Japan Olympics 2020(1) will continue as planned in midst of global pandemic

Blueray

6 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

Well. That's not good comparison thou.

It is not an overnight change for Singapore. So if you take taiwan as an example hor, in 1996 Olympics Taiwan only have one medal leh. Malaysia have more than Taiwan also.

image.thumb.png.4f427b6351635e69cbd03a214420a778.png

And what does NS and NSmen gotta do with Olympics? Is there an IPPT segment under the Olympics sport?

In fact, I think Singapore is improving alrd. You got see how many Singaporean come out and compete this year? It is getting more and more.

we have notable mentions like

- Joseph Schooling

- Quah siblings

- Chantal liew

- Yu mengyu

- Loh kean yew aka LKY😂

They all got put up on the world stage. In the world of sport, you don't grow overnight one. The skills and experience need to be passed on generation by generation. Why Japan baseball is so good? It is because since ww2 they start playing, they never stop the tradition, they keep playing. passing all their skills to the younger ones. The young padawan picks up faster, can play better. That's how they improve.

All I am saying is all these things take time. You really think you are young, you are in peak condition, you train 4 years you can bite the gold medal and win smth? Not so easy.

I am proud of my Singaporean Olympians where they got win something anot. I am sure when they come back, even if they don't compete for the next Olympics, they will also help the next Olympians to excel better. That is the true spirit of a sportsman. We give our best.

Agree with you completely. My point is it takes two hands to clap.

Without the support, lucky for Schooling that his parents were able to provide as his uncle clarified, but what about those who comes from less privilege families but have the talent.

I am one of those product, hand to mouth served to be a General but at the expense of others in other less desirable field. 

The country needs to support them not only when they win and then photo ops come into play. 

There is reason / reasons why so much unpleasant comments on Schooling failing even to do well in the heats. This is a socio-cultural issue, where from young we welcome and reward the best / rich but we sideline the less able. In fact, we are so suspicious in our society that these less able are milking our system or used up our resources. This is a sad state. It does not happened overnight but evolved over the decades.

My earlier post is to highlight, we strive for excellence but there is a proper way to do that which meant being inclusive. You were also right that we are making progress as more are taking up the challenge. Unfortunately that said, our authorities had been promising our country would be in which World Cup and Olympics and etc for decades earlier. 

People are working hard but they need support from country and as well as a supportive society that accept what ever the results be,

BTW I am recommending you to our editorial board and expect a phone call soon. You sure write post longer than me so must be good for ST.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

24 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

got meh? how often you sew people running in the field chasing balls?

thats why i say it fail badly.

we keep coming up with WC goals. and putting money into forming our own pro league.

not to mention soccer is our number 1 popular sports??

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
31 minutes ago, Ash2017 said:

Agree with you completely. My point is it takes two hands to clap.

Without the support, lucky for Schooling that his parents were able to provide as his uncle clarified, but what about those who comes from less privilege families but have the talent.

I am one of those product, hand to mouth served to be a General but at the expense of others in other less desirable field. 

The country needs to support them not only when they win and then photo ops come into play. 

There is reason / reasons why so much unpleasant comments on Schooling failing even to do well in the heats. This is a socio-cultural issue, where from young we welcome and reward the best / rich but we sideline the less able. In fact, we are so suspicious in our society that these less able are milking our system or used up our resources. This is a sad state. It does not happened overnight but evolved over the decades.

My earlier post is to highlight, we strive for excellence but there is a proper way to do that which meant being inclusive. You were also right that we are making progress as more are taking up the challenge. Unfortunately that said, our authorities had been promising our country would be in which World Cup and Olympics and etc for decades earlier. 

People are working hard but they need support from country and as well as a supportive society that accept what ever the results be,

BTW I am recommending you to our editorial board and expect a phone call soon. You sure write post longer than me so must be good for ST.

My angmo not good. Cannot be editorial. hahaha.

When I was young, I was selected to train for nationals for baseball.

Our yearly budget during that time was pathetic, Jersey need to ownself find sponsor, equipment spoilt liao still cannot replace and blah blah blah. So yah. I know. You wanna excel in smth but still gotta worried about money, equipment is not top notch, so training is slip slop.

Definitely we as a country, we can improve more. But I don't like to blame people, we human need to be stoic, do what you can and change what you can. If everyone follows, the changes will be impactful and big. That we will grow.

But there again, everyone started equally lah. Lionel Messi also play street soccer before he plays in barca.

Internal Moderator
11 minutes ago, Beregond said:

thats why i say it fail badly.

we keep coming up with WC goals. and putting money into forming our own pro league.

not to mention soccer is our number 1 popular sports??

Watching BPL is no.1 in Singapore.

Watching soccer is not really a sport lah. hahahahahahahahahah.

I think our no.1 sport in Singapore is badminton. Last time before covid, the badminton court like always kenna booked one. hahaha

• Haha! 1

6 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

I think our no.1 sport in Singapore is badminton. Last time before covid, the badminton court like always kenna booked one. hahaha

watching is no.1, betting is no.2? [laugh]

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

15 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

ya, i know your point, 

i feel we put too much resources into soccer ( even though i am a soccer craze guy ) without any return at all.

its time to cool our head and use those resource into sports that have better chance.

like u say alot of sg  watch soccer. but most of them dun play at all, not to mention those kids. all wearing thick glasses and play games only.....

frankly i rather we invest more into bowling electronic sports etc etc

• Praise 1

20 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

How else would ppl get so excited over a ball?

I think i watch soccer was in 93 or 94? I cant remember. That was the only time I watch Sgp soccer.  The Lions at that time were the best. The ozzie mate, the korean dude, super subs,  one Malay guy and one square top Chinese guy. I only remember the name Fandi Ahmad. The Kallang wave, that was quite awesome even when you watch it on tv. 

Overseas ones I dont watch cos so much betting money is involved you dunno whether it is really sports or gambling. For the players you dunno whether they are really pro or acting. That is why I dont watch. It is the money which is running game.

Edited by Watwheels

1 hour ago, Jman888 said:

Our should be at the pool.

Singapore pool! High participating rate regardless rain or shine.

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, Beregond said:

ya, i know your point, 

i feel we put too much resources into soccer ( even though i am a soccer craze guy ) without any return at all.

its time to cool our head and use those resource into sports that have better chance.

like u say alot of sg  watch soccer. but most of them dun play at all, not to mention those kids. all wearing thick glasses and play games only.....

frankly i rather we invest more into bowling electronic sports etc etc

Yeah. Totally agree. Can grow our esport scene. Since we have homegrown brands like garena and razer that is e-sport ventures one.

• Praise 2

21 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Those useless idiots who can't even make it to any tournament can eat shxx. And there are lots of shxx to last them a lifetime too. 

😂😂😂

So easy and quick to critise.

Chen Long won many medals. How many did each idiot win? How many had such injury and still tried his best? 

The road to Olympics is always paved with years of hard work, training, sacrifices and oftentimes, injuries during such preparation. 

And suddenly everyone is an sportspert and judge of all participants and their performances. 

Each participant is already an Olympian and winner. The spirit of Olympics is forever beyond idiots. 

Think should have an event called Idiotpics and again, the idiots will all be solid winners here. Oh, medals given out will all be a fake gold "big mouth" on it or an image of an "empty head". 

😅😅😂😂😂🤭🤭🤭

Stay safe 

Cheers 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

Turbocharged
5 hours ago, Wt_know said:

spore should look at sport that "ownself excel ownself" to perfect to get Gold and not limited by physique

like Shooting .... and Platform Diving?

Better still, push for new sport with our neighbours. At least can get bronze.

In the past, US wanted to beat ussr in the medal tally, so knowing they were good in the pool, they invented new events.... backstroke, fly, medley,relays. To counter, ussr padded up gymnastics, giving medals for team, individual and each apparatus. 

6 minutes ago, PSP415 said:

Those useless idiots who can't even make it to any tournament can eat shxx. And there are lots of shxx to last them a lifetime too. 

😂😂😂

So easy and quick to critise.

Chen Long won many medals. How many did each idiot win? How many had such injury and still tried his best? 

The road to Olympics is always paved with years of hard work, training, sacrifices and oftentimes, injuries during such preparation. 

And suddenly everyone is an sportspert and judge of all participants and their performances. 

Each participant is already an Olympian and winner. The spirit of Olympics is forever beyond idiots. 

Think should have an event called Idiotpics and again, the idiots will all be solid winners here. Oh, medals given out will all be a fake gold "big mouth" on it or an image of an "empty head". 

😅😅😂😂😂🤭🤭🤭

Stay safe 

Cheers 

well there are trolls every where. 🤐😙

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Kopites said:

Our should be at the pool.

Singapore pool! High participating rate regardless rain or shine.

we have so many cyclists on the roads, surely can field a medal winning team ? [;)]

• Haha! 4

we are famished .... for any Olympic medal.:TT_TT:

Uganda so far has 3: 1 each for Gold , Silver and Bronze.

and Ugandan Peruth Chemutai has made Ugandan history for being first woman to win Gold in Olympics.

yTi2mYl.png

• Praise 1

Just watched this. Simply unbelievable performance. This is the hardest sport of all. No other sports trains 8 hrs x 6 days a week. 

Edited by Volvobrick
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 1