Japan Olympics 2020(1) will continue as planned in midst of global pandemic

Blueray

45 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Did not watch the heat.

How is his upper muscle built? Those upper body muscle like raisin bun bursting. Like those top european/american short distance runner.

Su BT not very tall,  I think only about 1.7m,  consider short,  but he is big for his height...  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

↡ Advertisement

Women 100m finals,  Jamaica bao 1-2-3, new OR record 10.61.... 

Women 100m hurdles, new OR in semi finals,  12.26... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1

10 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

Su BT not very tall,  I think only about 1.7m,  consider short,  but he is big for his height...  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

1.72m

his frame is like lu xiaojun man. haha he could be a weight lifter

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

4 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

Women 100m finals,  Jamaica bao 1-2-3, new OR record 10.61.... 

Women 100m hurdles, new OR in semi finals,  12.26... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Suprised no Jamaican in the men 100M...

• Haha! 1

This Yr Olympic track and field competition was good, double winner for High jump, Women triple jump also smashed previous WR by quite a fair bit. Triple Personal best for the 100m sprint 👍

• Praise 2

Unexpected win by Italy in the 100m finals.

Our asian bullet Su Biantian did not make it to top 3....he seemed to be slow off the block.

U2raJik.png

• Praise 2

17 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

Su Bingtian is the only Asian to have broken 10sec before this race.  His PB was 9.97 if I am not wrong,  and he holds the current Asian games record. He is station in USA.  

Not surprise with his 9.83,  OR have been falling since the start of the track events,  some as early as semis.  More OR expected to fall this year...  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

He could have gotten a bronze even a silver if he could clock his semi's timing...but his take off was second slowest...i tink he scared to be the second one out by red card...

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

8 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

He could have gotten a bronze even a silver if he could clock his semi's timing...but his take off was second slowest...i tink he scared to be the second one out by red card...

that red card definitely affected the start for the 2nd time

• Praise 6

Turbocharged
32 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

hmm he clocked 9.91 in 2018. He's the first asian to break 10s.

Ah ok my senior citizen eyes

戴 lost. Maybe the unseeded win for mens double has put a lot of pressure on her.

Edited by Weez911

Supercharged
2 hours ago, Weez911 said:

戴 lost. Maybe the unseeded win for mens double has put a lot of pressure on her.

But a very very good fight. it was a nail-biting finish.

I thought Chen YF looked very tired going into the 3rd set but kudos to her,  she managed to return almost anything thrown at her.

Edited by Starry
  • Praise 2

Supersonic

Belarus runner seek asylum with Austria

TOKYO -- A Belarus track sprinter alleged her Olympic team tried to remove her from Japan in a dispute that led to a standoff Sunday evening at Tokyo’s main airport.

An activist group supporting Krystsina Tsimanouskaya said she believed her life was in danger in Belarus and would seek asylum with the Austrian embassy in Tokyo.

Tsimanouskaya said in a filmed message distributed on social media she was pressured by Belarus team officials and asked the International Olympic Committee for help.

“I was put under pressure and they are trying to forcibly take me out of the country without my consent,” the 24-year-old runner said.

Tsimanouskaya, who is due to run in the Olympic 200-meter heats Monday, criticized Belarus team officials on her Instagram account. She said she’d been put in the 4x400 relay despite never racing the event.

The Belarusian Sport Solidarity Foundation said government supporters targeted the athlete, and Tsimanouskaya contacted the group for help to avoid what she feared was a forced deportation to Minsk.

“The campaign was quite serious and that was a clear signal that her life would be in danger in Belarus,” Alexander Opeikin, a spokesman for the BSSF, told The Associated Press in an interview.

Tsimanouskaya summoned Japanese police at Haneda Airport and did not board a flight departing for Istanbul. Foreign ministry officials arrived later at the airport, Opeikin said.

In a statement released by the BSSF, Tsimanouskaya said she was in a police station early Monday morning.

"I explained the situation to a police officer of how I was taken from the Olympic Village," she said. "Now I am in a secure situation and am figuring out the question of where I will spend the night.

The IOC, which has been in dispute with the Belarus National Olympic Committee ahead of the Tokyo Games, said it had intervened.

“The IOC … is looking into the situation and has asked the NOC for clarification,” the Olympics said in a statement.

The Belarus National Olympic Committee has been led for more than 25 years by authoritarian state president Alexander Lukashenko and his son, Viktor.

Both Lukashenkos are banned from the Tokyo Olympics by the IOC which investigated complaints from athletes that they faced reprisals and intimidation in fallout from protests since last August after the country's disputed presidential election.

A spokeswoman for the Belarus Olympic team did not respond to a request for comment.

Tsimanouskaya was taken to a safe place and would ask for asylum from the Austrian embassy, Opeikin said.

Tsimanouskaya already competed for Belarus on the first day of track events Friday at the National Stadium in Tokyo. She placed fourth in her first-round heat in the 100 meters, timing 11.47 seconds, and did not advance.

7 hours ago, Starry said:

But a very very good fight. it was a nail-biting finish.

I thought Chen YF looked very tired going into the 3rd set but kudos to her,  she managed to return almost anything thrown at her.

戴資穎 did very well in the 2nd game to come from behind to equal the score. She did try her best but she also made more errors. She seems to be carrying a slight knock in her knees based on her posting? She also hinted this might be her last Olympics.

The 酸民 in TW are also quite brutal. Some said she is a 巡迴賽天后.

• Praise 1

3 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

戴資穎 did very well in the 2nd game to come from behind to equal the score. She did try her best but she also made more errors. She seems to be carrying a slight knock in her knees based on her posting? She also hinted this might be her last Olympics.

The 酸民 in TW are also quite brutal. Some said she is a 巡迴賽天后.

I heard that tai has a 15-3 record against Chen yf prior to this? True? 

From what I saw Chen yf has a pretty solid all round game though less flair than Tai. Tai has to take higher risk shots to try win points but she wasn't have the best of games. Just different styles. 

Well the prc have clutch mentality. Its likely due to a high level of competition internally just to be the 2 representatives. As in any country with strong depth (like aussie or usa in swimming). 

• Praise 4

2 minutes ago, Kopites said:

The contrasting post match statements between her and schooling. One given her all. One still have "reserve" in his tank to go better.

If he said he given it his best, he probably would get 轰下台 bah. 

Ok lah. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3