Japan Olympics 2020(1) will continue as planned in midst of global pandemic

Blueray

2 hours ago, Karoon said:

I didnt know my body is olympian standard 

i3jfdrcrzze71.jpg

(Got 4th in his heat for 50m) 

The first 1-2 heats for some of the more participated swimming events are for participation. These heats the competitors don't actually meet the qualifying marks. They have some term for it. 

They come from traditional/modern swimming countries, mostly from Africa or Central Asian countries where they don't have access to pools. 

↡ Advertisement

What a race in 800M women...

Two 19yo teenagers grabbed 1-2, GBR gal came from 5th in final straight to come in second behind the migrant American gal while the other Yankee stormed from 7th to beat another British gal for the bronze, I think by 0.01s 🤪

Turbocharged
5 hours ago, Lala81 said:

The first 1-2 heats for some of the more participated swimming events are for participation. These heats the competitors don't actually meet the qualifying marks. They have some term for it. 

They come from traditional/modern swimming countries, mostly from Africa or Central Asian countries where they don't have access to pools. 

They qualify under wildcards. Like giving them complimentary slots to participate together in a global sporting event. 

10 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Probably too much Olympic on youtube.

Don't know why this tube appear in my YouTube watch list. 

Thanks. I'll watch later...men pole vault WR attempt now...

Not that man pole hor 😁

Update: no WR...thought he'd nailed it at first attempt...his clearance was vast but the chest clipped the bar while going down...

Edited by mersaylee

5 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Probably too much Olympic on youtube.

Don't know why this tube appear in my YouTube watch list. 

the true olympic game with "audience" for the vax ... :grin:

Edited by Wt_know

I am curious how Taiwan having a population of just 23.57 million (2020) can produce currently 52 medals (13 Gold). However, Singapore with a population of about 5.8 million has produce kosong medals.

Something is grossly wrong. Furthermore, we have a very active population where many are doing or completed NS and still doing reservists. Still we cannot even produce one medal.

Even our layback neighbor Malaysia could produce at least 1 bronze medal so far.

I need to write an editorial article on why we need to walk the talk and invest in our people, not just working to be No.1 in all forms of Statistics but to really have a wholesome society where we excel not just obsessed with making money.

We need to instill that everyone in our country is valuable and have potential so we need to start investing in our people.

Undertakers no count. They compete unfairly.

Turbocharged
13 hours ago, Zxcvb said:

They qualify under wildcards. Like giving them complimentary slots to participate together in a global sporting event. 

His time in 1:53 for 100m despite not knowing how to swim properly and semi-drowning.

My style is slightly better. I jumped into the pool to time myself over 100m....

over 2mins :D. He may not know how to swim but definitely superior physique.

also, i have a crush on Gabrielle Thomas, the 200m silver medalist. Very pretty and sweet, looks like wonder woman, and a harvard grad too. I hope they sign her up for a wonder woman reboot.

• Haha! 1

10 minutes ago, Ash2017 said:

I am curious how Taiwan having a population of just 23.57 million (2020) can produce currently 52 medals (13 Gold). However, Singapore with a population of about 5.8 million has produce kosong medals.

Something is grossly wrong. Furthermore, we have a very active population where many are doing or completed NS and still doing reservists. Still we cannot even produce one medal.

Even our layback neighbor Malaysia could produce at least 1 bronze medal so far.

I need to write an editorial article on why we need to walk the talk and invest in our people, not just working to be No.1 in all forms of Statistics but to really have a wholesome society where we excel not just obsessed with making money.

We need to instill that everyone in our country is valuable and have potential so we need to start investing in our people.

Only one thing in mind .......

One can win 100 medals (any colour) in his/her youth years but once cross 28 yrs old, without paper qualification, you are nothing in SG. Medals & trophies cannot go to 'Cash Converter' to convert into cash ... :ph34r:

Best is qualification from NUS, bright future & good family .... [lipsrsealed]

Internal Moderator
13 minutes ago, Ash2017 said:

Well. That's not good comparison thou.

It is not an overnight change for Singapore. So if you take taiwan as an example hor, in 1996 Olympics Taiwan only have one medal leh. Malaysia have more than Taiwan also.

image.thumb.png.4f427b6351635e69cbd03a214420a778.png

And what does NS and NSmen gotta do with Olympics? Is there an IPPT segment under the Olympics sport?

In fact, I think Singapore is improving alrd. You got see how many Singaporean come out and compete this year? It is getting more and more.

we have notable mentions like

- Joseph Schooling

- Quah siblings

- Chantal liew

- Yu mengyu

- Loh kean yew aka LKY😂

They all got put up on the world stage. In the world of sport, you don't grow overnight one. The skills and experience need to be passed on generation by generation. Why Japan baseball is so good? It is because since ww2 they start playing, they never stop the tradition, they keep playing. passing all their skills to the younger ones. The young padawan picks up faster, can play better. That's how they improve.

All I am saying is all these things take time. You really think you are young, you are in peak condition, you train 4 years you can bite the gold medal and win smth? Not so easy.

I am proud of my Singaporean Olympians where they got win something anot. I am sure when they come back, even if they don't compete for the next Olympics, they will also help the next Olympians to excel better. That is the true spirit of a sportsman. We give our best.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Karoon said:

His time in 1:53 for 100m despite not knowing how to swim properly and semi-drowning.

My style is slightly better. I jumped into the pool to time myself over 100m....

over 2mins :D. He may not know how to swim but definitely superior physique.

also, i have a crush on Gabrielle Thomas, the 200m silver medalist. Very pretty and sweet, looks like wonder woman, and a harvard grad too. I hope they sign her up for a wonder woman reboot.

My favourite this Olympics...Kathleen Dawson can be the next WW or Aquawoman 😁

IMG_20210804_121006.jpg

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Beregond said:

football final

brazil vs spain??

Jippun suay siao not to guard the fresher pair of legs in ET...

should have fake a fall when pushed from the back in dying seconds...too gentleman or not thinking liao after the long match

• Praise 1

I like to watch women’s volleyball. Some are really chio, slim and tall. 😍

Edited by Fcw75
  • Haha! 1

16 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

I like to watch women’s volleyball. Some are really chio and tall. 😍

Zehra Gunes 😍

image.png.72ffad4e1fe24ffb70a53e4793f62c66.png

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 5