Japan Olympics 2020(1) will continue as planned in midst of global pandemic

Blueray

Turbocharged
5 hours ago, mersaylee said:

Anyone watching or understand how skiff-49er works? Our women's pair was at one stage in 4-5 position very closed to the leaders in first leg but not appearing in the animation then suddenly disappeared from the pact after the turn...also, can suka suka choose to turn left or right one ah? 😅

Sailing has no specific path to sail unlike cycling, marathon, car rally, etc. They need to go around the buoy in sequence. When you sail upwind (sail into where the wind is blowing from), you have to do zig zag manner. How and when they decide to zig zag is a very tactical strategy to make when competing. That's why you see them coming from different directions while approaching the buoy marker. It also depends on the wind and other dinghy around you as you want to catch the best wind and not "leftover wind" by other competitors. Yes sailing is relaxing, but the competition is highly technical. That's why they have many races (12 total) to accumulate the points (or rather the less points the better).

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

46 minutes ago, Silverkris said:

Caeleb Dressel doing well in all events though

Schooling good for short sprint

his stamina not so good thats why he nnr participate alot events or long distance swim haha

Hypersonic

Won’t be easy for JS but wish him all the best and do Singapore proud.

That year Schooling won the first Olympic gold medal for Singapore in the 100m butterfly with a time of 50.39 seconds, defeating legendary Olympian Michael Phelps.

This time, Schooling will have a face-off with 24-year-old Caeleb Dressel from the United States and 20-year-old Kristof Milak from Hungary.

In 2019's World Swimming Championship, Dressel broke the world record that was previously held by Phelps with a record of 49.5 seconds.

Milak is the current holder of the world record in 200m butterfly.

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Silverkris said:

Caeleb Dressel doing well in all events though

Caleb dressel is exceptional. But usa not as dominant as before. 

1 hour ago, Atonchia said:

What was his PB in free style? 

Lol I went to Google.

His PB 100 free is 48.58s in 2015. He swam 49.84. 

• Praise 1

The women's TT dominated by PRC nationals. Its like PRC vs PRC.:D Looks like these ang mo countries did not developed their own TT sportswomen. 

• Praise 1

2 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

The women's TT dominated by PRC nationals. Its like PRC vs PRC.:D Looks like these ang mo countries did not developed their own TT sportswomen. 

Neither did us.

If I remembered reading somewhere they trained and prep for tournament back in china. 

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Camrysfa said:

roller coaster...

K4gKCjb.png

I saw this match. Was kinda surprised at this high level competition ppl still using this dying old style penhold grip - much like our manual transmission.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

5 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Neither did us.

If I remembered reading somewhere they trained and prep for tournament back in china. 

The pro leagues are all in China. The money is in China. The coaches are all prc. All the technical terms are learnt in Chinese. 

Even the japs know how to speak some Chinese. 

• Shocked 2

2 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

The pro leagues are all in China. The money is in China. The coaches are all prc. All the technical terms are learnt in Chinese. 

Even the japs know how to speak some Chinese. 

Like premier league!😓

3 minutes ago, Freeder said:

KNN Mediacorpse..

Ch5 now showing LJ drama..

Mewatch toh......

WTF......

Haha thats what I told my friend. 

But ftw struggling big time. My friend says she never beaten this opponent before. 

2 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

FTW not doing well against the Germany PRC player. Jialat.

As above. She has never won against han yi. 

↡ Advertisement