2022 5th Generation Kia Sportage

Carbon82

(edited)

2022 Kia Sportage the rear design abit like KIA EV6, the one line rear taillight so sick! It look so good in black! Overall I quite like the design, KIA designers on fire this few years! 

Hope C&C bring in new facelift KIA K3 and Sportage by Q4 of 2021, this Sportage with 1.6T engine will be great, just pray hard that C&C keep the huge infotainment display. 

Can see a huge difference when compare to Japanese designers. 

33BD169D-5AEA-40C3-BAAB-B8F03F0D039C.jpeg

Edited by Fellows
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Internal Moderator

2022-kia-sportage.jpg

The base model gets a tiny monochrome screen and regular AC.

source: https://www.motor1.com/news/521295/2022-kia-sportage-real-images/

The fifth-generation Sportage has gone on sale at home in South Korea, and to mark the occasion, Kia has dropped an extended photo gallery of its all-new compact crossover. Ever since its debut in early June, the Hyundai Tucson's sister model has generated quite the controversy with its unconventional design. It's the moment of truth as real photos of the NQ5-generation model have now been published.

2022-kia-sportage.jpg

This olive green example is a high-spec model with all the bells and whistles, including large 19-inch wheels with a two-tone design. At 4,660 millimeters (183.4 inches) long and with a wheelbase stretching at 2,755 mm (108.4 in), it's worth noting we are dealing with the global version of the Sportage. Debuting this fall in Europe, the different flavor of the crossover will be smaller by featuring a shorter wheelbase.

2022-kia-sportage.jpg

The Euro-spec Sportage is expected to have virtually the same styling, which should mean an identical front fascia some have characterized as being rather busy. The rest of the design is fairly conventional, and these new images show the differences between the LED headlights and taillights compared to the simpler clusters featuring good ol' bulbs.

2022-kia-sportage-interior-dashboard.jpg

The fresh imagery also shows how the lesser Sportage trims will look on the inside by eschewing the 12.3-inch dual-screen setup of the top-end variants. The midlevel models will have a smaller touchscreen flanked by rotary knobs and several shortcuts, while the entry-level vehicle will rock a tiny monochrome screen that looks like a leftover part from a 1990s car.

Spoiler

2022-kia-sportage.jpg

2022-kia-sportage.jpg

2022-kia-sportage.jpg

2022-kia-sportage.jpg2022-kia-sportage.jpg

2022-kia-sportage-blue-front-quarter.jpg

2022-kia-sportage.jpg

2022-kia-sportage.jpg

2022-kia-sportage-blue-exterior-side.jpg

2022-kia-sportage.jpg

2022-kia-sportage.jpg

2022-kia-sportage-front-quarter.jpg

2022-kia-sportage-side-exterior.jpg

2022-kia-sportage.jpg

2022-kia-sportage.jpg

2022-kia-sportage.jpg

2022-kia-sportage-rear.jpg

2022-kia-sportage.jpg

2022-kia-sportage.jpg

2022-kia-sportage.jpg

2022-kia-sportage.jpg

2022-kia-sportage.jpg

2022-kia-sportage.jpg

2022-kia-sportage.jpg

2022-kia-sportage-interior-dashboard.jpg

2022-kia-sportage-cabin-layout.jpg

2022-kia-sportage.jpg

2022-kia-sportage.jpg

2022-kia-sportage.jpg

2022-kia-sportage.jpg

2022-kia-sportage.jpg

2022-kia-sportage.jpg

2022-kia-sportage.jpg2022-kia-sportage.jpg

2022-kia-sportage.jpg

image.thumb.png.79e6beba555b56571224aea66072df99.pngimage.thumb.png.3142e9134574dc334f328a29bf315432.png

2022-kia-sportage.jpg

2022-kia-sportage.jpg

2022-kia-sportage.jpg

2022-kia-sportage.jpg

2022-kia-sportage.jpg

2022-kia-sportage.jpg

2022-kia-sportage.jpg

2022-kia-sportage.jpg

2022-kia-sportage.jpg

2022-kia-sportage.jpg

2022-kia-sportage.jpg

Another obvious change from the fancy trim levels to the base Sportage is the area below the central air vents where the entry-level model has controls for regular AC rather than automatic climate control. It does away with the horizontal screen installed on the vehicles equipped with dual-zone temperature settings and has fewer settings to play with.

As a final note, all images depict the KDM-spec Sportage and there is a distinct possibility not all global markets will get the spartan version. It's hard to imagine Kia selling its new compact crossover in the US with the old-school center screen and regular AC, although we're sure some wouldn't mind seeing as how it would end up cheaper.

• Praise 4

Turbocharged

Just when I thought the Hyundai Tucson stylings in and out are very futuristic and unorthodox, this Kia Sportage seems to outdo the Tucson, but more refined.

• Praise 1

14 minutes ago, Macrosszero said:

In the race for ever-bigger front grilles, it seems like Kia wins

The last shout before our electric revolution 

I cant wait for this trend to be over :grin:

• Praise 2

@kobayashiGT I have merged your thread into this one for ease of discussion.

BTW, potential buyer do take note of the differences in screen on the console. There will be a total of 3 different screen size available, depending on trim level. 

Entry model will get a super small 3.8" LCD screen

2022-kia-sportage.jpg

While mid trim level will get a larger 8" TFT LCD screen

2022-kia-sportage.jpg

With the large 12.3" TFT LCD screen reserved for the top of line trim

image.png

• Praise 7

53 minutes ago, teomingern said:

The monochrome one is a dead end in Singapore... no one will part with $150K for a car that comes with that...

haha i saw that HU in my friend's sorento before. 

Turbocharged
5 hours ago, Macrosszero said:

In the race for ever-bigger front grilles, it seems like Kia wins

Nowadays many cars don't have properly defined grilles; their grilles look just cut-out holes in the front fascia.

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

haha i saw that HU in my friend's sorento before. 

Yeah I know right... the first generation Sorento of the current model I think... back then large infotainment screens not so prevalent like now... my own car also come with that miserable 5" screen but it got upgraded locally by Komoco when my car came in to a 8" type...

In the sedan segment, Hyundai wins... in the SUV segment, KIA wins. Really don't understand why Komoco price the Tucson at $140k++

Edited by Kazuya

The European short wheelbase version might be what we will be getting in Singapore next year (instead of the LWB Korean version showcase earlier). Don't look as futuristic as the Korean version imo. 

2022-kia-sportage-euro-spec-generations.

2022-kia-sportage-euro-spec-generations.

2022-Kia-Sportage-Europe-1.jpg

2022-Kia-Sportage-Europe-21.jpg

2022-Kia-Sportage-Europe-22.jpg

2022-Kia-Sportage-Europe-24.jpg

2022-Kia-Sportage-Europe-34.jpg

2022-Kia-Sportage-Europe-23.jpg

2022-Kia-Sportage-Europe-41.jpg

2022-Kia-Sportage-Europe-37.jpg

2022-Kia-Sportage-Europe-35.jpg

2022-Kia-Sportage-Europe-11.jpg

The European Sportage's intelligent interior space, which combines practicality, functionality and versatility, is underpinned by a compact wheelbase of 2,680mm, a width of 1,865mm, length of 4,515mm and height of 1,645mm. This has resulted in a package that leads the way in legroom, headroom and luggage capacity. The European Sportage offers 996mm legroom for second-row passengers while headroom at the rear is 998mm. Luggage capacity is 591 litres (VDA). To maximize convenience, the rear seats can fold down in a 40:20:40 split allowing for 1,780 litres cargo space.

The PHEV Sportage features Kia's award-winning 1.6-litre T-GDI engine, a 66.9kW permanent magnet traction electric motor and a 13.8kWh lithium-ion polymer battery pack. The powertrain combination delivers a total system power output of 265PS, with 180PS originating from the internal combustion engine.

The HEV Sportage model also benefits from Kia's acclaimed 1.6 T-GDI 180PS engine. It features a 44.2kW permanent magnet traction electric motor and a 1.49kWh lithium-ion polymer battery. Total system power of the HEV Sportage is 230PS.

The new 1.6 T-GDI engine is also available in the new Sportage line-up with a mild hybrid (MHEV) system that has been developed to reduce emissions and optimize frugality. It combines enhanced efficiency with sporty performance, generating 150PS or 180PS power output.

• Praise 5

The exterior design is bold & aggressive which some ppl like while some don't like. Gotta give it to the Korean car makers that they try to experiment new bold design instead of playing it safe. I personally like both the Kia Sportage as well as the Hyundai Tucson. The interior of the top trim of the Sportage looks great tho I doubt it will come to SG. Most likely we would be getting the 8" infotainment.

↡ Advertisement