COVID-19: Vaccinating your kids

noobcarbuyer

Message added by BabyBlade

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid-19-vaccination-students-school-moe-14919972

"SINGAPORE: More than 400,000 students aged 12 and above will be invited to register for the COVID-19 vaccine from Jun 1, announced Minister of Education Chan Chun Sing on Monday (May 31). 

This comes after the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine was approved by the Health Sciences Authority for those aged 12 to 15 earlier this month."

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2021 at 1:26 PM, Weez911 said:

93 doctors sign letter urging government to hold off on vaccinating children

A group of 93 doctors have signed on to a letter urging the government to hold off on vaccinating children below the age of 16 until more is learned about the coronavirus and the inoculation’s impact.

The letter comes against the backdrop of Pfizer’s request for emergency approval from the FDA to allow for the vaccination of 12- to 15-year-olds.

In their letter, the doctors call for the continued vaccination of vulnerable populations and claim that it is still possible to fully reopen the economy even without vaccinating children who are less likely to become ill from the virus.

“There must be a recognition that we do not understand everything about the virus, the vaccine against it and that the first commandment of medicine is first do no harm,” the doctors say.

Among the letter’s signatories are Dr. Amir Shachar, emergency room director at Netanya’s Laniado Hospital, Dr. Yoav Yehezkeli, an expert in internal medicine and a lecturer at Tel Aviv University, and Dr. Avi Mizrahi, intensive care unit director at Rehovot’s Kaplan Medical Center.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/93-doctors-sign-letter-urging-goverment-to-hold-off-on-vaccinating-children/

Hmmmmmm .............. side effects ????? :serious-business:

Turned kids to mutants like Marvel characters ... [sly]

I want to be Wolverine ...  [smash]

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic
(edited)

I go for hospital appt, they got this machine to scan IC, then their system log me in as arrived and registered, why cannot do something similar? The staff vac centre can use barcode scanner on a PC.

Edited by Ender

Turbocharged
18 hours ago, BabyBlade said:

Hear from the students themselves. 

wa.. bb avatar satki.. was a little shock when i saw the angry face of the kitty

4 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

If u tell me the human checkpoints failed to pick up a 12 year old thinking he was an 18 year old, then yeah i agree they need to be reprimanded.

If u are telling me someone with a 2 year age difference came in and is mistakenly assumed to be 18, I think the system needs to be improved such that human checks are not required to do so. Cos the MAIN PURPOSE of the checks is to verify that the person in front of you is the same as the person on your list and not someone borrowing his/her friend IC and getting jabbed.

Maybe the Moderna center I went to is for older folks. I didn't see anyone 20+ taking jabs at my center except those accompanying their grand-parents. The waiting area staff didn't even check if I match the face on my IC. Maybe Kolam Ayer CC has a lot of under 20s going there for jabs.

image.thumb.png.853a0ae638cb51ca40e2144c825a9712.png

I still maintain they should seek compensation.

Hypersonic
(edited)

Talk is easy lah.  

After some shit happen,  all the 马后炮 then come and say this say that.  

In the first place,  the boy is not even suppose to be in that center, who would expect him to appear there? The issue started with the keying in of wrong date of birth. When you key in your date of birth,  the system auto filter the centres to book,  under 18 YOU ONLY SEE PFIZER CENTRES.  

NRIC only confirm who you are and you are the correct person to take the jab,  your date of birth means nothing at the centres. 

Yah, blame this gate keeper and that gate keeper, yah every section should be able to pick up the error, try doing it yourself from morning to night and seeing hundreds of ppl each day. 

Do your farking part,  open your farking eyes and key in the information CORRECTLY,  check, and check again before you hit the submit button,  don't be farking idle and lazy.  

Part one,  it's your own life,  and it's in your own hand,  take care of it yourself.  

If you or your child have to die because of your own laziness and carelessness,  you can blame the whole world,  but dead is dead liao,  just remember that.  

Also I saw from my son booking,  the centre now have the vaccine name tag to the centre, why go and book moderna?  Don't care? 

Edited by Tianmo
  • Praise 7
  • Haha! 2

Hypersonic

What's are they going do for this kids 2nd dose? He can't be given Morderna, since it's not approved. Can mix Pfizer as 2nd dose? Or leave him with just one dose?

Hypersonic
12 minutes ago, Ender said:

I go for hospital appt, they got this machine to scan IC, then their system log me in as arrived and registered, why cannot do something similar? The staff vac centre can use barcode scanner on a PC.

They do. they are matching to their physical list for the day of who turned and didnt turn up. And for the polyclinics previously, they are making sure u not blur cock and queue at the wrong place [laugh]

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic
8 minutes ago, Naimed said:

Maybe the Moderna center I went to is for older folks. I didn't see anyone 20+ taking jabs at my center except those accompanying their grand-parents. The waiting area staff didn't even check if I match the face on my IC. Maybe Kolam Ayer CC has a lot of under 20s going there for jabs.

Can seek. Sue MOH lor.

• Haha! 1

13 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Hmmmmmm .............. side effects ????? :serious-business:

Turned kids to mutants like Marvel characters ... [sly]

I want to be Wolverine ...  [smash]

CDC said mRNA vaccine doesn't alter DNA as it does not affect or interact with our DNA in any way leh, but we don't know the LT effect on children.

Hypersonic
7 minutes ago, Naimed said:

image.thumb.png.853a0ae638cb51ca40e2144c825a9712.png

Kolam Ayer shouldn't have under 20 going there. Coz the vaccination has not been offered to under 40 yet. So only Pfizer vac centres will see under 18.

9 minutes ago, Ender said:

The situation is similar to an error booking in the initial stage. The hospital system allows you to book for something you were not suppose to have access to. So by turning up, the system will still admit you according to the algorithm of the booking system.

However, if the reception nurse ask you if you are here for X treatment and you say you came for Y treatment, then this error can be discovered at this stage. 

Hypersonic
18 minutes ago, Ender said:

KNN you never take your vaccine meh,  upon arrival they already scan your ic liao what,  that's exactly the same as the hospital system leh.  Then you go sit down the xmm take your ic scan again and ask you questions right,  and then ask you to repeat your address to comfirm against your ic. 

Already doing that what, and scan ic is to confirm that is you the same person lah....  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 2

Hypersonic

Just watched the MOE webinar. Shared in a Parent chat group. Didn't allay my long-term concern. They are only confident short term effect is not concern. Go around explaining mRna technology doesn't help.

Hypersonic
7 minutes ago, Naimed said:

The situation is similar to an error booking in the initial stage. The hospital system allows you to book for something you were not suppose to have access to. So by turning up, the system will still admit you according to the algorithm of the booking system.

However, if the reception nurse ask you if you are here for X treatment and you say you came for Y treatment, then this error can be discovered at this stage. 

No leh, the print out slip has the room number of the doc i was suppose to see, and the counter number I suppose to go after the consultation. No need to interact with the counter nurse, unless it's payment. 

Hypersonic
17 minutes ago, Ender said:

What's are they going do for this kids 2nd dose? He can't be given Morderna, since it's not approved. Can mix Pfizer as 2nd dose? Or leave him with just one dose?

All just hope that morderna gets approval in 2 months, then the boy become first round away,  otherwise wait for 6 months then give Pfizer...  [:p][laugh][laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3