Japan Olympics 2020(1) will continue as planned in midst of global pandemic

Blueray

Tokyo 2020's Hashimoto rules out Games postponement -report

The president of the Tokyo 2020 organising committee ruled out a cancellation or another postponement of the Olympic Games in an interview with Nikkan Sports newspaper, amid concerns about hosting the event during a global pandemic.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/sport/tokyo-2020-s-hashimoto-rules-out-games-postponement--report-14937370

↡ Advertisement

Internal Moderator

Putting this up for auction now. Start bid $1. Lol.

IMG_20210603_175135.jpg

IMG_20210603_175150.jpg

All eyes on Japan. Hoping they will be able to pull it off smoothly. I miss you Japan!

• Haha! 4

Supersonic
14 minutes ago, Blueray said:

Tokyo 2020's Hashimoto rules out Games postponement -report

The president of the Tokyo 2020 organising committee ruled out a cancellation or another postponement of the Olympic Games in an interview with Nikkan Sports newspaper, amid concerns about hosting the event during a global pandemic.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/sport/tokyo-2020-s-hashimoto-rules-out-games-postponement--report-14937370

I think if more than 10 people die of COVID-19 as a result of this, he should livestream himself committing seppuku. 😁

Japan PM Suga likely to call snap election after Tokyo Olympics: Report

TOKYO: Japanese Prime Minister Yoshihide Suga is likely to call a snap election after the Tokyo Olympic and Paralympic Games, a media report said, showing his resolve to push ahead with the Games despite the country's struggle to contain the COVID-19 pandemic.

The government is considering crafting a new economic stimulus package before the expected snap election, the Asahi newspaper said on Thursday (Jun 3), citing several anonymous ruling party executives.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/japan-pm-suga-likely-to-call-snap-election-after-tokyo-olympics-14937204

wah, play very big.

Hypersonic
(edited)
1 hour ago, Voodooman said:

What stupidity???

Most Japanese opposed it, yet the IOC insisted on going ahead. This is utterly rude.

Just ownself pawn ownself. In future no one will want to host the games. 

Cannot ownself cancel. Pay so much money to host the games. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

Hypersonic
(edited)
1 hour ago, Beanoyip said:

Suicidal decision.. i just hope the competitors don't show up..

Most athletes will turn up lah. It's the culmination of 5 years of preparation to peak for these games and a lifetime of dedication. The vast majority of them don't have pro careers to fall on back. Or it will be the launch of their pro career like boxing or other sports.

You don't get to be so single minded by not taking risks. 

If you are like nba players going there to win a medal, then maybe no lor. But anyway most of these athletes will be vaccinated. But the volunteers, the officials and supporters than bo hua... 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 4

(edited)
2 hours ago, BabyBlade said:

Putting this up for auction now. Start bid $1. Lol.

IMG_20210603_175135.jpg

IMG_20210603_175150.jpg

All eyes on Japan. Hoping they will be able to pull it off smoothly. I miss you Japan!

I thought you put up the laptop for bidding!😄

Edited by Kopites

my chance of winning the olympig medal is coming true 

no one contesting,  I just have to be there1940267509_3qn0s7(1).gif.da8441d501b7c72c3d938ae4266be234.gif

• Haha! 4

1 hour ago, Staff69 said:

my chance of winning the olympig medal is coming true 

no one contesting,  I just have to be there1940267509_3qn0s7(1).gif.da8441d501b7c72c3d938ae4266be234.gif

Lucky kiwi's 

• Haha! 1

Supersonic

Difficult to cancel now la even simi sai people trying to oppose. Esp the games is commencing in next month.

If the lead runner in the 100m sprint is infected, there is a high chance those trailing him will all kena. Unless they wear masks.

Just now, 13177 said:

Difficult to cancel now la even simi sai people trying to oppose. Esp the games is commencing in next month.

They face multi-million lawsuit from sponsors.. this is quite a sticky situation for them. Host also die, don't host also die.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1