Japan Olympics 2020(1) will continue as planned in midst of global pandemic

Blueray

(edited)
18 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

JS was 21 yrs old in 2016, and now 26 yrs old in 2021

i say more or less pass prime liao ...  5 years older requires at least 2x more training and effort to keep the best fit as the body age .... 

phelps was 31 in 2016 ... look at phelps body and fitness and lost to JS 

JS definitely can have another shot at the next Olympic if he trains well. Like you said, it will get tougher for him with younger and stronger swimmers emerging. But I To keep his mental strength going after he has won the gold medal may be a challenge.

One of my uncles was an Olympian of another country and he said the toughest for him was to keep his mind on a target he had already achieved and to better his own timing. So he has great respect for those who could win gold medal/break record one after another.

Edited by Silver_blade
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 8

(edited)

Go! Go!! GO!!! 🏸Lee TJ of bolehland 💪

Edit: habis. A total reverse from the first set. Lee could have also taken the 2nd set with a shaky Chen Long 

Edited by mersaylee

Supercharged
(edited)
13 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Go! Go!! GO!!! 🏸Lee TJ of bolehland 💪

Think have to only depend on their doubles liow for any medal chance.

Not sure what happen to Lee on the 3rd set.  Keeping making un-force errors. Would have thought he could give Chen Long, who is 32 a good fight and tired him out completely. 

Edited by Starry
  • Praise 1

I wish him well but I doubt he can win another Olympic medal at 30. This is not about training harder. 100m butterfly is a brute force event that requires perfect technique and a great stamina. WR for this event will get lower and I doubt he can even beat his PB at that age. Look at this heats, the best swimmers are all within his 2016 OR and they are not even at Semi yet. The WR will be broken at this rate. It is a big ask for a 30-year-old to beat his own record set when he was 22. Also, he doesn't have the height of his competitors and those tallest swimmers have very big hands to help them propel. He won 2016 by his sheer power. I do hope I'm wrong though and wish he wins another one for Singapore. 

• Praise 6

Supercharged
(edited)
49 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

agreed that 26 years old still can do it

what i meant was he need to throw in double the effort to maintain or upkeep the 21 years old body performance

which is very difficult ... just like how you party at 21 and how you party at 26 ... cannot all night long liao ... lol

Bro..I think between 21 and 26, the body fitness would not have degrade that much la.  It is not like between 45 and 50 where most pple can feel a difference in fitness level. 

I feel that end of the day, it is their mindset that makes the difference. How badly they want to win it and what sacrifices they are willing to do in order to keep staying on top.

Edited by Starry
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

12 minutes ago, Starry said:

Think have to only depend on their doubles liow for any medal chance.

Not sure what happen to Lee on the 3rd set.  Keeping making un-force errors. Would have thought he could give Chen Long, who is 32 a good fight and tired him out completely. 

I was surprised to see CL's uncertain wobbly footings in most part of the 2nd set yet he won the last 2 vital points. 

1 minute ago, Starry said:

Bro..I think between 21 and 26, the body fitness would not have degrade that much la.  It is not like between 45 and 50 where most pple can feel a difference in fitness level. 

I feel that end of the day, it is their mindset that makes the difference. 

yeah ... i miscalculate the "mindset" .... especially once you have already "arrived" 

Turbocharged

Thanks JS for giving us that moment of pride in rio. We'll always remember and honour you for that, whatever happens. 

• Praise 7

Chen meng and sun ys put on quite a finals display. they were at a different level compared to the 3rd and 4th place match. 

Well deserved Chen meng. 

2 hours ago, Wt_know said:

agreed that 26 years old still can do it

what i meant was he need to throw in double the effort to maintain or upkeep the 21 years old body performance

which is very difficult ... just like how you party at 21 and how you party at 26 ... cannot all night long liao ... lol

He drink too much milo peng ald

• Haha! 1

22 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Chen meng and sun ys put on quite a finals display. they were at a different level compared to the 3rd and 4th place match. 

Well deserved Chen meng. 

That sport reserved for china lol

(edited)
39 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Next olympics is 2024 right? So JS will be 29 then?

Cannot la, now many new young guys doing well and fast 

don’t worry schooling will sweep all gold in SEA games🤗🙏💪

Edited by Thaiyotakamli
  • Praise 2

31 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Cannot la, now many new young guys doing well and fast 

don’t worry schooling will sweep all gold in SEA games🤗🙏💪

Quah zw swam faster than him... 

• Praise 5

3 hours ago, Wt_know said:

JS was 21 yrs old in 2016, and now 26 yrs old in 2021

i say more or less pass prime liao ...  5 years older requires at least 2x more training and effort to keep the best fit as the body age .... 

phelps was 31 in 2016 ... look at phelps body and fitness and lost to JS 

um... he won 5 golds and 1 silver in 2016.... and he was 31.

↡ Advertisement