Japan Olympics 2020(1) will continue as planned in midst of global pandemic

Blueray

14 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

Quite an intense game. LKY is quite good and he really made Christie suffer. Unlike when Christie took on Aram; he made it look like a practice round. 
too bad LKY fumbled a couple of times and lost his advantage. If not he will have a good chance to defeat Christie. Christie on the other hand is able to keep his composure better.

I think 3rd round he panic liao then gancheong that's why fumble, but it was a close fight he kept closing the gap until i think lost composure then fumble. But really good tactics and amazing drop shots from him. The 2nd match he was completely owning it. Christie's tactic of delibrately keeping LKY away from the front at certain points was quite good too, but he got caught out quite a few times by LKY's surprise moves.

The team SG coach guy very full of expressions and hand actons, quite hilarious, kinda like him

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

22 minutes ago, SiLangKia said:

I think 3rd round he panic liao then gancheong that's why fumble, but it was a close fight he kept closing the gap until i think lost composure then fumble. But really good tactics and amazing drop shots from him. The 2nd match he was completely owning it. Christie's tactic of delibrately keeping LKY away from the front at certain points was quite good too, but he got caught out quite a few times by LKY's surprise moves.

The team SG coach guy very full of expressions and hand actons, quite hilarious, kinda like him

Lol. I was telling my wife he kena the ftw syndrome. His coach is quite cute too. Lol.

30 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

LKY put up a good fight. Very good match to watch.  He doesn't seem to be ranked about 10 places behind. Hope he improves for next Olympic for a medal. 

I remember he is rank 40 plus. Christie is 7. The commentator also mentioned that LKY is a underdog. I don’t think he has as much competition experience as Christie. But ya, he will improve with more experience.

• Praise 1

4 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

DED8C107-B420-4009-93AD-5F0AB39BE305.jpeg.eab5b503faf27aa5f2a5dd1b0749d623.jpegE83629C8-9DFA-4405-BFB4-554FA224DB51.jpeg.11323b539c7d8b9a1ba95c236aa3e9af.jpeg9F7C0A12-351D-4655-9E4B-B3C3640E0F0F.jpeg.047acd075437509aa95d6fa0e6ee6bf6.jpeg

still prefer Ai Chan. Literally jpop w Table Tennis racket. 😂

This one not only understand Chinese play but understand Chinese too👍

• Praise 1

(edited)

Jippun men soccer team gifted the French with 4 onsen eggs...and the referee added a red packet...😁

Edited by mersaylee
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

Supercharged
1 hour ago, SiLangKia said:

Quite animated coach, full of emotions to motivate....nice.

• Praise 1

(edited)
2 hours ago, Stratovarius said:

Lol. I was telling my wife he kena the ftw syndrome. His coach is quite cute too. Lol.

I remember he is rank 40 plus. Christie is 7. The commentator also mentioned that LKY is a underdog. I don’t think he has as much competition experience as Christie. But ya, he will improve with more experience.

Hahahaha ftw syndrome, I like how you put it, encapsulates the whole scenario well! Amazing how their ranking is so far apart when they seem so closely matched. I rmb seeing on LKY IG that his best world rank achieved was 27, it's in his bio on IG.

1 hour ago, Starry said:

Quite animated coach, full of emotions to motivate....nice.

Ya very cute I agree with @Stratovarius too! It was in contrast to Christie's coach who seemed quite fierce, don't understand what he was saying in bahasa but during the secong match it seemed like : " what happened you better up your game la if not next time go batam NO MORE Kueh Lapis for you!" 🤣

Edited by SiLangKia
  • Haha! 4

8 hours ago, SiLangKia said:

He's too hyped up. 

Jonaton was mostly calm. His coach just tell him do your thing, you are better. 

Loh was constantly looking at his coach after every point he lost. He was having too much adrenaline, he couldn't even stop moving during time out. Lot of your fine motor movements likely affected by this. He seems more like an aggressive zone player favoring short fast  rallies. Hard to be consistent. 

Have to say jonaton is definitely the better player overall. His court control, shot selection. He moves with less wasted energy also. 

• Praise 2

Anyway could see at the end, loh's body language showed he was satisfied with his effort. 

Unfortunately, after yeo JM exit and her interview, could see she was disappointed with the way she lost. 

16 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

He's too hyped up. 

Loh was constantly looking at his coach after every point he lost. He was having too much adrenaline, he couldn't even stop moving during time out. Lot of your fine motor movements likely affected by this. He seems more like an aggressive zone player favoring short fast  rallies. Hard to be consistent. 

Have to say jonaton is definitely the better player overall. His court control, shot selection. He moves with less wasted energy also. 

yeah .... look at legendary Lin Dan ...

even when he is behind points ... sometime in a big gap

he was always calm and slowly flip from losing to winning 

a player that can't calm himself ... even he is winning he can lose it when he start to make mistakes

• Praise 3

25 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

He's too hyped up. 

yes, Christie looked beatable when it was 2 - 6 (iirc) early in the third set.

but then ah boy somehow lost the plot while Christie remained cool.

competition experience counts a lot.

• Praise 4

Hypersonic
17 minutes ago, Blueray said:

yes, Christie looked beatable when it was 2 - 6 (iirc) early in the third set.

but then ah boy somehow lost the plot while Christie remained cool.

competition experience counts a lot.

3Cs - Calm, Cool and Collected.

• Praise 1

(edited)
52 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Anyway could see at the end, loh's body language showed he was satisfied with his effort. 

Unfortunately, after yeo JM exit and her interview, could see she was disappointed with the way she lost. 

Yeo jm surely would be disappointed. She won their last three encounters only recently. Anyway well done JM.

Quote"Kim, who defeated Haramara 21-14, 21-9 on Saturday, will present a tougher challenge for Yeo, but the Singaporean holds a 3-1 head-to-head record over the Korean, winning on the last three occasions...."unquote  

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 1

for badminton, must say I prefer the battle cries from JPMMs compared to ATBs.

JPMM battle cries pitch and tone jin sweet one. 

ATB is just high pitch and irritating. 

[laugh]

• Haha! 6

22 minutes ago, Blueray said:

for badminton, must say I prefer the battle cries from JPMMs compared to ATBs.

JPMM battle cries pitch and tone jin sweet one. 

ATB is just high pitch and irritating. 

[laugh]

Pervert.😓

Anyway you meant groaning? No player come near to the legendary sharapova.🤗

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1