Advise on car insurance

superzhen

Sorry all can I seek your opinions on the following matter. 

Sometime last year, I was coming to a stop when I misjudged and hit the car in front. Because speed was so slow, there was no damage to either cars. 

The car in front was a grab car with a passenger. He said he cannot decide whether or not a claim was needed to be made as it was a rental. 

I was concerned about potential inflated claims on his and his passengers part, so I made an incident reporting with my insurance. 

Fast forward 1 year, the other car did not submit any claims. So all seems well. 

I am now renewing my insurance. However I am being made to list this as an at fault accident. Fortunately NCD is not affected. 

My question is.. Given this is just an incident reporting and no claim was made, is it right to assign fault to any party? Furthermore the insurance coys have no picture/video evidence of the incident. 

↡ Advertisement

Internal Moderator
51 minutes ago, superzhen said:

@inlinesix 

Yes I agree. But incident reporting without claim also need to assign fault? 

I think is a P&L thing. Is either fault / no fault for every case. So unfortunately you are under the fault.

I think as long as your NCD is not affected, you continue to drive with prudent, nothing will happen!

• Praise 3

Hypersonic

Accept it's your fault and you can find peace.

Refuse to accept and it will just keep playing in your head. :D

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 2

Hypersonic

I accept my MIL.

I acknowledge she is good for me.

She teaches me patience and tolerance and keeping calm and not sweating the small stuff.

:D

Although she is quite big.

• Haha! 2

Internal Moderator
3 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Accept it's your fault and you can find peace.

Refuse to accept and it will just keep playing in your head. :D

Always listen to a wise man for wise advice. [:p]

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
1 minute ago, kobayashiGT said:

Always listen to a wise man for wise advice. [:p]

Not man.

Lesbian trapped in a man's body.

i think based on your report that you hit the car in front, and the barometer of liability, your insurance co is probably justified to list this accident as one that is your fault ..

but to be fair, because there was no claim from you or the car in front, there is no loss in ncb (as ncb is affected by a claim and not fault) ..

Turbocharged
10 hours ago, superzhen said:

Sometime last year, I was coming to a stop when I misjudged and hit the car in front. Because speed was so slow, there was no damage to either cars. 

The car in front was a grab car with a passenger. He said he cannot decide whether or not a claim was needed to be made as it was a rental. 

I was concerned about potential inflated claims on his and his passengers part, so I made an incident reporting with my insurance. 

Fast forward 1 year, the other car did not submit any claims. So all seems well. 

I am now renewing my insurance. However I am being made to list this as an at fault accident. Fortunately NCD is not affected. 

My question is.. Given this is just an incident reporting and no claim was made, is it right to assign fault to any party? Furthermore the insurance coys have no picture/video evidence of the incident. 

Whether to claim third party property damages on the car is up to the car rental company  which is the registered owner; the statute of limitation is 6 years from the DOA.

The third party driver and his pax has uo to 3 years to file claim for any personal injury.

I wish you that the whole incident is fully dissolved at no claim filed whatsoever.

Stay safe and drive safe.😗😗

there is this thing called mutual settlement form. if both parties are individual owners, may be easy to get it done, but if one side is a rental company, then good luck.....

12 hours ago, superzhen said:

I very good in claiming one.  Got one time bang until almost the head is gone one. The party did claim me, but UNSUCCESSFUL lor, over claim, so courts case insurer vs driver. I was let off the hook lor.  I ASKED if I should declare as NOT SO ACCIDENT FREE. CS said SAY ACCIDENT FREE because the claim is UNSUCCESSFUL.  The poor suckers too greedy is simply NOT MY PROBLEM.

There are also in a year I have to report incident 3 or 4 times.  The rule is simple, AS LONG AS the third party alight his/her vehicle to confront U or inspect his car laaa ...... whatever.  I will report incident to my insurer one .......last time also IDAC laaa.  My premium actually got cheaper.

I admit fault upfront one ....... wrong is wrong lor.  Not Simi LJ that car behind bang me .....my LJ car jerk forward and bang U laaa ....... STILL 100% one. From  micro prospective ...... macro, I don't know OK.

These days, can only pending for 3mth for motor car claim hor.  Up to 7 years for Medical Claim ....... your insurance 7 years ago still have to eat one.....

Til date is I claim pple and ZERO claim successful against me lor.   That poor sucker ...... assessed damaged is 18K, he tried to claim 32K wor ...... make my day ...... HUAT AH !!  I, HUAT.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

@Ahwhye 

Well according to the GIA,

"Do I need to report an accident if a private settlement is made?

Yes, always report all accidents to your insurer even if you have made a private settlement. This is for recording purposes because you cannot be fully certain that the other party will not file a claim against you later. By not reporting the accident, your claim may be prejudiced or declined later by insurers."

In some sense my incident is a private settlement. That means private settlement also will cause premiums to up?

(edited)
13 hours ago, Apple-Tree said:

I very good in claiming one.  Got one time bang until almost the head is gone one. The party did claim me, but UNSUCCESSFUL lor, over claim, so courts case insurer vs driver. I was let off the hook lor.  I ASKED if I should declare as NOT SO ACCIDENT FREE. CS said SAY ACCIDENT FREE because the claim is UNSUCCESSFUL.  The poor suckers too greedy is simply NOT MY PROBLEM.

There are also in a year I have to report incident 3 or 4 times.  The rule is simple, AS LONG AS the third party alight his/her vehicle to confront U or inspect his car laaa ...... whatever.  I will report incident to my insurer one .......last time also IDAC laaa.  My premium actually got cheaper.

I admit fault upfront one ....... wrong is wrong lor.  Not Simi LJ that car behind bang me .....my LJ car jerk forward and bang U laaa ....... STILL 100% one. From  micro prospective ...... macro, I don't know OK.

These days, can only pending for 3mth for motor car claim hor.  Up to 7 years for Medical Claim ....... your insurance 7 years ago still have to eat one.....

Til date is I claim pple and ZERO claim successful against me lor.   That poor sucker ...... assessed damaged is 18K, he tried to claim 32K wor ...... make my day ...... HUAT AH !!  I, HUAT.

Sorry catch no balls, the purpose of your reply is to tell everyone how good and how “smart” you are? Plus bad driving skill? So many accidents per year! As I don’t see any value added in your reply to TS 😂😂😂

Edited by D3badge
  • Haha! 4

Internal Moderator
11 hours ago, superzhen said:

@Ahwhye 

Well according to the GIA,

"Do I need to report an accident if a private settlement is made?

Yes, always report all accidents to your insurer even if you have made a private settlement. This is for recording purposes because you cannot be fully certain that the other party will not file a claim against you later. By not reporting the accident, your claim may be prejudiced or declined later by insurers."

In some sense my incident is a private settlement. That means private settlement also will cause premiums to up?

Your NCD remains. Any increment to your premium?

Hypersonic

I was told never admit liability.

Once you say its your fault

insurance does not cover.

Now I don't know what is correct.

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Jamesc said:

I was told never admit liability.

Once you say its your fault

insurance does not cover.

Now I don't know what is correct.

so can say sorry that this accident is causing us trouble but cannot say sorry my carelessness has caused you trouble ..

• Praise 1

@BabyBlade 

Yup my NCD is not affected. 

But because I have now have an at fault accident, it affects my premiums by around 100 dollars (but overall still lower as I'm older and higher NCD) 

↡ Advertisement