Japan Olympics 2020(1) will continue as planned in midst of global pandemic

Blueray

34 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

戴資穎 did very well in the 2nd game to come from behind to equal the score. She did try her best but she also made more errors. She seems to be carrying a slight knock in her knees based on her posting? She also hinted this might be her last Olympics.

The 酸民 in TW are also quite brutal. Some said she is a 巡迴賽天后.

my view

a. taiwan men double got Gold ... entire taiwan is putting pressure on her to get another Gold and "must" defeat China

b. she defeated her opponent 15x based on past plays ... a bit overconfident?

c. make too many mistakes especially in game 1 ... game 2 was nail biting to win ... game 3 the gap force her even make more mistakes and lost confidence

d. perhaps, you are right that she is not at her best form, not 100% recovered after defeating Sindhu [bigcry] 

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

13 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

I heard that tai has a 15-3 record against Chen yf prior to this? True? 

From what I saw Chen yf has a pretty solid all round game though less flair than Tai. Tai has to take higher risk shots to try win points but she wasn't have the best of games. Just different styles. 

Well the prc have clutch mentality. Its likely due to a high level of competition internally just to be the 2 representatives. As in any country with strong depth (like aussie or usa in swimming). 

戴資穎 is now 15-4 against 陈雨菲. Yes 陈雨菲 is an all-rounder, has great stamina, is risk-adverse and plays a very patient game. 戴資穎 is more unpredictable and offensive. This final we get to see 2 quite different style of players at the top of their game. I enjoyed this game a lot. It's gut-wrenching to lose in a final given her nation's hope but there can be only 1 winner.

• Praise 1

30 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

my view

a. taiwan men double got Gold ... entire taiwan is putting pressure on her to get another Gold and "must" defeat China

b. she defeated her opponent 15x based on past plays ... a bit overconfident?

c. make too many mistakes especially in game 1 ... game 2 was nail biting to win ... game 3 the gap force her even make more mistakes and lost confidence

d. perhaps, you are right that she is not at her best form, not 100% recovered after defeating Sindhu [bigcry] 

I agree, particularly (a) which probably weighed heavily in her mental state. I do think 戴資穎 deserves at least 1 Olympic Gold. She is a special talent, trains super hard and fought very hard. Her head-to-head is positive against almost all her key competitors except those retired Chinese players. I do hope she tries again in 2024 but 陈雨菲 has the age advantage. The Japanese are also quite disappointing this Olympics.

Edited by Weez911
  • Praise 1

28 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

I heard that tai has a 15-3 record against Chen yf prior to this? True? 

From what I saw Chen yf has a pretty solid all round game though less flair than Tai. Tai has to take higher risk shots to try win points but she wasn't have the best of games. Just different styles. 

cyf is only 23, her skills and experience is not as much as the rest (less flair and no pattern [laugh]) she play quite defensive and hoping for Tai to make mistakes.

In addition her previous few matches wasn't impressive hence could be the reason Tai was over confident and let her guard down. When Tai start losing she suddenly feel the pressure coming from the hope of her country, you can see from her early FB posts and the comments that almost everyone thought the Gold was already in her pocket.

Yes Tai won 15-3 over the previous meets with cyf, that is because cfy is still young and skills still has room to improve and matured.

• Praise 3

42 minutes ago, Kopites said:

The contrasting post match statements between her and schooling. One given her all. One still have "reserve" in his tank to go better.

YMY - 赞赞赞 👍

JS - wordless [lipsrsealed]

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

28 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

戴資穎 is now 15-4 against 陈雨菲. Yes 陈雨菲 is an all-rounder, has great stamina, is risk-adverse and plays a very patient game. 戴資穎 is more unpredictable and offensive. This final we get to see 2 quite different style of players at the top of their game. I enjoyed this game a lot. It's gut-wrenching to lose in a final given her nation's hope but there can be only 1 winner.

I dunno. To me, silver medal is not bad objectively. But I'm not competitive by nature. 

Yes we all remember the winners more easily. But it's not like world Cup where no one remembers the losing finalist. Top two in the world isn't too shabby, just saying... 

Never end up like jude laws character in Gattaca. 

• Praise 1

23 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

cyf is only 23, her skills and experience is not as much as the rest (less flair and no pattern [laugh]) she play quite defensive and hoping for Tai to make mistakes.

In addition her previous few matches wasn't impressive hence could be the reason Tai was over confident and let her guard down. When Tai start losing she suddenly feel the pressure coming from the hope of her country, you can see from her early FB posts and the comments that almost everyone thought the Gold was already in her pocket.

Yes Tai won 15-3 over the previous meets with cyf, that is because cfy is still young and skills still has room to improve and matured.

稳 is not a bad thing. Anyone who can make it to be china's two representatives in TT or badminton must be someone special lah. 

Oh OK 31 vs 23.

Edited by Lala81
  • Haha! 2

8 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

稳 is not a bad thing. Anyone who can make it to be china's two representatives in TT or badminton must be someone special lah. 

Oh OK 31 vs 23.

Tai only 27 [laugh]

6 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

that's why spore got "sports school" to groom olympian

once get into sports school ... is the school fees manageable and bao ka liao

it's ah gong sponsored to seed, groom and nurture potential olympian

Edited by Wt_know

11 minutes ago, Beregond said:

ah ni suay kenna china... 

China like to play us.  🤔

Conspiracy theory.

All other teams we no scare why must be china.

• Praise 1

4 minutes ago, Kopites said:

China like to play us.  🤔

Conspiracy theory.

All other teams we no scare why must be china.

ya. we stand a good chance against all other team to reach semi or even final. but must kenna the  strongest so early...

• Sad 1