COVID-19: Vaccinating your kids

noobcarbuyer

Message added by BabyBlade

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid-19-vaccination-students-school-moe-14919972

"SINGAPORE: More than 400,000 students aged 12 and above will be invited to register for the COVID-19 vaccine from Jun 1, announced Minister of Education Chan Chun Sing on Monday (May 31). 

This comes after the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine was approved by the Health Sciences Authority for those aged 12 to 15 earlier this month."

Turbocharged
On 5/29/2021 at 11:08 PM, Kyrios said:

Yeah true..but last year even without the vaccines werent they already called back to school? 

My point is if they are so cocksure that the virus isnt affecting the younger tots more than adults yiu can jolly well follow the stance last year as i mentioned above. Why the change in stance is my question.

This year the covid variant is different; seems to be more virulent among young ones.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Twincharged
(edited)

These are personal thoughts on vaccinating children.

1. The current form of vaccines for Covid approved today are kind of a misnomer because their PRIMARY effective function is to prevent serious infection and NOT to prevent you from catching the infection. 

2. The vaccines are NOT vigorously tested like what it should be and were approved on an EMERGENCY Basis, hence vaccine manufacturers were quick to literally wash their hands from being responsible for severe reactions or even death after taking the vaccine, leaving the government to bear the responsibility eg government will pay $XXX,XXX if you die from vaccination.

3. mRNA is a new technology with NO long term study to verify to what extend it affects the human body. Do we all remember when scientist claim that coronavirus do not jump from animals to humans and did they not say that coronavirus was not airborne?

4. The process of vaccination is irreversible that is once in your body it cannot be removed and the reaction goes on and on. Our current medical test are able to detect what we can test only.

5. In the case of children, they are still growing and organs and functions are not fully formed. Many are paranoid about feeding kids with GMO food (oral) but in the case of vaccination we are injecting something directly into the body. Many scientists have also claim GMO food are safe for human consumption.

6. In the history of medicine, how many medications, tests and etc were eventually discontinued because they were found to be harmful to the human body.

7. Some say, getting killed from vaccination is a smaller risk than crossing the road, the difference is the former you have 100% what you want to introduce into your body, the latter you want to reach your destination but you got no control of drivers or riders. 

8. Children being infected by coronavirus seems to significant lower incident of getting the severe form of infection unlike adults. They and we still need to wear mask and practice social distancing even after vaccination. If caught in a cluster, still got to go for swab (nose and not anal).

9. There are claimed benefits of vaccination which will have to weight against the fear and caution (imaginary or real) before one makes a decision for your child.

10. There are no right or wrong, just that we all have to bear the consequences of our decisions.

Edited by Ash2017
  • Praise 6
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
23 hours ago, Zxcvb said:

12 Singapore doctors willing to put their career on the line to voice out against mRNA vaccine for children -  this puts a lot of weight.  And I believe many other doctors will just diam diam keep their opinions to themselves. 

Some friends are also sceptical about mRNA vaccine, as the long term effects are still unknown.

my concern for the children vaccination is the short-term side effect. Experience from adults vaccination is that a younger and healthier person tends to have more severe side effects. Children are obviously younger and mostly healthier compared to adults. will this translate into more severe side effects? Let's see what will happen in other countries when they start to vaccinate the children.

I am not concern about the long-term effect. The mRNA vaccine we used is non-replicating mRNA. these mRNAs go into your cell, make the protein, and then are decomposed within a day.

You cannot find any mRNA from the vaccine in your body after 1 day. The protein they created will also be neutralized by our body. 

• Praise 3

(edited)
1 hour ago, Somewhat1975 said:

You cannot find any mRNA from the vaccine in your body after 1 day. The protein they created will also be neutralized by our body. 

Exactly.

2 hours ago, Ash2017 said:

There are no right or wrong, just that we all have to bear the consequences of our decisions.

Yep. So do we bet on the virus to keep us safe or the vaccine.

Edited by CremornePt

Hypersonic
2 hours ago, Ash2017 said:

These are personal thoughts on vaccinating children.

1. The current form of vaccines for Covid approved today are kind of a misnomer because their PRIMARY effective function is to prevent serious infection and NOT to prevent you from catching the infection. 

With the idea that the function of the vaccine is to prevent severe symptoms, I see less justification for children to get vaccinated, since all the children who caught covid 19, including the new variant, are either asymptomatic or mild. None of them reach severe stage. And that's why I hesitant to risk unknown long term side effect against mild symptoms of covid-19 for children. Even if they  are vaccinated, they will still get infected, perhaps lower chance,  they will be as before vaccinated having mild symptoms or asymptomatic.

• Praise 1

Twincharged
1 hour ago, CremornePt said:

Exactly.

Yep. So do we bet on the virus to keep us safe or the vaccine.

@CremornePt 

If you believe that "You cannot find any mRNA from the vaccine in your body after 1 day" please do kindly report to WHO and also speak to one of my reporters on your discovery.

I think you are not aware that Covid is here to stay whether we all eventually vaccinated or not. We may succeed in moving from a pandemic to endemic sooner or later. I believe this is the suspected new goal now that we are aiming for.

Please do bear in mind that we are ONLY reflecting on Children having vaccination.

As in conclusion: believe what you want and do what you want, ultimately, nobody force you to do anything nor can carry the consequences of your decision.

• Praise 1

Twincharged
1 hour ago, Ender said:

With the idea that the function of the vaccine is to prevent severe symptoms, I see less justification for children to get vaccinated, since all the children who caught covid 19, including the new variant, are either asymptomatic or mild. None of them reach severe stage. And that's why I hesitant to risk unknown long term side effect against mild symptoms of covid-19 for children. Even if they  are vaccinated, they will still get infected, perhaps lower chance,  they will be as before vaccinated having mild symptoms or asymptomatic.

Some reported that vaccinating children may be a moral dilemma. 

Since we know children when infected are nearly always presented with mild symptoms. But having being vaccinated does not mean these children will not be infected again. The moral dilemma is, then are we vaccinating children so to protect the adults in society. Controversy debatable. Without data we are neither any wiser.

Children's immune systems react differently to vaccines than those of teenagers and adults.

• Praise 2

(edited)
30 minutes ago, Ash2017 said:

We may succeed in moving from a pandemic to endemic sooner or later. I believe this is the suspected new goal now that we are aiming for.

Agreed! Indefinite isolation & zero-covid is a dead end strategy.

Mostly I reflect on who's currently being infected in Israel this past month...(if I'm reading this right...)

Children.JPG

Teens are very much an infection vector.

Children 0-9 less so.

We're not talking mandatory vaccination of children. But if some multi-generational families feel better protected having their children vaccinated, I'm all for it.  

Edited by CremornePt
  • Praise 2

Twincharged
12 minutes ago, CremornePt said:

Agreed! Indefinite isolation & zero-covid is a dead end strategy.

Mostly I reflect on who's currently being infected in Israel this past month...(if I'm reading this right...)

Children.JPG

Teens are very much an infection vector.

Children 0-9 less so.

You are right but  chart like this without any other information needs to to interpret with care. This could be due infection from same households, school re-opened etc.

Also we need to determine if those teens infected, how many had severe infection or even death. Otherwise, among the teens the infection may be just be flu-like. 

• Praise 2

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid-19-vaccination-students-school-moe-14919972

"SINGAPORE: More than 400,000 students aged 12 and above will be invited to register for the COVID-19 vaccine from Jun 1, announced Minister of Education Chan Chun Sing on Monday (May 31). 

This comes after the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine was approved by the Health Sciences Authority for those aged 12 to 15 earlier this month."

My own is now 14yrs, Sec3, so this is a question I've been playing bout in my head since that "Letter from 12-Doctors" briefly came up then disappeared. My initial reaction is, yes, but we've all no doubt heard conflicting "safe" / "not-safe" theories as to whether to vaccine or not. As I said, my own feeling is yes, by around 70-80%. Right or not, this is my question. 🤔

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
2 minutes ago, bsswan said:

My own is now 14yrs, Sec3, so this is a question I've been playing bout in my head since that "Letter from 12-Doctors" briefly came up then disappeared. My initial reaction is, yes, but we've all no doubt heard conflicting "safe" / "not-safe" theories as to whether to vaccine or not. As I said, my own feeling is yes, by around 70-80%. Right or not, this is my question. 🤔

Hi. I merged your thread instead!

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

My daughter will not be 12 when they invited to jab, so not in dilemma yet.

↡ Advertisement