COVID-19: Vaccinating your kids

noobcarbuyer

Message added by BabyBlade

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid-19-vaccination-students-school-moe-14919972

"SINGAPORE: More than 400,000 students aged 12 and above will be invited to register for the COVID-19 vaccine from Jun 1, announced Minister of Education Chan Chun Sing on Monday (May 31). 

This comes after the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine was approved by the Health Sciences Authority for those aged 12 to 15 earlier this month."

Ah, now MOE provide block bookings of vaccination for Sec 1-5 students between 6-9 July liao. 

School buses will come to school pick up to Vaccination Center and send back to school. 

2nd dose also same block booking in Aug.  

Parents who want to take part in this to submit sgform by 23 June, school to cfm details by 30 June. 

Those with own booking to carry on with their own appointments. 

Just received msg via parents gateway... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

Wah,  now really cfm I is the grand IB, great mouth piece for my Master..... 

How did I even come up with such a suggestion....  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Screenshot_2021-06-15-19-55-11-60.thumb.jpg.ac68f2a81c4686c3bc0595b6798da807.jpg

• Haha! 5

Internal Moderator
13 hours ago, Tianmo said:

Wah,  now really cfm I is the grand IB, great mouth piece for my Master..... 

How did I even come up with such a suggestion....  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Screenshot_2021-06-15-19-55-11-60.thumb.jpg.ac68f2a81c4686c3bc0595b6798da807.jpg

You wanna go govt sector work? I think you have great potential!

14 hours ago, Tianmo said:

Ah, now MOE provide block bookings of vaccination for Sec 1-5 students between 6-9 July liao. 

School buses will come to school pick up to Vaccination Center and send back to school. 

2nd dose also same block booking in Aug.  

Parents who want to take part in this to submit sgform by 23 June, school to cfm details by 30 June. 

Those with own booking to carry on with their own appointments. 

Just received msg via parents gateway... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

I didn't like the tone of the message when I read it yesterday, putting parents under too much pressure to get the kids vaccinated.

Like, "If you can't/won't do it, we'll make it so easy you can't refuse."

We already had calls and messages from the school asking if we signed up. It's not the right tone despite the message maybe being correct.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

10 minutes ago, bsswan said:

I didn't like the tone of the message when I read it yesterday, putting parents under too much pressure to get the kids vaccinated.

Like, "If you can't/won't do it, we'll make it so easy you can't refuse."

We already had calls and messages from the school asking if we signed up. It's not the right tone despite the message maybe being correct.

It's just shy of saying it is mandatory, and yet they don't want to take responsibility only... 

For me,  if I am not comfortable with it, I will just tell them off.  In this case,  make it mandatory and take responsibility or leave it to parents to decide if want to escape any blame. 

These days,  they do things without taking responsibility anymore...  <_<[laugh][laugh]

• Praise 7

Hypersonic
(edited)

The experts in UK's vaccination committee are advising the ministers to hold back mass vaccination for children until more data comes out from USA. 

BTW, there'll be a emergency meeting on 18th June by CDC on heart inflammation after vaccine seen on under 30s.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/uk-ministers-to-be-advised-against-mass-vaccination-for-children-15023280

UK ministers to be advised against mass vaccination for children: Report

Edited by Ender
  • Praise 5
  • Shocked 1

Internal Moderator
5 hours ago, Ender said:

The experts in UK's vaccination committee are advising the ministers to hold back mass vaccination for children until more data comes out from USA. 

BTW, there'll be a emergency meeting on 18th June by CDC on heart inflammation after vaccine seen on under 30s.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/uk-ministers-to-be-advised-against-mass-vaccination-for-children-15023280

UK ministers to be advised against mass vaccination for children: Report

Heng. I am above 30 liao. hahha. But my heart and soul still stuck at 12.

• Haha! 6

Supersonic
23 hours ago, Tianmo said:

It's just shy of saying it is mandatory, and yet they don't want to take responsibility only... 

For me,  if I am not comfortable with it, I will just tell them off.  In this case,  make it mandatory and take responsibility or leave it to parents to decide if want to escape any blame. 

These days,  they do things without taking responsibility anymore...  <_<[laugh][laugh]

Ya lo, deep inside gahment wants everyone to get vaccinate and yet dont want to make it mandatory, and yet using all sort of message and channel to pressure people to go for vaccine, such way of handling no good la. Like they want to act as good people and yet behind do many bad things.

• Haha! 2

1 minute ago, 13177 said:

Ya lo, deep inside gahment wants everyone to get vaccinate and yet dont want to make it mandatory, and yet using all sort of message and channel to pressure people to go for vaccine, such way of handling no good la. Like they want to act as good people and yet behind do many bad things.

By making it mandatory, the pressure will be on G to secure adequate supplies in time for vaccination.

• Praise 3

In Israel, the ministry issued its stance on vaccinations for youths, in which it encouraged vaccinations for those at-risk - despite the myocarditis findings, while stopping short of recommending vaccinations for all children aged 12-15. 

https://www.straitstimes.com/world/middle-east/israel-to-expand-covid-19-vaccine-roll-out-to-12-15-age-group

Encourage but stop short of recommending, hmmm....

• Haha! 2

(edited)

anyway, theres a major uptick in the delta variant spreading in UK. Lots of unvaccinated/youngsters getting the virus. 

So this will test their resolve not to vaccinate the teens for now.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 6

Supercharged
2 hours ago, 13177 said:

heard from my kid a lot of parents didn't register their kids for the vacc program....now MOE is reaching out sending reminders....but what will happened if still not sign up? can't do anything right...?:mellow:

Hypersonic
17 minutes ago, Spidey10 said:

heard from my kid a lot of parents didn't register their kids for the vacc program....now MOE is reaching out sending reminders....but what will happened if still not sign up? can't do anything right...?:mellow:

For those who haven't registered and who is 12 from 6th July, my daughter school will provide bus from school to the vaccination centre from 6 -9 july. And also for 2nd dose. They making it hard to say no.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Could this be the first death relating to heart inflammation after vaccine? CDC is investigating. Happened right after the cdc emergency meeting where they acknowledged more than 1200 cases.

https://www.abc12.com/2021/06/23/health-department-13-year-old-saginaw-boys-death-may-be-linked-covid-19-vaccine/

There's a more than 5 hrs long video recording of the emergency meeting in the  below link. Didn't watch it.

https://live.childrenshealthdefense.org/fda-advisory-committee

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 2

Supersonic
On 6/17/2021 at 12:26 PM, Spidey10 said:

By right they can't do anything, but by left due to peers pressure and providing all the support from MOE to go for the jab, not easy to reject?! Lol. But see from the report they reported, seems like quite a high rate for kids going for the vacc program le, how come you heard a lot of parents didnt register?

• Angry 1

Hypersonic
(edited)

CDC is sill investigating the  death of the 13 year old boy. Why not wait for more data? 

Open letters from doctors including cardiologist.

Edited by Ender
  • Praise 3

(edited)
1 hour ago, Ender said:

CDC is sill investigating the  death of the 13 year old boy. Why not wait for more data? 

Open letters from doctors including cardiologist.

Stay safe if you have kids going back to school next week.

Edited by Kopites
↡ Advertisement