Playing Car Cam JDR file on Mac

RachelKim

Hi everyone, would like to see some help and advice on playing JDR files that are gotten from the SD card in my car cam (Hella DR 820). 

I am trying to play these JDR format files to review some footage, but after extensive Googling i cant find any working player (for mac) to play it. 

I manage to find an iRoad Mac Viewer here (https://apps.apple.com/kr/app/iroad-viewer/id1507142170?l=en) But after trying, my results were same as the reviews of the app, with the mac app unable to play the JDR files.

Are there any other possible solution for Mac users? Could be converting the files, or uploading online, i am open to try methods. Thanks! 

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged
On 5/29/2021 at 3:21 AM, RachelKim said:

Hi everyone, would like to see some help and advice on playing JDR files that are gotten from the SD card in my car cam (Hella DR 820). 

I am trying to play these JDR format files to review some footage, but after extensive Googling i cant find any working player (for mac) to play it. 

I manage to find an iRoad Mac Viewer here (https://apps.apple.com/kr/app/iroad-viewer/id1507142170?l=en) But after trying, my results were same as the reviews of the app, with the mac app unable to play the JDR files.

Are there any other possible solution for Mac users? Could be converting the files, or uploading online, i am open to try methods. Thanks! 

The .jdr video files are problematic to play as they are proprietory format and very limited option in mac os to play back the files directly.
But one workaround to try is to install Handbrake program in your mac and try use the program to convert the jdr files to mp4 or m4v or avi files.