pushing cranky beliefs. 

James Watson is another. Co-discovered the structure of the DNA double helix. Promotes all kinds of scientific racism. So widely discredited he couldn't make ends meet and had to sell his Nobel medal for cash-money (the guy who bought it returned it because he was pai seh and got a publicity win from the gesture anyway).

Hardly alone in this. In the non-medical field (actually pretty much @Wind30's field), we have William Shockley, who won a Nobel for co-inventing the transistor (the semiconductor component, not the radio). An even more virulent eugenicist and racist than Watson. 

There are plenty of other geniuses who never won Nobels or Fields Medals - but perfectly capable of either feat - who were nevertheless very nasty and/or insane people. Oswald Teichmuller (Nazi, the OG kind, not the neo kind), Theodore Kaczynski (Unabomber terrorist) etc etc. are a couple of mathematical geniuses who went down a dark path. Even Isaac Newton and Thomas Edison were a**holes. 

the world owes a debt of gratitude to racists and a**holes..  🤣

that being said, the dna double helix structure i read that it was some female that did all the photography work and would have discovered this but shared her photo and thats why got beaten to the punch. so i'm not sure if there may be lesser geniuses who would have made the discovery later.. 

even nikola tesla became secluded in later years.. he didnt win a nobel prize or anything i think 

Supersonic
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Nolicense said:

the world owes a debt of gratitude to racists and a**holes..  🤣

that being said, the dna double helix structure i read that it was some female that did all the photography work and would have discovered this but shared her photo and thats why got beaten to the punch. so i'm not sure if there may be lesser geniuses who would have made the discovery later.. 

even nikola tesla became secluded in later years.. he didnt win a nobel prize or anything i think 

Double helix: Rosalind Franklin. Though Francis Crick was still the true genius with the insight. Neither Watson (the plodder turned racist) nor Franklin (the chick who did some work but failed to have the insights Crick had) really measured up. But perhaps she should have had more recognition than the cis white male racist. Story of our times (and theirs).

Tesla: was screwed over by Edison. The power transmission method we use (AC) owes a lot more to Tesla than Edison (who fixated on DC and electrocuted an innocent elephant to prove his "point"). 

But Newton screwed over Leibniz and Robert Hooke, and Einstein sort of screwed over Lorentz, so what's new? 

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Haha! 2

25 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

You are assuming there is quick sharing of information between relevant parties.

Under Xi, you f up and you get slaughtered, so people are scared. Information on the potential danger of Covid may not be fully known to everyone until it is too late.  I also  don’t think it is bioengineered as China didn’t appear totally prepared, so likely a lab accident. 

Anyway, we will never know as the system in China will bury this forever, unless CCP falls. 

To my understanding, 武漢衛健委downplayed the seriousness of the pandemic especially human to human transmission. Especially when they report upwards.

So that Hubei兩會and萬家宴can go ahead.

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

(edited)
29 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

To my understanding, 武漢衛健委downplayed the seriousness of the pandemic especially human to human transmission. Especially when they report upwards.

i assume any official will downplay or at least not jumping to conclusion that "this is a pandemic"

but the wuhan market mass cases should not be taken lightly in the first place even did not assume is pandemic

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

Supersonic
(edited)
58 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

i assume any official will downplay or at least not jumping to conclusion that "this is a pandemic"

but the wuhan market mass cases should not be taken lightly in the first place even did not assume is pandemic

Basically, China was ground zero for SARS classic. As a result of that, it not only had first hand experience in dealing with an outbreak like that, but it also supposedly had laws on the books outlawing wild game markets, and was supposed to enforce those laws (and in a dictatorial commie regime, laws are supposed to be easy to enforce in an absolute way - provided their hearts are in it in the first place).

So when it comes to China, you're left with either incompetence or malice. You just have to decide on the degree of each (and they're not mutually exclusive).

If you believe the official version that it was indeed a wild-game market that was the "innocent source" of the outbreak, it's all incompetence in not enforcing the law.

If there was any wilful obstruction or cover-up in letting that news filter out, that's where malice starts creeping in. I would argue that this was already there since there was already wilful misdirection and finger-pointing at other countries in state-controlled media right from the start just to muddy the waters.

If it were a lab-related event, denying it automatically become malicious.

If the agent were being studied purely for "peaceful" (non-military use, no intent to release) purposes, and it were released inadvertently, that's still incompetence (but the cover-up would be malice).

However, if the agent were being studied with any motive involving eventual intentional release, then even an accidental, totally unintended release would have huge dollops of malice mixed in with the gross incompetence.

And if you're really hardcore on the "the whole thing is an act of totally intentional biowarfare", then it's nothing but malice, isn't it?

So, which is it, and to what degree? Incompetence or malice?

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 6
  • Haha! 1

(edited)
43 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

So, which is it, and to what degree? Incompetence or malice?

i don't trust and i don't know what to believe anymore ... serious ... 

whether it's amdk govt saying or ccp saying ... 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 2

Turbocharged
(edited)

I believe they were studying these bat viruses at the lab for whatever unknown purposes - perhaps there was a mystery illness among local villagers - then there was an accidental lab leak that put some staff in hospital. Still they kept their fingers crossed that it wouldn't be serious. Local party bosses clamped down on the news because they had big event to stage, went ahead, until all hell break loose just a week later. No malice, no intentional bioweapon, just *ooops* moment.

Anyway what happen to malaysia? Guess they now have to tough it out for a month. Two weeks is too optimistic. Look at how long the very first MCO was, and now we are all dealing with a more contagious variety.

Edited by Sosaria

(edited)
2 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Just them?

While Chinese authorities limited domestic flights from Wuhan to other Chinese cities like Beijing and Shanghai in an effort to contain the outbreak in January, it urged international carriers to maintain their flying schedules. 

China’s assertion that all was well for international travel was supported by the WHO chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus at the opening of the agency’s Executive Board meet on the 3rd February. He said ” There is no reason for measures that unnecessarily interfere with international travel and trade. We call on all countries to implement decisions that are evidence-based and consistent. WHO stands ready to provide advice to any country that is considering which measures to take,”

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/blogs/Whathappensif/how-china-locked-down-internally-for-covid-19-but-pushed-foreign-travel/

Edited by Odyssey2011
  • Praise 1

3 hours ago, Nolicense said:

wait a min.. is there a % of doctors in medicine or medical field who have gotten the nobel prize and then went on to be a crank?

i mean in order to be a leading thinker and make breakthroughs, do you have to be a fringe thinker and border on the incredible.. or after they have got their nobel prize they then ask themselves what next? and start to study the incredible..

alamak. 

why some ppl believe WHO when the result suit them.

When the result dun suit them, they dun believe...😒

• Haha! 2

Hypersonic
(edited)
3 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

Isaac Newton is probably one of the top 5 intellectual minds to have existed.
He spent much of his life trying to decode the Holy Book, not in finding religious/spiritual truth, but trying to extrapolate scientific truths from it.

To a lesser degree, Einstein, another one within this list, totally rejected the idea of quantum physics ... which i have to admit sounds like really weird science if I was living in the 1930s-50s.

They can be very right, or very wrong [laugh]

Edited by Lala81
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic

Think we should get back onto topic. Malaysia. 

For a while i posted here, thinking i was in the Taiwan thread 😁

• Haha! 3

Turbocharged
6 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Isaac Newton is probably one of the top 5 intellectual minds to have existed.
He spent much of his life trying to decode the Holy Book, not in finding religious/spiritual truth, but trying to extrapolate scientific truths from it.

To a lesser degree, Einstein, another one within this list, totally rejected the idea of quantum physics ... which i have to admit sounds like really weird science if I was living in the 1930s-50s.

They can be very right, or very wrong [laugh]

Isaac Newton spent alot of time trying to find the secret of alchemy 🤣

• Haha! 2

Hypersonic
Just now, yishunite said:

Isaac Newton spent alot of time trying to find the secret of alchemy 🤣

well given what they know about periodic table/molecular chemistry in the 1700s, I would say it's still a valiant pursuit. 

But looking at a text written >1000 years ago and thinking theres a secret code inside and thinking it will bring about scientific breakthroughs is really whacky even in the 1700s 🤣

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1